Call of Duty 2

Calax

Seriously... these 1940's soldiers are able to regenerate better than Wolvirene... You can't hit crap with any gun... sniping doesn't kill in one shot... the levels are WAYY too short. (by levels I mean the areas that are considered all in one load...) The thompson got its magazine reduced... The later levels have way too many killzones for the germans. The grenade system is utterly messed up (hit g and you toss a grenade... I've killed myself several times trying to pick somthing up but accidently hit g instead of f) your allied AI can somtimes be stupider than old half life ai (a mission where you've got 3+ machine guns set up and the only way to actually keep all the areas where the germans appear is to keep all three guns shooting... but the ai doesn't even try to use the machine guns...)

It looses it's Epic feel that the first game had because it's to broken up to accomodate the console requirements... the game definatly got shortend for that same reason.

All in all if feels like it's in the same catagory as Doom3... It looks good at the beginning that most people see but once you get further in to the game it's just the same thing over and over and over... only instead of beasties popping out of nowhere and killing you while you try to get a super duper power up, this time it's a machine gun that's in a house that blocks the ONE WAY to get through to the next area... and of course your guy has to break into the house and kill the gunner and clean out the house.

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The regeneration thing put me right off. I think it's pointless having these grand WWII set pieces if your regenerating like some sort of master chief clone. It totally killed the setting for me.

Had more fun with Battalion Wars to be honest, although the attitude of the CO's and the way they hit on each other after the mission (the enemy CO's this is) just feels disrespectful to the poor sods who just got killed. I know it's cartoony, but it just feels wrong.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

wow... I just realized if you swapped the health systems of Medal of Honor Pacific aussalt and Call of duty 2 you actually find that the games feel like they are supposed to. Medal of honor pacific would feel more like a "one man army" and Call of duty 2 would feel like a team of people.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Call of Duty 2 is more of a cinematic experience than anything else. It gets good reviews because it allows players to partake in something that feels bigger than life. Call of Duty has always been about visuals and memorable scenes, and I didn't think Call of Duty 2 disappointed in that aspect. Personally, I've never liked any of the Call of Duty's because of the jRPG-like gameplay, in that you're forced to follow narrow paths through a seemingly open world and stand around and witness the scripts play out around you.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Jrpg-like?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Jrpg-like?"

Big open world, except there's only one way forward?

"The regeneration thing put me right off. I think it's pointless having these grand WWII set pieces if your regenerating like some sort of master chief clone. It totally killed the setting for me."

Really, instaheal medikits are no better.

"The grenade system is utterly messed up (hit g and you toss a grenade... I've killed myself several times trying to pick somthing up but accidently hit g instead of f)"

Yes, blame your own incompetence on the game!

rebind rebind lol

All in all, your complaints are really silly, so I'm just going to conclude that the game just isn't FOR YOU.

*claps*

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

There are a lot games out not for us nowadays. So there are two possibilities. One, that games are becoming easier and dumbed down. Or we are just becoming better players. By the design of these new games I have to say option one. Yep, dumb down games are not for me. So, when will there be games released that aren't dumb downb for the PC?

By default Dumbd Down Games should never score higher than a D+, (6 out of 10, 60% out of 100%, and so forth because they are dumb.

Edited by Hades_One

Or maybe some games just aren't for you? For instance, I acknowledge that PES4 does football very well, but I still don't like to play it.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Then why did you play KotOR? I've never seen a more "dumbed-down" rpg system.

And how about NWN? Hack 'n slash and still you liked it.

Personally, I think you're just complaining for the sake of complaining.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

It looses it's Epic feel that the first game had because it's to broken up to accomodate the console requirements... the game definatly got shortend for that same reason.

Looks like another sorry victim of the Invisible War syndrome! :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

That is a good point.

It just seems to me that you don't really mind the fact that rpgs are becoming simpler. You just like to whine. :D

kirottu said:

True enough.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Anywayhey, did someone here like this game?

Or is everyone just pissed off because they removed cooking of grenades? :D

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Anywayhey, did someone here like this game?

Or is everyone just pissed off because they removed cooking of grenades? :D

I enjoyed it. :blink: Never got around to playing the first one though...

CoD 1 was pretty much like Medal of Honor. With Russians. Don't bother.

kirottu said:

Always? That's not a whole lot. Cap has been registered for two weeks now.

kirottu said: