Arrested development may live on

random evil guy

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111793458...38&cs=1&s=h&p=0

WUHU! best show on tv right now. along with family guy of course...

Uh...except that Arrested development isn't on tv anymore, right?

Anywho, I could care less. I don't have Showtime.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

To be fair, I've never seen Arrested Development. Family Guy and American Dad are offensively stupid.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Arrested Develpment is really funny, but the humor tends to be a little weird for some people. And even though the show starts off with a recap of whats going on its still kind of hard for someone to jump into the series. With that being said I like the show and watch it when I can, same with My Name Is Earl.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

To be fair, I've never seen Arrested Development.  Family Guy and American Dad are offensively stupid.

Thats the problem, very few people HAVE seen the show.

Matter of fact, one of the stars of the show went by the FOX gift shop to purchase a season 2 DVD set and the vendor at the shop asked to see his FOX ID to get the employee discount. He laughed and pointed at his face on the box to convince her... they both must've felt really lame.

I don't like family guy. It's not very funny.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I don't like family guy. It's not very funny.

Thats funny, it said the same thing about you the other day!

I was so happy when I heard about the Showtime/Arrested Dev. thingy earlier today :)

Family Guy pokes fun at Pop Culture. Many people here have no clue what is happening in popular culture, so of course you wouldn't find the show funny.

It also does great parodies of 80's TV shows, so if you are under 25, there's more content not to get.

I hope Arrested Development goes to Showtime...maybe we'll get to see Ellen's girlfriend naked. Oh, that's a pop culture joke, in case you don't get it.

One of my friends was like "oh man, watch arrested development its so good, best show on TV" blah blah blah. So I watch a couple episodes and get back to him and I'm like "Were we watching the same show? That show sucked."

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

• 3 years later...
Family Guy pokes fun at Pop Culture. Many people here have no clue what is happening in popular culture, so of course you wouldn't find the show funny.

It also does great parodies of 80's TV shows, so if you are under 25, there's more content not to get.

I hope Arrested Development goes to Showtime...maybe we'll get to see Ellen's girlfriend naked. Oh, that's a pop culture joke, in case you don't get it.

Yeah, it's still not funny.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Family Guy is about as funny as Spoons, that is, not at all.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Geez, that is the most delayed response ever Gorgon. I wrote that 3 and a half years ago.

But what I said is still true. Neither Mus or Gorgon are particularly enamored with pop culture. The show is not aimed at you. This last week of Family Guy revolved almost entirely around the MTV fake reality show "The Hills". Have either of you ever watched a full episode of The Hills? It's a terrible show, but it is a part of popular culture.

It's not something to be ashamed of, being disconnected from pop culture. But you should be able to understand that it is the reason you don't find the Family Guy humorous.

Edited by Hurlshot

The masses already have the awesomeness of AD, but I still cant understand why so many people didnt like it when it aired. Its like THE most downloaded TV-show in the history

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

The masses already have the awesomeness of AD, but I still cant understand why so many people didnt like it when it aired. Its like THE most downloaded TV-show in the history

Maybe the lack of a laugh track threw them off? Or the multitude of characters or the word play?

Two And Half Men is running on it's sixth season...

2q0k6me.gif

Edited by Purkake

And the trend continues. "Better off ted" which is absolutely brilliant and in the same spirit as AD, looks like its being cancelled mid-season. WHY?!?!

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "