Ever wanted to go DS without face changes?

I know going to the darkside is all about face changes and looking evil but don't you wish there was something in the game that you could find to make your face stay the same and be evil all at once? I just hate looking so ugly but I LOVE being very evil. If you think about it Bastila was very evil and pretty at the same time too. I just thought it would be cool if you could find something in the game to make your face look good and be evil. What do you think :(

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

Darth Sidious stayed 'regular' looking until Mace fried his face, and he was darkside for years and years and years before that.

So I'm going to have to say that it doesn't really make sense to have a sudden face lift just because you go darkside.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It would have made more sense to me if the changes had been reversed, actually. Looking at the character animation for the force alignment in the Character screen, you can really feel the blood flowing and the character breathing with life on the DS, while the LS is statue-like. All that repression of your emotions and focusing on peace of mind almost turns you into one of the undead...the constant stress and conflict of discipline should reflect Jedi as well.

(Signatures: disabled) 

And this is why I think Bastila didn't actually fall, despite what others say... at least in the ending that actually happened.

A rotten face is sort of the point... I think at least some people don't play DS because they don't want an ugly character. Although I wouldn't play DS even if the DS faces were more good-looking.

I play DS every now and then, in spite of the terrible pallor DS PC's and NPC's have ... I think those with DS Mastery should have the red & yellow eyes (like Maul's, and like Anakin flashed a couple of times in ep III), and that's it ...

I don't mind the Angelic/Diabolical pose in the stat screen.

Some of the faces look fine being total ds. They have that goth vampire look. But some of them look plain nasty.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I like the corruption. All those ds energies can't be healthy and it sorta makes you think whether you really want that power. Strenght doesn't come free.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There's a mod for that at pcgamemods.com. I think it's called "subtle DS transitions" or some such. No matter how dark you go, it never allows you past the first transition. It gives you and your party members the "evil eyes", though.

I like the corruption. All those ds energies can't be healthy and it sorta makes you think whether you really want that power. Strenght doesn't come free.

You don't see Anakin's face falling off, though, and the sort of transition experienced in KotOR/K2 is much more like Anakin's as opposed to Palpatine's.

Also, I remember reading somewhere (it was an excerpt from SW Insider I think) that Palps' state was as much a result of his being very old as it was of his use and abuse of the dark side.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Palpatine looked pretty corrupted when he during episode one when he wore those robes. Even teh voice was totally different. I think it's just Lucas' being inconsistent.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The Jesus head looks very nasty in Dark Side mod.

Dark Side Jesus sing this song, doo dah doo dah!

Dark Side Jesus need facial cream, oh the doo dah day!

I thought that one looked like Obi Wan.

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG

Well, voice can be mimicked. And the Insider article claimed that Palps' true appearance was what he looked like after zapping himself with his crazy lightning. Supposedly he was using some Sith Alchemy to keep a "normal" face. Again, his physical deterioration is supposed to be a result of long-term exposure to the dark side.

Which makes the K2 hasty DS transitions from a perfectly healthy individual to a walking, rotten corpse rather dumb. :)

And, there are no such things as logic and consistency in SW. :o

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Which makes the K2 hasty DS transitions from a perfectly healthy individual to a walking, rotten corpse rather dumb.  :)

And, there are no such things as logic and consistency in SW.  :o

Must be typo day, I'm having a hard time making my posts readable.

Agreed on both points. Will we blame this on dumb-down too? :D

kirottu said:

Well, voice can be mimicked. And the Insider article claimed that Palps' true appearance was what he looked like after zapping himself with his crazy lightning. Supposedly he was using some Sith Alchemy to keep a "normal" face. Again, his physical deterioration is supposed to be a result of long-term exposure to the dark side.

Which makes the K2 hasty DS transitions from a perfectly healthy individual to a walking, rotten corpse rather dumb.  :)

And, there are no such things as logic and consistency in SW.  ;)

Yes the sudden transformation is stupid. But this game is what 30-35 hours long? I gues they had to speed up the process for games sake.

The speed would annoy me, but the finished product is what annoyed me most. As I've said before, I'd prefer a face that intimidated your enemies, not give them an urge to rush you to the hospital or give you some facial cream. ;) Disciple's pure darkside face looks like he's aged 50 years and has the plague.

Edited by Mothman

And this is why I think Bastila didn't actually fall, despite what others say... at least in the ending that actually happened.

I have a funny feeling you were picking up on:

@Janmanden: "It would have made more sense to me if the changes had been reversed, actually. etc."

But turning Bastila ugly would be like having sex in KotOR (or Fallout) without the black screens - Not gonna happen. And it's not related to storylines either...

(Signatures: disabled) 

Yes the sudden transformation is stupid. But this game is what 30-35 hours long? I gues they had to speed up the process for games sake.

It still makes no sense. The kind of corruption represented by the final stages of the DS transitions could only be explained by years of exposure to the dark side. The game is supposed to develop over a few weeks, not even a month, according to G0-T0.

One must the love the continuation in the SW universe. :blink:

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG