Iranian leader denies Holocaust

Delta Truth

BBC story

They have created a myth today that they call the massacre of Jews and they consider it a principle above God, religions and the prophets," he said.

On live TV, he called for Europe or North America - even Alaska - to host a Jewish state, not the Middle East.

Israel swiftly denounced the president's comments.

"We hope these extremist comments... will make the international community open its eyes and abandon any illusions about this regime," foreign ministry spokesman Mark Regev told AFP news agency.

Mr Ahmadinejad's latest declaration echoes comments he made last week, in which he said territory should be "provided" in Germany or Austria to establish Israel "if European countries claim that they have killed Jews in World War II".

The president sparked international outrage in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map".

'Europe's fault'

Speaking to thousands of people in the south-eastern city of Zahedan, Mr Ahmadinejad brushed aside criticism of his views, saying it was orchestrated by supporters of Israel.

"If someone were to deny the existence of God... or prophets and religion, they would not bother him.

"However, if someone were to deny the myth of the Jews' massacre, all the Zionist mouthpieces and the governments subservient to the Zionists tear their larynxes and scream against the person as much as they can," he said.

He returned to his earlier theme that Europe should shoulder the responsibility for a Jewish state.

"If you [Europeans] committed this big crime, then why should the oppressed Palestinian nation pay the price?

"This is our proposal: give a part of your own land in Europe, the US, Canada or Alaska to them so that the Jews can establish their country," he said.

Since his election in June 2005, Mr Ahmadinejad has taken a more hardline stance towards Israel in public than his predecessors, and has recently stepped up his anti-Israel rhetoric.

Israel's spokesman said the Iranian president's latest remarks reflected a "perverse vision of the world held by this regime".

BBC Tehran correspondent Frances Harrison says the Iranian press has endorsed the president's views, calling them logical and less passive than the approach of previous Iranian governments.

Condemnation

The foreign minister of Germany criticised Mr Ahmadinejad's remarks as "shocking and unacceptable" and warned they could influence negotiations with Iran over its nuclear programme.

"I cannot hide the fact that this weighs on bilateral relations and on the chances for the negotiation process," Frank-Walter Steinmeier said.

German officials are scheduled to meet their Iranian counterparts on 21 December for the next round of talks over Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Talks between Tehran and three European Union nations - Germany, France and the UK - have been deadlocked over Iran's renewed efforts to produce nuclear fuel.

The EU renewed its condemnation of Mr Ahmadinejad's position, saying it had no place in civilised political debate.

It seems the rhetoric has increased lately from the Iranian leader. Revising history because you don't like the Jewish people is wrong and appalling quite frankly.The Holocaust was a tragedy for human kind and to deny it happened will allow history to repeat itself in some from

Shouldn't they just put some sort of sanctions on Iran -

Its obvious they want to build weapons and even if they don't use them they could just give them to a terrorist group

Even Europe is starting to see Iran is not a country that a deal can be worked with

Eventually the U.N. is going to have to deal with the issue of Iran , what they do I don't know?

Edited by Delta Truth

BBC story

"If someone were to deny the existence of God... or prophets and religion, they would not bother him.

"However, if someone were to deny the myth of the Jews' massacre, all the Zionist mouthpieces and the governments subservient to the Zionists tear their larynxes and scream against the person as much as they can," he said.

:( Great comparison, assface

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Obviously.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I couldn't find a direct quote but it seems that the new Iranian president never denied that six million Jews were murdered during W.W.II. He called it a crime committed by the Europeans and said that the Palestinians have no responsibility to have to pay for the those crimes done on the Jews. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by julianw

I couldn't find a direct quote but it seems that the new Iranian president never denied that six million Jews were murdered during W.W.II. He called it a crime committed by the Europeans and said that the Palestinians have no responsibility to have to pay for the those crimes done on the Jews. Correct me if I am wrong.

link

link

Just read it. I still don't think he is denying the Holocaust; only denying its significance in history. I mean if he truly believes that Holocaust never existed, why does he call on the Europeans to give part of their land for compensation to the Jews?

Mark Regev, spokesman for Israel's Foreign Ministry, said: "The combination of a regime with a radical agenda, together with a distorted sense of reality that is clearly indicated by the statements we heard today, put together with nuclear weapons -- I think that's a dangerous combination that no one in the international community can accept."

I agree, Iran is one scary country right now.

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Bah it's a mad religious nutcase talkin' outta his arse. Why do you care so much? Dictators talk like this all the time.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

BBC story
They have created a myth today that they call the massacre of Jews and they consider it a principle above God, religions and the prophets," he said.

On live TV, he called for Europe or North America - even Alaska - to host a Jewish state, not the Middle East.

Israel swiftly denounced the president's comments.

"We hope these extremist comments... will make the international community open its eyes and abandon any illusions about this regime," foreign ministry spokesman Mark Regev told AFP news agency.

Mr Ahmadinejad's latest declaration echoes comments he made last week, in which he said territory should be "provided" in Germany or Austria to establish Israel "if European countries claim that they have killed Jews in World War II".

The president sparked international outrage in October when he said Israel should be "wiped off the map".

'Europe's fault'

Speaking to thousands of people in the south-eastern city of Zahedan, Mr Ahmadinejad brushed aside criticism of his views, saying it was orchestrated by supporters of Israel.

He returned to his earlier theme that Europe should shoulder the responsibility for a Jewish state.

"If you [Europeans] committed this big crime, then why should the oppressed Palestinian nation pay the price?

"This is our proposal: give a part of your own land in Europe, the US, Canada or Alaska to them so that the Jews can establish their country," he said.

Since his election in June 2005, Mr Ahmadinejad has taken a more hardline stance towards Israel in public than his predecessors, and has recently stepped up his anti-Israel rhetoric.

Israel's spokesman said the Iranian president's latest remarks reflected a "perverse vision of the world held by this regime".

BBC Tehran correspondent Frances Harrison says the Iranian press has endorsed the president's views, calling them logical and less passive than the approach of previous Iranian governments.

Condemnation

The foreign minister of Germany criticised Mr Ahmadinejad's remarks as "shocking and unacceptable" and warned they could influence negotiations with Iran over its nuclear programme.

"I cannot hide the fact that this weighs on bilateral relations and on the chances for the negotiation process," Frank-Walter Steinmeier said.

German officials are scheduled to meet their Iranian counterparts on 21 December for the next round of talks over Iran's nuclear ambitions.

Talks between Tehran and three European Union nations - Germany, France and the UK - have been deadlocked over Iran's renewed efforts to produce nuclear fuel.

The EU renewed its condemnation of Mr Ahmadinejad's position, saying it had no place in civilised political debate.

It seems the rhetoric has increased lately from the Iranian leader. Revising history because you don't like the Jewish people is wrong and appalling quite frankly.The Holocaust was a tragedy for human kind and to deny it happened will allow history to repeat itself in some from

Shouldn't they just put some sort of sanctions on Iran -

Its obvious they want to build weapons and even if they don't use them they could just give them to a terrorist group

Even Europe is starting to see Iran is not a country that a deal can be worked with

Eventually the U.N. is going to have to deal with the issue of Iran , what they do I don't know?

Why not we just leave the past in the past. Most of the people who commited the crimes against the jews are dead. Why should their sins be carried onto a new generation? That's like my father killing someone and than I get the chair.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

And our system isn't corrupt as well?

While I loathe his tactics a lot of problems in the Middle East would be solved if Israel just wasn't there. Great Briton and the US had no right to steal land from the indigenous people who were living there at the time and form Israel. The Axis powers were the ones who caused the this Holocaust and lost WW2. Isreal should have been formed by taking their lands in payment for their crimes.

I have to agree with Hades on this one, theres no reason for the Palestinian people to shoulder this burden

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.