Problem with affect/dominate mind?

Sorry if this should be somewhere else!

I've played through KotOR 1 4 times; and after the second time, I learned that I don't need to put points into persude; as learning affect and Dominate mind do not require it.

I just bought SL; and although I have affect and dominate; I'm not seeing the usualy "Force Persude" option that I used to; nor is persude working as often as I should. I'm still at the very begining of Telos. Should I put some points into that Skill to get it working properly; or is Telos the SL's version of Taris; and I should just wait till I'm off this planet?

Sorry if this should be somewhere else!

I've played through KotOR 1 4 times; and after the second time, I learned that I don't need to put points into persude; as learning affect and Dominate mind do not require it.

I just bought SL; and although I have affect and dominate; I'm not seeing the usualy "Force Persude" option that I used to; nor is persude working as often as I should.  I'm still at the very begining of Telos.  Should I put some points into that Skill to get it working properly; or is Telos the SL's version of Taris; and I should just wait till I'm off this planet?

Naturally this depends entirely on your game style. My advice is either to embrace Persuade completely or else drop it entirely - adding a few points now and then won't bring you great results, because the difficulty of using it raises as you rise in level yourself. Personally I always max out Persuade as much as possible, because only the main character may build the skill. I find it to be a useful skill, but don't bother if you're not going to be dedicated to building it.

Affect and Dominate mind have not nearly as much use as on K1, not just the amount of uses but the success. On K1, almost veryone fell for it, on K2, it worked much less often. Because of this i also use the approach of maxing persuade.