Working on my Image

Child of Flame

My manager has told me that as of late I have accquired a rebellious reputation, a reputation of being a rabble rouser, and a malcontent. Now, while I am an individualist, my rebellion always is aimed towards a cause. Also, I am really a nice guy. Why, just the other day I PMed Mus? asking him if he was okay. Today, I lashed out at Arkan with harsh words when he was being mean to Hades who was just venting. I may be mean sometimes, but it is in fact, because I care. About you! Why, just tonight I went to my younger brother and sister's school choir concert. Is that the sort of thing a mean person would do? I even joined in when they were singing the Halleluja Chorus, but only after the director invited the audience to do so if they knew the piece. Are these the actions of a rebel?

I think not.

Edited by Child of Flame

If you get rid of the burger signature pic that my browser doesn't seem to like very much, I'll tell everyone I know what a nice guy you are. :-"

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Firefox 1.0.6, no add-ons like Adblock.

The sig just make the browser go kinda wonky/stuttery when I'm scrolling up and down a thread he's posted in numerous times.

I think you can turn sig pics off here...I may finally do that.

Edit - oh...you have to disable signatures entirely...oh well, I guess I'll do that. :-

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

PMing me doesn't make you a pansy. A lot of people do that.

Being a rebel with a cause, however, makes you one.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

In the plethora of meaningless and useless threads that is WOT, this particular one stands out. Why, you might ask? Well, it's because some of those threads are funny, or at least their authors intended them to be so. This thread fulfills neither of those conditions.

All I see here is some ego self-bolstering. While that's not necessarily bad, it can potentially cause others the wrong impression. The impression that the author is becoming an attention whore, or the impression he desires to become a "board celebrity".

Mind you, I think you're a nice guy, Child. Even after you threw a tantrum over my cloning your old Eru account (:-"). But making this kind of threads really does you a disservice.

Just my $0.02.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Well, over the internet, it's hard to pick up on subtle humor and good intentions. I actually thought you were a pretty standoffish guy at first, but after reading about your thoughts on entering clergy and what to do after High School, I realized you've got a great heart and you're a very nice guy under that avatar. You do seem frustrated with your circumstances, and unfortunately that's going to come across in your daily life.

PMing me doesn't make you a pansy. A lot of people do that.

Mr Popular, eh? :D

Me? Wanting attention? With over 5000 posts and a full inbox(third time this month, damn thing is way too small)?

:thumbsup: You're welcome too under the cradling braches of our love.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

CoF. I like you over all. Frankly there isn't many at these forums I don't like. Certainly I can get very annoying at time but hey we are all family here, right. There is nobody more annoying than family. I'm just that strange uncle that smells funny. Annyhoot, you just do what you feel is right and you can't go wrong. Um... Unless you do.

Edited by Hades_One

There, there little Pa...Eru. :lol: I'm sure there's people who're...moderately afraid of you as well as folks who just plain adore you. :wub:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

No! Not after I made up such a great nick for him. This will not come to pass!

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I'm an attention whore, dammit. Why do you think I created yet another damned TOMBS thread? BTW, Child, you need to lull folks into a false sense of nice-guyness before you suddenly turn on your online friends like a rabid dog. The way to cause real dismay is when you suddenly change demeanor and start flaming everyone within two threads.

Board Celebrity. That's cool. I've not heard that before. It must be the new Board Royalty. My too leet friend is always the clever one!

As for being a rebel, maybe that's because you've always been a bit rebellious here. After all, I believe spending time on these message boards shapes your personality (the horror!) just as much as spending time anywhere else. It's not like you are who you are in real life and then come here. So, if you're developing a rebelious persona here, even if the idea is to be rebelious here because it's safe, then you'll start to carry away some of those mannerisms into "real life."

Finally, I'm glad my numbered friend has posted again. ...But I suspect he is Hades' alt account!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Eru! Eru! Eru! :lol:

I agree with Hades about pretty much all he said earlier, Child seems to be a pretty nice guy, in fact i don't think i've seen him be nasty to people or flaming, unless of course it is to deserving n00bs :wub: