How is playing KOTOR 2 on The 360?

Is it better / worse than playing on the original Xbox? If it's worse is it still playable? What are the major complaints about this game technically? Is it mainly a frame rate thing? and where would I see the most problems i.e. when a certain battle happens etc. Are there any plans to improve the game through a patch or something (for xbox/xbox360)?

I'm planning on getting this game to play on my new 360 as there aren't many 360 games I'm interested in, although I have a few like PGR 3, PDZ which are good.

I wouldn't expect many people to have a X360 so uhhh, it'll be hard. Besides, do you plan to get rid of your old XBox or something? If it was crapper then keep it and play it on that.

There aren't gonna be anymore K2 patches except for the Restoration Project and I would think that's gonna be PC only although you should see the thread in that to get an accurate answer.

If you're talking about the 360 applying some sort of anti-aliasing like Temporal AA (or whatever the nVidia equivalent is) then it should technically look better, unless the engine used to play old XBox games is poorly done and in-efficient.

btw, I'm a PC guy - the only modern console I have is a GB Micro which I won a couple of days ago :thumbsup:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I have a 360 and I'm in the UK, a rare case indeed lol. Nope don't plan to get of the Xbox but I don't plan on keeping it under my TV now that I have the 360, it's kinda pointless really. I have heard story's of it being worse than the Xbox version, I haven't even played the game before so I'm not sure what was actually bad about it in the first place, I only heard it had frame rate issues, what were the problems with it exactly?

thanks in advance, btw the 360 is AWESOME! :p

Is it better / worse than playing on the original Xbox? If it's worse is it still playable? What are the major complaints about this game technically? Is it mainly a frame rate thing? and where would I see the most problems i.e. when a certain battle happens etc. Are there any plans to improve the game through a patch or something (for xbox/xbox360)?

I'm planning on getting this game to play on my new 360 as there aren't many 360 games I'm interested in, although I have a few like PGR 3, PDZ which are good.

Why would it be better?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Why would it be better?

LOL, was wondering that myself :blink:"

Why would it be better?

PC Emulators do it (emulate a console and improve framerate even without tweaking)

running xbox games off the hard drive improve performance a little too

Edited by Mondo

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

Why would it be better?

PC Emulators do it (emulate a console and improve framerate even without tweaking)

Well that's because people have had more time to work on those emulators. For example most SNES emulators now work flawlessly (People have been working on those for about 10 years). Microsoft has only been working on emulating the original Xbox for how long? Less than a year?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Why would it be better?

Well that's because people have had more time to work on those emulators. For example most SNES emulators now work flawlessly (People have been working on those for about 10 years). Microsoft has only been working on emulating the original Xbox for how long? Less than a year?

KOTOR 1 and 2 are on the list of 200 games which are meant to be compatible, so someone at MS has approved it to work, just how well it does work is the simple question...

I wish one of you would try it out, rather than debate things outside of the topic specification... and why is someone telling me MS will include a HD DVD drive? Do I care? Did I ask? It was a stupid and annoying comment and I bet it was an attempt to make me feel like buying my 360 early was pointless, that's mean. And anyway it's GameSpot RUMOUR control, you know rumours? and you fail to see they called 'Bogus' on it at the end, so your attempt failed.

• 3 weeks later...

hey i do have the 360 and KOTOR2 but ive been busy playing the next gen games rather than playing the xbox ones but i will do tomorrow when i have the time but yes i have been told that the 360 does polish up games if you have HD tv- which i have, smooths out the games slightly but nothing spectacular. will edit this post tomorrow and tell you!

hey i do have the 360 and KOTOR2 but ive been busy playing the next gen games rather than playing the xbox ones but i will do tomorrow when i have the time but yes i have been told that the 360 does polish up games if you have HD tv- which i have, smooths out the games slightly but nothing spectacular. will edit this post tomorrow and tell you!

Sounds interesting, can't wait the reply!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

yep they've denied it anyway you should read from ign lol

EDIT: infact i take that back this link from ign says that they have confirmed a add on, it wont be a new system but

anyway I've been playing on KOTOR2 and I have to admit I was slightly disapointed mainly because it seems to cut the size down so you end up with a THICK black border (only the sides) around the game but cut scenes are pretty bad u have the thick black border all the way around and have to look at this tiny image (compared to the rest of the tv) in the middle of it.. maybe this is because of the tv ( its a 32" widescreen) its also te same for KOTOR 1 which is a shame but after saying that halo 1& 2 have full screen and work beautifully! I am now just checking a few other games... jade empire plays exactly the same with the border and so does fable although for cutscenes the border isnt so thick.

but back to KOTOR its still quite jumpy and the graphics dont seem much different maybe just the lines are better more defined also saving is very quick, oretty much straight away... can't remember whether it was already like this.. Loading times are pretty much the same maybe a lil quicker but not amazingly.

Well thata prety much it! hope i was any help

Edited by kitty518233