I want that blade back -

I am playing through K2 again and this morning I got to the part where my party gets captured by Atris. During the dialogue Atris will flourish the Exile's lightsaber if the player chooses one during the convo with Atton on the EH after escaping Peragus. I had this as an option to say to Atris.

"I want that blade back - and I don't want to fight you for it."

I may not be an English major, but that has to be the dumbest line I have ever seen. The person who wrote that should be smacked with a rotten fish. It's pathetic. <_<

Why would the exile practically demand his saber, then say "and I don't want to fight you for it?" It makes no sense.

What should have been said was...

1) "I want that blade back. Don't make me fight you for it." - You would have gotten the same dumb effect, but sounded a lot better. - Neutral I suppose - Exile can't make up his mind if he wants to be forceful or passive.

2) "I would like to have my lightsaber back, but I will not fight you over it." - This would convey that the exile has an interest in obtaining the lightsaber, but will not resort to violence to get it. - Light Side - passive

3) "I want that blade back. If you don't hand it over I'll take it by force." - This would convey that the Exile is prepared to resort to violence to obtain his saber. - Dark Side - forceful

The only other two dialogue options in this node are both about the ship. Some paraphrasing here... "Give it back and I will leave." or "I'm taking my ship back. Try and stop me and you die!"

[/rant]

Edited by Cassidy

1. "I want that blade back - and I don't want to fight you for it."

I may not be an English major, but that has to be the dumbest line I have ever seen. The person who wrote that should be smacked with a rotten fish. It's pathetic. <_<

Why would the exile practically demand his saber, then say "and I don't want to fight you for it?" It makes no sense.

What should have been said was...

2.   "I want that blade back. Don't make me fight you for it." - You would have gotten the same dumb effect, but sounded a lot better. - Neutral I suppose - Exile can't make up his mind if he wants to be forceful or passive.

3.   "I would like to have my lightsaber back, but I will not fight you over it." - This would convey that the exile has an interest in obtaining the lightsaber, but will not resort to violence to get it. - Light Side - passive

4.   "I want that blade back. If you don't hand it over I'll take it by force." - This would convey that the Exile is prepared to resort to violence to obtain his saber. - Dark Side - forceful

Neither am I...major that is.

1. I like that line just the way it is. I'm talking to an adult that's behaving like a child and I have no reason to be polite, hate or like her. Gruff. It's mine and I want it back and she must hand it over. No questions asked. End of story.
  2. This expresses concern for Atris' life. would I wanna do that? Sounds kinda childish too, since she'd know that's what's gonna happen, because you always fight over stuff...alike. Why
  3. This is both too polite and too vague. Should be "That saber is as evil as it's wielder, yield and I'll redeem you and destroy it for you"...
  4. This seems rather stupid and a bit to hostile, to blow your cover all at once. If she says "no" then you'd say "Then I'll take it by force" *combat starts*

(Signatures: disabled) 

I like that line just the way it is. I'm talking to an adult that's behaving like a child and I have no reason to be polite, hate or like her. Gruff. It's mine and I want it back and she must hand it over. No questions asked. End of story.

Ah, I understand that now. I never thought of it that way. I always assumed fight meant physically fighting, not bickering as children do. I feel foolish now. :">

Guest MacLeodCorp

How about-

1. "I am going to leave with my lightsaber, and you're going to give it to me!"

2. "You have two choices, and one involves you leaving as a corpse!"

3. "So, you managed to find my lightsaber... Now, you will find death."

4. "Oh look, the Jedi reject found my lightsaber... Show me that you have earned it."

5. "What is the matter? Your saber is too small, so you had to go and steal mine!?"

6. "So, the little Padawan believes she is a Jedi. It is time for your training."

7. "If you can beat me for it, I will let you keep it!"

me too... is it possible to acctually get your lightsaber back though?? ive tried and tried and atris has come up with some crap like "i have to go and meditate now" and walks off with my lightsaber I WANT MY LIGHTSABER BACK!!!

...Has to be the dumbest line I have ever seen!

Naw, the dumbest line in a video game is "Looks like things are looking very grim...or should I say, grem?", which was in the instruction manual of Gremlins for the Atari. Grem?!? What the hell is that?!? That's too bad to be a pun...it's and insult to mankind.

Anyways, yes, I always thought that dialogue option meant arguing, not real fighting. I never really gave a damn since my character always ended up being a childish whiner. ^_^

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I see nothing wrong with it. I'm sure Obsidian has excellent people with are good with their grammar and spelling.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

How about-

4. "Oh look, the Jedi reject found my lightsaber... Show me that you have earned it."

5. "What is the matter? Your saber is too small, so you had to go and steal mine!?"

6. "So, the little Padawan believes she is a Jedi. It is time for your training."

Hey, are these all options that you think the Exile should have to say to Atris? They all look like they're gonna lead to a duel-they all say things like 'you'll become a corpse', 'now you will find death', 'if you can beat me',' you're gonna give it to me!', 'time for your training'.......how about 'I want to gain my saber back' (yeah lame, but at least it won't lead to a fight'.

Your new sig rocks Draken

can you give T.O.M.B.S. points for sigs?

*makes an exception to the rules*

Now you can.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Guest MacLeodCorp
me too... is it possible to acctually get your lightsaber back though?? ive tried and tried and atris has come up with some crap like "i have to go and meditate now" and walks off with my lightsaber  I WANT MY LIGHTSABER BACK!!!

Unfortunatly, you can't get your lightsaber back... However, I feel a mod in development... May be I should make a mod that allows you to gain your lightsaber...

How about-

Hey, are these all options that you think the Exile should have to say to Atris? They all look like they're gonna lead to a duel-they all say things like 'you'll become a corpse', 'now you will find death', 'if you can beat me',' you're gonna give it to me!', 'time for your training'.......how about 'I want to gain my saber back' (yeah lame, but at least it won't lead to a fight'.

If there was an ooption, which allows you to earn your lightsaber, then that will allow Atris to live until you confront her latter...

Force Choke (if you have the ability)

+ DS Points

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

:D your right when she whips it out and points it at you... :thumbsup:  it is no longer your blade.

does anyone know if TSL restoration mod will allow you to get your lightsaber back?

it would be a lot of work probably for the modders, but you could have the exile with a few options for things to say and then it would show the defeated Atris and she would not say anything, then either she would stab the lightsaber at you (like the exile does when he throws it away to the council) and then it ends the conversation and returns to the player's control, or after showing a silent shot of defeated Atris the screen goes black and fades back to the player control and then you would have the new item icon pop up with your lightsaber.

Maybe the Exile wants to play Pazaak for his/her old lightsaber? 

:)

What a wonderful idea. This way you can have a very stacked deck and win it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester