"Un" Official Kotor 3 discussion

Ok, game devolopers do in fact go to fansites and forums such as this one to see what they should put in sequels for their games. Having stated that, what would everyone here like to see in Kotor 3? Having just started playing the pc version I borrowed from a friend Im enjoying the game all over again, but this has just made me want the third one all the more.

Edit-PSA: Devolopers realy do look at these things, Ive met a few over at EA and even those guys look at forums to see what people want in a sequel. So please feel free to post anything you would like to play in the next Kotor.

What to avoid: The obvious, realy. I.E.

Better Graphics

A longer game

No bugs

I.E. #2 anything that they are obviously going to do already.

Now for what I want:

I am currently playing Kotor 2 pc with mods from pcgamemods.com, but it seems to be quite hard to mod the game. Anyway whoever is devoloping it, could you make it easier to implent modifications?

Real character customization please! Not just picking out a predifined portrait, but an Everquest 2 sized (or greater) character customization scheme.

Bonus planets / areas: How about a planet or 2 that doesnt involve the main story arch directly? Maybe one that just involves one of your party members backstories.

Everyone you can recruit should have some sort of optional quest line that you can complete attached to them. having multipe choices for how that story turns out would also be nice. I.E. having a light/dark side ending or maybe 3 different ones to choose from.

Bring back the romance thing! That was fun to play through in Kotor 1 and wasn't realy their in 2. Not only would it be nice to have them back but having a choice between 2 charactes would also be nice. You could even make who falls in love with you dependant on the light/side dark side choice besides the male/female to add to replability.

Pod Racing: cmon, I loved episode 1 racer, and replacing swoop racing with a full on pod racing game that you could take online would rule! Some people would buy the game just to play that.

Pazaak: A fun game, how about a multiplayer mode of some sort?

Multiple endings, instead of just light/dark ending having 2 different endings for both light and dark? I would enjoy it becuase even thouguh I have no problem playing GTA San Andreas and thought Postal 2 was incredibly funny, I just cant bring myselfe to be evil in KOTOR, dont know what it is.

More force powers for beyond lvl 20 would be nice, so if your playing a force used (counselers is it?) you wont be left out when you hit levels that high.

My thoughts on the first two:

Being able too only get certain characters wether you were light/dark side of the force or male/female realy added to the replayability along with the good/bad ending.

When replaying you noticed that at certain times saying something different got you the same response from an npc, which was annoying.

I liked how maturely the romance between a femal pc and Batila was handled in 1. It would be nice to see something like that again, if only to prove that "mature" games dont have to involve the wanton slaughter of the innocents. (Although thats good too, and of course lesbians are hot.)

The story is one of the biggest, if not the biggest part of the game. Part of the reaon that the 2nd didn't do as well was becuased it was rushed out and the story suffered because of it

Oh Yes and the Obligatory: I WANT KOTOR 3 NOW!!!.

Edited by locater16

First off, you should learn to type in English better because that was horrible. Secondly, a lot of your ideas were good ideas and I agree with *most* of them. But you have to realize that the more "cool new features" you add, the longer it takes to develop, and in the case of LA, generally translates to other parts of the game suffering due to being rushed. If Obsidian had been allowed another 6 or 8 months to work on the game it would have been 10 times better because so much had to be cut due to the time constraints. Yes, we all want KotOR 3 now, but the reality is that it hasn't even been officially announced yet. Even if it had been announced, if it's rushed out the doors like K2 was you will end up with a bugged, incomplete game, just like K2. I personally would rather wait another 9 months or a year and get a complete, polished game.

Just trying to start a discussion on Kotor 3 is all. One of the things devs look for when researching what fans are topics with a large number of replies. Becuase obviously thats a good discussion. Hopefully this will work. If not maybe I'll end up being hired by Bioware (Im working on a resume now and am going to enter their writing contest) and will actually work on Kotor 3. that owuld be awesome. Sorry about the disorganized writing though, thats what happens when Im just writing whatever pops into my head.

One of the things devs look for when researching what fans are topics with a large number of replies. Becuase obviously thats a good discussion.

Sorry to break the cryosleep of your reality, but that's wrong on so many levels. Yes, threads that have a lot posts obviously survive longer, so there's a larger chance of devs seeing and reading them. That however doesn't mean that a topic with a lot of replies is good discussion. Far from it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Some of my suggestions:

* Lightsaber forms: I really liked this feature from KotoR II. However, I would like to see it implemented more realistically.

We see from the movies that most Jedi cocentrate on using a single form, mastering it gradually throughout their lifetime. I would like this to apply to KotoR III so the PC learns from the start a form most suited their combat tecnique.

For example:

If the PC wanted bonuses to defence & bolt defelction he/she could gradually master form III. (as used by Obi-Wan post TPM)

If the PC wanted boneses to saber-on-saber combat he/she could chose to learn form II (Dooku)

The forms could be visually animated, so you can see the difference between them. Opposed to just having passive stat bonuses.

* AI: Even on hard difficulty Kotor1 & 2 were easy. Make the AI more resourceful, cunning and calculated. Just giving them more health and damage is not good enough.

*Puzzles: Aswell as multi-choice questions, I would like to see more interactive puzzles. e.g wiring a door/component or something with your mouse + keys etc...

The same old datapad view is getting old.

... maybe more suggestions later.

Locater, what writing contest is this?? What do you have to do?

Ya truffle shuffle.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Nice to see people are taking this thread seriously..... oh well what a waste of 30 mins of my life.  :p

You could have totally spent this time feeding yourself.

Cookie dough :)

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

It is always nice to add to my post count with a little bit of spam  :p

Nice to see people are taking this thread seriously..... oh well what a waste of 30 mins of my life. :)

Search is you friend. So is good sarcasm.

There's an enormous series of suggestion threads in Computer and Console; it's current generation is still on the first page and counting 8 pages as of now. Of course, if you just had taken some time to research and see how the forum works before jumping in; you might not look so pathetic now.

Go to Computer and Console., this forum is for K2 talk. And polls. Don't forget polls. :)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

lol, something wrong with the quote switch thingy...trying to fix

if you can see the problem send me a PM :huh:

...what would everyone here like to see in Kotor 3?

Won't this get the ol':

"Please feel free to contribute to the ongoing discussion...(blah blah) LOCK

What to avoid: The obvious, realy. I.E.

Better Graphics

A longer game

No bugs

Avoid better graphics and avoid having a bug-free game.... :blink: , lol.

Besides I think all these are a given simply because of the advancing times and technology.

I am currently playing Kotor 2 pc with mods from pcgamemods.com, but it seems to be quite hard to mod the game. Anyway whoever is devoloping it, could you make it easier to implent modifications?

I wouldn't say that - I haven't tried making mods but there are plenty of guides and tutorials at LucasForums Holowan Labs Forums.

Real character customization please! Not just picking out a predifined portrait, but an Everquest 2 sized (or greater) character customization scheme.

It's good enough for me atm...you have to remember there are some RPG noobs like me :) . I've never played Everquest 2 so could you describe what you're talking about.

Bonus planets / areas: How about a planet or 2 that doesnt involve the main story arch directly? Maybe one that just involves one of your party members backstories.

Yavin IV anyone? The whole planet hopping thing is easily flexible and is dependant on how the main story is structured. Have you played Star Trek: A Final Unity? Much smaller scale than KotOR but had the idea of free travel too but differently structured story.

Everyone you can recruit should have some sort of optional quest line that you can complete attached to them. having multipe choices for how that story turns out would also be nice. I.E. having a light/dark side ending or maybe 3 different ones to choose from.

You mean like K1...Also remember that K2 character quests were cut.

Bring back the romance thing!

Cut.

Pod Racing: cmon, I loved episode 1 racer, and replacing swoop racing with a full on pod racing game that you could take online would rule! Some people would buy the game just to play that.

No...they'd go buy Episode 1 Pod Racer instead for a much lower cost. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you but yeh, the alternative already exists.

Pazaak: A fun game, how about a multiplayer mode of some sort?

I'm trying to fill that hole. :D

There aren't enough people wanting to play MP mind you.

I liked how maturely the romance between a femal pc and Batila was handled in 1. It would be nice to see something like that again, if only to prove that "mature" games dont have to involve the wanton slaughter of the innocents. (Although thats good too, and of course lesbians are hot.)

:huh: .

Anyway that's why I like SWAT 4 - you don't have to go and kill everyone. That said, KotOR is still a big improvement on Jedi Knight, which is why it also appealed to me - you can walk around in a city with people AND still be carrying weapons.

Oh Yes and the Obligatory: I WANT KOTOR 3 NOW!!!.

As you probably know you can't have all the above and now :p .

Wanna play Pazaak?

Edited by dufflover

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

^Want pazaak? Dufflover provides. :cool:

One of the few fanworks worth getting.

kirottu said:

Another bloody KotOR 3 thread. Spam Lucas Arts with this crap and not Obsidian. We have 1 KotOR 3 thread and only 1. Obsidian is not doing and hoepfully never will do another KotOR game evwer again. LA had their vchance with Obsidian and they screwed it up by forcing them to rush the game.