Announcing the NWN 2 Wiki

Rhomal

NWN 2 News is proud to announce the first NWN 2 Wiki is now online!

The community has been working on it for about a month populating it with a foundation of information. Of course there is still a fair amount to get done, and we would appreciate any help and input you can offer.

The Wiki is mainly focused on toolset, custom content and the technical aspects of the game (such as game mechanics). But if you wish to add other related NWN 2 data it is more then welcome.

Currently you must be logged in to edit/add to the Wiki. But anyone is allowed to view/search it for information.

You may reach the Wiki at the following address:

http://www.nwn2news.net/modules/wiwimod/

Enjoy and I hope you find it a valuable reference!

NWN 2 News Staff

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

It would be valuable when the game is released, but a good read nonetheless.  :huh:

Thanks for the support... glad to see someone does not think I am single handly trying to 'take over the community'. LOL

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Take over?  No.  Guiding it a bit?  Yes.  :)

All this because I try to help the community by offering a wiki service... and now I am tring to take it over. Priceless.

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...462139&forum=95

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

ohh the comedy just gets better... since... you know.. im taking over the entire community and the serfs must rise in revolt... or some such thing...

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...462187&forum=95

thanks for the kinds words above as well.

Edited by Rhomal

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

So, not a biomod anymore?

Ha, ha, ha.

erm.. I resigned couple months ago... no secret as my announcment I sent Jay my resignation seemed to spread like wildfire... :thumbsup:

---

---

- Doreen Valiente

---

I have a particular low opinion of the BioBoards and the so called NWN community. Rhomal, I may not have agreed with you on some instances and such but keep the good work up. Those bunch of overreacting SOBs are nothing but a bunch of whiners.

Trust me, I know about overreacting. :thumbsup:

Those threads keep dropping like flies... Damn fast biomods! :thumbsup:

I wonder how would they rationalize your resignation of modhood as another powergrab? :D Damn, those threads would have had such a potential for trying to talk some reason with baseball bat.

Seriously though, this nwnvault has brought up in both of the threads and reasoning that since community has nwnvault all other infosites are some sort of attacks against community. Would be so hard to just bookmark another site? This is internet after all you would think people have customed to do some clicking...

Wasn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I think we should give them something real to complain about. Form our own NWN 2 commuinity using these forums here at Obsidian and the forums at Rhomal's as a base. How we handle mods and such would need to be worked out prior NWN 2 is released but if they are going to be a bunch of paranoid pricks lets give them something to be paranoid about.

^Back to Kittythulhu, eh?

You know what; I've been looking for a decent community and if this Wiki puts the ball rolling, then I'll join. If not for anything else than to pay back my old attacks toward Rhomal with support.

As for mods; well there was talk about them in here a few months ago and if I recall correctly, there were more than a few ready and anxious in the boards to get their gruppy paws on the tools. Maybe even make combines efforts, this is a closely-knit community afterall. Who knows, once NWN2 gets released, this fora might be anything but dead.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Obsidian deserves its own NWN community for all the hard work they are doing with the game and I think we have a great bunch of buggers to do it. Out of all of us there are plenty of people with creative telent, technical skills, and the such to meet the Bioware NWN 1 community head on. If those Bioware Peeps want to alienate us and try to brow beat us down they are in a fraking surprise. Man, I am in such a good fighting mood right now.

LETS DO IT!!! (w00t)

Edited by Hades_One

Oh, a few things:

Why are the Bio regulars so sure that the old hierarchies and names will stay the most prominent once the community starts to work with the new toolset? '

Who's MokahTGS? I've seen her/him/it in some other community besides Bioware too, but I can't place it right now

Edit: Let's not, Judge Hades. I reckon a community can work separately and still be in good terms with the other ones. I don't exactly like unjustified board wars(unless it's Codex).

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Don't know. Well, I am going to set up my own website and such to prep up for my mods. I could do some work on KotOR 1 and 2 to practice on and place the finish products there. I prpbably have some unused space at my ISP as well. I should check on that.

Man, I feel so excited. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Have you read the postings, man? The board wars have already started and Biopeeps shot the first volley. I don't mean we should go attack them but I do think we should form our own NWN 2 community. We don't need petty people like that who sees even the slightest support for a game outside their clicque as a threat to them.

Edited by Hades_One

You always have grand plans. Lot of talk and no ball.

kirottu said:

You always have grand plans. Lot of talk and no ball.

I know, and that is my fatal flaw and in fact I have several of them. Instead of actually working on fixing them I often go into a lot of bluster till I hit this last rash of depression. Something happen at work last night though. I feel the fire, real fire, to do something. To do anything. I don't know what and I don't know why but all of the sudden I have a drive I haven't had for over a decade. I feel like a bloody teenager again.

HAHAHAHA!