Kotor 2 Server?

Ok I was looking throught my kotor directory and I came across a notepad called swplayer, once you open it at the bottom you will see

[server Options]

Game Type=0

Server Name=Server

Max Players=16

[server Options]

Server Name=Server

[server Options]

Game Type=0

So does this mean Kotor 2 is multiplayer?

The Odyssey Engine used in KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 is based on the Aurora Engine used in Neverwinter Nights which has an extensive online capability. This is a remnant of the Aurora Engine that was not used or fully taken out due to the functionality of the engine itself. It is designed to be an offline game with the computer acting as both server and client for itself.

Ok I was looking throught my kotor directory and I came across a notepad called swplayer, once you open it at the bottom you will see

[server Options]

Game Type=0

Server Name=Server

Max Players=16

[server Options]

Server Name=Server

[server Options]

Game Type=0

yeah i noticed this too i was wondering what it was

I guess the only concrete answer would be for a dev to come on here and say something about it. :blink:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I think Judge Hades's answer was concrete enough. That is, if you understand basic English.

Edit: No, you can't mod multiplayer to this game; there just isn't enough to work with.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think the only people who know "for sure" are the developers, and they've not posted on the boards in a good long time. You could try to track down one of their emails from the main site and contact them with the question, but I'm inclined to believe what Hades stated.

The game was built up from Neverwinter Nights' engine, which does indeed support multiplayer mode, but this game & K1 were both intended solely as single-player (as stated in all the developer journals and such I read while waiting for the games to come out).

evil_twin.jpg

I have a mental image of sixteen people running around trying  to force choke each other at the same time.

Play Jedi Knight multiplayer and you're there.

ROFL too true too true

but if kotor was online what would it be like? everyone flying around in ebon hawks lol all tavelling to the same 4 or 5 planets trying to find a star map? well there is a kotor online.... but its called star wars galaxies <_<

but imagine a kotor online... it would be pretty cool conversing with one another...being sith lords.. jedi knights ahh..all you can do is just dream about it i suppose

Edited by Revan_Returns

I think the main form of multiplayer a KotOR style game would have to be over LAN (or multiple controllers) - ie, where people would easily play at the same time, in a single player co-op situation. As mentioned Multiplayer fighting is covered by SW BattleFront and Jedi Knight series.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Have you even played BG?

Oh, and I am not talking about Baldur's Gate: Dark POS Alliance and its sequel. I am talking about the Original Baldur's Gate, one of the best CRPGs ever made. If not, then you are nothing but a newb.

Edited by Hades_One

[server Options]

Game Type=0

Server Name=Server

Max Players=16

[server Options]

Server Name=Server

[server Options]

Game Type=0

No, they're probably just some old files...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Have you even played BG?

Oh, and I am not talking about Baldur's Gate: Dark POS Alliance and its sequel.  I am talking about the Original Baldur's Gate, one of the best CRPGs ever made.  If not, then you are nothing but a newb.

I played BG Dark Alliance and wasn't all that impressed. It was on PS. What one are you talking about?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds