Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows first Reviews

karka

That the...

You can't tell me this kind of game passes for an RPG...

As long as it has statistics and some character growth.

In a four player game you really dont want people buried in character sheets for half an hour. Probably rent it for the same reason. Not many four player games that are not sports games. Although Wi Fi is flavour of the month at the moment.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

But to be brutally honest (and I hope I'm not insulting you JE) the bosses were pathetic.  Again, we were on beginners, but I mean, come one!  Sometimes it seemed like it was easier to beat the bosses than it was to get through the levels!

The only boss I worked on was the "Stone Golem" in the Standing Stones. To be honest, I'm not even sure what other bosses made it into the game. I'm assuming that the "Master of the Cauldron" and "Grand Magistrate" were in, but I have no idea who/what else was.

I should have known - the Stone Golem was one of the better bosses. There was actually some strategy required to kill that one! The rest were just shoot until you kill.

Started playing through it again on Normal - still not real impressed. Yes, it was harder, but not better, if you know what I mean. Still took the same amount of time to get to the same spot, etc. Like I said, we'll keep it and probably keep playing it, but we actually chose to play a golf game instead of Gauntlet this weekend. That NEVER would have happened when we first got Dark Alliance/Dark Alliance 2 or Heros. (And yes, DA/DA2 and Heros were better games)

And yeah, the only reason I call it an RPG is that you do have stats, and you do level up. Unfortunately, you have all your spells/special attacks about 2/3 of the way through the game. And you don't get to pick your armor or weapons - each character thas their own weapon and armor "series" and that's it. When you find the right kind of chest, you get the next in the series. Period. Not a lot of customization allowed. Yes, it can be pain to wait on the other player(s) to choose what they want when they level up, but it's worth it to me so I get to do it when my character levels up! :D

Rent it.