Best order to do the planets?

linda

IMO it mostly depends on what NPC's you want to focus on being Jedi. The sooner you get them, the more you get to use them.

Dantoonie first is pretty common...but I like doing Nar Shadda 2nd, then Onderon, then Korriban.

Also, you can skip around them...you could go to Nar Shadda 2nd, say, do a few things w/out triggering the full 'planet plot', then go to Onderon...then back to Nar Shadda. I've done that a few times because I wanted to do some really specific things...but there's no real reason to do it that way.

Story wise, it's just little differences, nothing that seems important. Like, that one shopkeeper quest on Nar Shadda, it makes a little more sense dialogue wise if you haven't already done the other planets - plus I like the whole Onderon thing as a more fitting climactic prelude to the end-game, but it really doesn't mattert. *shrug*

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nar Shadaa is probably the easiest. It's a good idea to wait till you have your saber before triggering Visas, then you get another one, rather than a part. Although any place that would have given you a part prior to construction will yeild a complete saber afterwards.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I use to do Nar Shaddar first but in later games found the route that makes the most sence to me is:

1) Goto Dant and get personal Crystal then leave (pick up Disciple if playing female)

2) Dunx/Onderon

3) Nar Shaddar

4) Finish Onderon

5) Finish Dant

6) head back to NAr Shaddar and tell rodian vendor about Dant and Onderon to finish quest

7) Korriban

Thats the route I always take now anyways :)

Nar Shadaa, Dxun+Onderon, Dantoonie, Korriban. Works for me without flaws.

Edited by MasterRevan

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I mix a lot, since I think it's just plain STUPID to do the exact same thing twice (Unlike the makers of Deus Ex), but I also think there must be a 'perfect' order. This order feels.. *close* to me.

1. (Telos)
    Telos first of course...like you had any choice.
  2. Dxun/Onderon - Get Mandalore
    Need some more xp before starting on the masters as DS. Vrook is pretty damn hard early on. And since you don't finish off Kavar on Dxun/Onderon on your first visit it feels like a 'safe' starting point.
  3. Nar Shaddar - More mandalorians for Mandalore
    There are a lot of solo moments here that makes me think you need to be a little more rugged and experienced before taking this on early.
    You'll also have a full party by the end.
  4. Dantoine - More Mandalorians for Mandalore
    Vrook is a badass with a severe need for a good long spanking.
    and it's also a good time for a personal gem..
  5. Korriban ('Final Enlightenment'/premonition of doom to come)
    Korriban in K2 is like doing Kashyyk in K1 after the revelation. It's a late 'revelation' planet, not necessarily the last, which the level limit on the cave also suggest. It's sort of a high level (relatively speaking in light of the level limit) solo area.

Imo.

edit: first planet...5 letters...first is an 'S'...last is a 'T'...what is it?

Edited by Janmanden

(Signatures: disabled) 

I always do:Nar Shaddaa->Dxun/Onderon->Dantooine->Onderon Pt. 2->Korriban

How can you do Onderon last? What about Vaklu nad Talia and the message from Kavar/Tobin? Don't you need ot do an entire planet between leaving the fight in cantina and getting message? :lol:

Why is everyone saying not to do Onderon last? :p  :">

Cause there used to be/is an occasional bug where if you did it last, and you reached that point where they tell you to go somewhere and wait/do other things, the game would never continue or something (you'd be stuck forever waiting).

That's what I remember anyway.

Beyond that...people just like to have somewhere to go/something to do while they're 'waiting'.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Guest MacLeodCorp
Well if u want a saber then try Dantooine, don't do Onderon last thats all i have to say

I normally go:

Perg - Telos (Handmaiden) - Narsh (Mira) - Dan - Korb - Duxun - Ond

-or-

Perg - Telos - Narsh (Mira) - Dan (Disciple) - Korb - Duxun - Ond

When it comes to Onderon, why would you not save it to last? If you go there straight from Telos, you will only have three (pos. four) party members. Does the story change if you get their sooner?

Edited by MacLeodCorp