Xbox360 Japanese launch

Meshugger

Source: Kotaku.com

The train wreck that is the 360 Japan Launch continues. Unloved 360s consoles collect dust, and retailers are unable to return those unwanted Xbox 360s to Msoft due to contractual obligations. To cut loses and cover their arses, stores are left with no choice but to offer discounts. The originally 38,800yen (about $350 US) consoles have been lowered to 18,800yen (about $150 US) with Internet Service Provider contracts so that the shop could get some kickback money from the IP. And this is what, four days from launch?

xbldiscounts.jpg

Hmm, i might import one for that price :p

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Well, considering the launch-titles, it's no suprise:

- Perfect Dark: Zero

- Fifa 2006

- Need for Speed: Most Wanted

- Ridge Racer 6

- Tetris: The Grandmaster Ace

- Everyparty (Japan Only)

I fail to see any japanese kid going "oooh" and "aaah" over that list.

Edited by Meshugger

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm sure this is going just as expected....

....right Epiphany?  :p"

Epiphany has migrated to the Bioware-forums. Or atleast at the Mass Effect forums.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

I think Microsoft should focus on U.S. and Europe markets as soon as possible. Hey, who cares about Enchant Arm or Blue Dragon... Give us some western rpg's.. :D :D

Enchanted Arm might interest the japanese....but it's released later in 2006 (Q2 IIRC).

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

Frodo was paid some gree to tell me so on MTV. Personally I don't listen to celebrities. If they are trying to convince me of something that means someone paid them to convince me of something and I rather those people try to convince me themselves otherwise they are cowards who can't step up to the plate.

I think Microsoft should focus on U.S. and Europe markets as soon as possible. Hey, who cares about Enchant Arm or Blue Dragon... Give us some western rpg's.. :D :D

Oh, no they shouldnt! Keep CRPG's on the PC thankyou. Consoles are for console games.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "