Unexpected moments

Sikon

When you played the game for the first time, what didn't you expect? For me, such moments were:

- seeing Carth as an Admiral;

- the deaths of the three Jedi Masters in the Enclave (I read a walkthrough, so I knew Kreia was a Sith and the Enclave was going to be rebuilt, but still... I never thought Kreia would go so far);

- having to fight Atris (and frankly, I still think the whole "return to Atris" sequence could be safely omitted for a female Exile, who cares about Atris anyway?);

- the very presence of Malachor in the game. I expected it to stay somewhere in the background, often mentioned but never actually shown. And I expected the game to end after meeting Carth. I remember how it faded out with Carth staring into the window and thought, "That's a nice place for credits..." Then I saw the movie with the Ebon Hawk crashing on Malachor and thought, "Whoa! There's more! This must be Malachor, maybe I'm going to meet Revan?" Naive I...

i wish that you could really have atris train you. that would be sweet! :D i expected this game to be different. i know that you play the exile, but i thought that if you went light side, you could have jedi masters with you for a while. or if you went dark side, that you would have sith with you as "friends". there was some other things that i thought that this game had. but i was wrong. but still its not a bad game. pretty good. it would be a lot better if it was not rushed. :blink:

I never expected Darth Vader was Luke's father.

Not in a million years............

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Only real surprise for me was the unfolding of Attons Storyline. It was so well written.

I dont read walk throughs or such until AFTER I finish game (why would you?) but its was obvious Kreia was a sith from word go.

As for the three masters, was more surprised they would try and cut me off from the force after everything I had done then Kreia coming in and killing them!

LOL, and yes, not being able to return to Telos acadamy was annoying!

having zek kai all and kavar told you that you are right, and that they understand you. then at the enclave they all seemed to forget what they said before :huh:

Yes...that seemed so stupid! I was just so disappointed in Kavar and Zek Kai All :lol:

I think they were swayed by nasty old Vrook far too much :-

Unexpected moment for me, was getting to spar with six handmaidens at Telos, as a LSF Exile

I must say, my jaw also dropped when I heard "This is Admiral Onasi speaking."

However, the most pleasurable moment had to be killing Vrook. Oh sweet, sweet vengence. Now if only I could have concinved the others that Vrook was a Sith and had to die. Poor Kavar, he didn't deserve his fate. I think that was the one time I truly hated Kreia. :devil:

sig2.gif

I didn't expect that I had to kill Sion after Nihilus. Seriously. Sion seemed as the weakest sith of all in the begining, at least for me. Well, he wasn't.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Oh, yes, and by the way, Cassidy's avatar is a Dark Archon from Starcraft. Quote cool.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

It's always a pleasure to kill Vrook. Good thing about K2 is killing the masters if you are ds.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Even for a spoiler forum this is like INSTANT HOLOCAUST.

MEGA SPOILER:

Facing Dark Jedi Bastila on top of the Rakata Temple was totally unexpected. Wavering, staggering, irresolute reloads.

This is le numero uno of the line for me.

(Signatures: disabled) 

<old witch mode on>

Ah, Dark Jedi. Already you presume much. Perhaps she became a Sith Apprentice out of necessity, to prevent a greater evil from being unleashed upon the already fragile Republic. Her mission was simple - to make Malak feel like he had won, to make him feel safe - and at the same time, allow Revan to finally bring an end to the Sith crusade he started. Have you never wondered why Dodonna never mentioned the losses suffered because of her Battle Meditation? There virtually weren't any, and this is another pleasant sign of benevolence towards the Republic we should thank Bastila for. And perhaps the dark side, which could never completely consume her, had no power over her whatsoever, and Malak's skills of conversion and persuasion, which proved so effective during the Mandalorian Wars, finally came to a failure, and the young Jedi who did not follow him to Malachor chose not to follow him into the darkness. But you know this. The visions of Korriban are not easy to forget, and they echo within you still.

<old witch mode off>

Actually, that was one moment in the game that was, to some extent, predictable. Not fo r me, because KOTOR was the first true RPG I ever played, but for others... for whom the name Aribeth de Tylmarande does bear some significance.

Edited by Sikon

<old witch mode on>

Ah, Dark Jedi. Already you presume much.

<old witch mode off>

Actually, that was one moment in the game that was, to some extent, predictable. Not fo r me, because KOTOR was the first true RPG I ever played, but for others... for whom the name Aribeth de Tylmarande does bear some significance.

Rancor: Huh, That's a deathwish and not a pen you got there, because the pen would clearly defeat me, being mightier than the sword and all, MUAHAHAHA... COME HERE LUNCH!! :blink:"

<Default user mode (troll): OFF>

Bastila was ripe for the picking - by anyone - and she readily turns her back on her newfound masters, because she obviously prefer the doggy style and when faced with a master - she's always the servant. Bastila is a completely corrupted opportunistic whore...and that's why we like her. Sleezy and demure. :blink:

Love has made you blind, fanboyorlesbogirl! Go play DS. ;)

There is no emotion, but peace - obviously means that the Jedi couldn't care less about the fate of a few planets and the deaths of a couple of billion people. As long as it ends in peace (as in Rest In Peace), and if they can just stay out of trouble themselves and defeat the Sith, thus remaining in control as dictators themselves, everything is dandy. I can understand why you think they are on the high ground here...it's a long fall down.

And it makes absolutely sense why Bastiala would join you on your dark side and also kill Juhani and Jolee...to maintain the illusion of course.

Revan: stand still, why won't you stand still?

Jolee: *grumbles something about kids with blasters* I'm old and obviously both senile (since I'd join with you in the first place) and got the shivers too...what do you think? It has to look real. Now stop wasting my time and kill me!

Revan: DIE SCUM!!

Jolee: Messing with the old mans head now? *ouch* ...Hey! That hurt!!

Juhani: Humans! Fech!! You kill me, ME?! That's a disgracssss, who ever thought about thiz..hssss...game must have been a complete cathating retard, tch...

Revan: DI...oh, uh, die Juhani(!)

Juhani: Mathssss!! Tch! Humanssss!! 8 livesss to go...

Juhani: Sssseven!

Juhani: Five...

Revan: What?! You forgot six!

Juhan: Fech, Just kidding puny human, Ssssix! :blink:

Definitely a True Sith Lord controlling those morons, weakening them all, they just don't know it...the Republic is severely weakened and in K2, the Jedi, Sith usurpers and the force sensitive are near extinction...just a sitting duck waiting for the hunter to return. Ever thought about that, witch?

That's right, Revan was faking all along, toying with their emotions, pretending to be brainwashed and redeemed... long story cut short: Revan is still the master.

1. Have you never wondered why Dodonna never mentioned the losses suffered because of her Battle Meditation?

- Because it was somebody else, dispensable grunts with wifes and kids, known as cannonfodder for poor tacticians and Admirals, Forcefully enlisted, without a voice or choice, that died? I got a blank spot where that name is...tatooed on my head.

<Default user mode (troll): ON>

Uh, who moved the rock?

Anyway, I was puzzled, but I didn't really see Bastila coming around like that. And going DS after being LS was a pretty bad move too, since I couldn't wear any of the SF Robes...being gray, which was really unexpected too.

(Signatures: disabled) 

Love has made you blind, fanboyorlesbogirl! Go play DS.
No, I won't. I never played DS and never will. Never made sense to me, even if we assume that Bastila has truly fallen, Revan's sudden departure is not something that a true Sith Lord would do.

In the DS version Revan can convince Bastila to be his/her apprentice, and in the end game sequence she says something like "All hail Revan! Dark Lord of the Sith!" .... or something similar. It's been a while since I finished a game of K1. The point is Sikon, that your version of events could have happened with a LS game, but I have failed to bring her back from the DS in a LS game and had to kill her to continue on to Malak. In a DS game she is actually corrupted and really becomes sith, Revan's apprentice. Even in K2, if you choose a DS Revan backstory, you find a holocron on Korriban in which Bastila talks about her master Revan leaving and there are no other sith lords she will follow, that only Revan can truly lead the sith.

Edited by Cassidy