Your response to violence in Games

Hell Kitty

Poor Mission.

But she should have followed you if you were ds. At least she had guts to stick up to you unlike Carth who ran off.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm gonna have to add Half Life 2 to the list... somtimes I reload because my entire team dies near the end... :'(

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Just adding my .02 to the original question.

I typically avoid killing/evil-doing to what I percieve as the innocent. Sometimes, as in strategy games, I even go so far as to try really hard to protect my units from demise. In DungeonKeeper I'd try to win without any of my minions dying - I'd even reload. I guess I've got this thing where I don't feel like I've truly won if I lose companions through my poor or hasty strategy. Like a commander not wanting to lose their men or something.

That said, once I start to get bored with a game, I'll often turn around and start killing everything just to see what happens...or because it's funny...ala drowning your Sims or attacking people in town in BG so the peace enforcer mages will come along and you can have a really big fight. lol

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

or attacking people in town in BG so the peace enforcer mages will come along and you can have a really big fight. lol

Casting Charm is a much nicer way of doing just that. I'd even suggest the casting of Goodberries but they don't seem to care about that. Anyway, don't use the poor cowled wizards as an excuse for your virtual psychopathy. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

In war games I try to save as many allies as I can, (if they're not scripted to die.) In my mind, it just seems wrong watching my poor ally soldier get blasted just 5 seconds into the mission. I want them to live to fight another day, (even though there hasn't been a war game, with the excepion of Operation Flashpoint I think, that carried on surviving soldiers to the next mission.)

In my war games, I've come to grips with the fact that sometimes I must sacrifice a few for the good of the many. Having said that, I still hate taking casualities in them though. I make sure that each soldier lost results in 10 of their soldiers lost :(

I've been playing Need For Speed: Most Wanted latly, and I really try hard to avoid hitting other cars. Even when the cops are on me, sometimes it looks cooler to hit the breaks at just the right moment, and watch two cop cars slam into a wall then just run them off the road.

I like 'feeding' traffic with cops too, but it's still pretty harmless, considering the lack of the killing context. Since I don't play GTA I can't comment on whether it's happening already in racing, but if that context of killing was part of NFS, well... Not hunting you, but shooting you.

(Signatures: disabled) 

i like how some games reward you for not killing the enemies, e.g. splinter cell 3, your mission score gets lowered for every person you kill, or MGS2 your only silenced gun to start out with is a tranquilizer one and if you just tranq a guy and his buddy finds the body, the guy who was attacked is awoken and doesn't really know what happened, and no alarm goes off or anything.

Mission's Zaalbar scene was really powerful.  Which was a good thing.

When he turns on her because of of Revan's influence? It should, since this is a betrayal of a best friend who ends up killing her.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Your response to violence in Games.

I'm sorry I killed you! *reloads*

My action in the given situation:

I'm sorry I killed you, attempts to reload.....switches to knife, kills a teammate, takes his rifle....sorry, mine was out of ammo :ermm:

Edited by Raphael

Ralph my boy, lets not make fun of bisexual women's dead mothers.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

It is kinda funny in COD2... you run and dive into a ditch while a pair of mg42 tears through your entire team in 1 second.... 5 seconds later(with you back at full life) another squad of 15 allies comes rushing up and lets you pick off the mg's gunners.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.