Frappr!

Child of Flame

I don't think it needs to have an open topic to be useful. If people keep spamming it, then it will be closed. But it is a neat feature to see where everyone is, regardless, and having the thread stuck at the top of the forum makes it easy for everyone (including n00bs) to share in this feeling of community.

Not sure why everyone wants it closed, though. Maybe I'm missing something?

Your case is logical; I agree that it should stay. It would be unfortunate if it had to be closed due to spamming, but if that happens, maybe simply turning off the ability to post would be better than eliminating it altogether? The newbies might not be able to ask about it, but they wouldn't be cut off from the information either. As Fio stated, it is a good "fixture of the community."

Edited by Blank

Way Off-Topic refers to the topics started, not the adherence to the topic once it has begun. ;)

ORLY?!!?

but is that how it is generally handled in practice (well, pre you having an itchy trigger finger)?

Nope.

Because we have literally had threads on chimps taking over the world, which we're ok, but to say that one goofy topic changing into another goofy topic makes a thread lockable is kinda silly. It's bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy. The point of the topic was for laughs.

As far as serious topics, and the frapper, I get keeping it on point. But isn't that what pruning and warnings are for? Locking a serious topic seems self defeating.

Edited by kumquatq3

Way Off-Topic refers to the topics started, not the adherence to the topic once it has begun. ;)

ORLY?!!?

but is that how it is generally handled in practice (well, pre you having an itchy trigger finger)?

Nope.

Because we have literally had threads on chimps taking over the world, which we're ok, but to say that one goofy topic changing into another goofy topic makes a thread lockable is kinda silly. It's bureaucracy for the sake of bureaucracy. The point of the topic was for laughs.

As far as serious topics, and the frapper, I get keeping it on point. But isn't that what pruning and warnings are for? Locking a serious topic seems self defeating.

YA RLY

Yeahkindasortaoughta, but this is a high-profile topic. ;) Megalomaniacal chimps are fine in their own thread.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT