Frappr!

Child of Flame

It's unfair to say you "bailed" them out of WW1, you only participated in the final year or so of the war where most of the blood had already been spilled by far. We can't say for sure how it would have ended, there were too many factors in play.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

It's unfair to say you "bailed" them out of WW1, you only participated in the final year or so of the war where most of the blood had already been spilled by far.  We can't say for sure how it would have ended, there were too many factors in play.

But most historians agree we were the deciding factor. Or at least, a shortening factor. The war had been for the most part a stalemate until our intervention.

Edited by Mothman

I agree, it probably would have ended with a stalemate if the US had not joined the Entente side.

What I just wanted to point out is that what happened in WW1 isn't anywhere near what took place regarding France in WW2.

France lost millions of soldiers in the trenches, and most certainly would have lost to Germany had the British not helped them. Germany also had to fight Russia on the other side since Austria-Hungary couldn't really hold off Russia on their own. (Germany actually had to assume command of the Austro-Hungarian forces at some point)... but that's off topic.

Either way it's hard to say. :lol:

Sorry for the rant. ;)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Statement: Greetings, meetbags. I am HK-50, and I like to announce my plans. So, I've come here to...facilitate communications and put an end...to hostilities. Query: Any questions?

dragon113mq.jpg

"Great intelligence usually goes hand in hand with great stupdity."

Join The Sibilati!

-Sibilati retrorsum sibilamus

I found my picture.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

• 2 weeks later...
Perth Australia, just behind Mojo's you'll have to continuosly click upwards over Mojos to get mine.

Or just zoom in on the area a bit and click yours. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

...And now it is apparent how close I am to julian.  Hey, buddy, I should get you a coffee some time.  You'd have to promise to call me by my real name rather than Eldar.

You have a real name? :o

Your cat has different colors in his eyes?

Yeah, blue and green. I think it's turkish angora, one of the few breeds who are furry and are odd-eyed.

That's the breed that likes swimming to catch fish (in the wild), isn't it?

@silver

to post your location and a picture that shows you (an actual [good looking] female) drunken on an rpg-board...I wouldn't have the balls for that

Eh... well, I didn't think I'd attract that many actual stalkers, seeing the closest person to me is apparently about 2-3 hours drive away. :blink:

Don't misunderestimate Baley ... :ph34r:

Hey, I am just honest.  :)

Which is a tactful way of saying tactless ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Everyone here realizes America wouldn't be able to bitch about the French today if they hadn't bailed us out during the Revolutionary War right? 

I mean sure it was just to stab a knife in the back of the Brits, but still.

And then we bailed them out of two World Wars. Debt repaid, I think. :D

... because the Nazis wouldn't have bothered the US after they controlled Europe ... :blink:

It's unfair to say you "bailed" them out of WW1, you only participated in the final year or so of the war where most of the blood had already been spilled by far.  We can't say for sure how it would have ended, there were too many factors in play.

But most historians agree we were the deciding factor. Or at least, a shortening factor. The war had been for the most part a stalemate until our intervention.

It was touch-and-go as to which side the US would support origianlly: it was only when the Second Reich's attempt to convince the Mexicans to invade the US was discovered that the Germans upgraded their attacks on the US merchant fleet and the US got angry ... nothing to do with helping the French, at all: that was completely accidental.

I agree, it probably would have ended with a stalemate if the US had not joined the Entente side.

What I just wanted to point out is that what happened in WW1 isn't anywhere near what took place regarding France in WW2.

France lost millions of soldiers in the trenches, and most certainly would have lost to Germany had the British not helped them. ...

Technically, the British declared war against the Germans for invading neutral Belgium ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

... because the Nazis wouldn't have bothered the US after they controlled Europe ... :-

Did we help them against the Nazis - yes or no? :)

It was touch-and-go as to which side the US would support originally: it was only when the Second Reich's attempt to convince the Mexicans to invade the US was discovered that the Germans upgraded their attacks on the US merchant fleet and the US got angry ... nothing to do with helping the French, at all: that was completely accidental.

The U.S. had been leaning toward the allies all along, even before the Zimmerman Telegram fiasco. Remember the Lusitania? And even farther back than that, for example, are the 1st and 2nd Morocco Crises.

Technically, the British declared war against the Germans for invading neutral Belgium ...

They probably would have declared war on Germany anyway. Both nations were part of the Triple Entente, and German actions prior to the outbreak of the war had only strengthened the Anglo-French alliance against Germany prior to that, such as with the Kruger Telegram Crisis and the two Morocco Crises.

Also, why in the hell am I responding to this post anyway? This whole argument took place -what - almost a month ago? And you being so opinionated had to respond to it now? And I being equally opinionated had to respond to your response as well? I know what you're doing. I'm on to you. Shame, Metadigital. Shame on you.

Welcome back, by the way.

Edited by Mothman