• Kashyyyk
    • Manaan
    • Korriban
    • Rakata Prime
    • Telos
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Dxun/Onderon
    • Malachor

as much as I hate it, I have to choose Mannan...

Deadly_Nightshade

...And the Selkoth are great! (w00t)

....I know ya hate it, but it's great :ph34r:

Are you crazy?

I got the Fishy Feast Mod to take care of the most annoying...

Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Deadly_Nightshade

:wub:

Manaan was not that visually stunning. The only good thing about Manaan is teh fishsticks you can get. :-

The views are nice...

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Never cared for Manaan. I prefer a forested or jungle planet than one made up water.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Deadly_Nightshade

;)

Manaan was not that visually stunning. The only good thing about Manaan is teh fishsticks you can get. o:)

The views are nice...

Deadly_Nightshade

VERY nice. :rolleyes:

I think all Planets are a piece of Art in a way, the designers made a good job, and what planet you most like is only your taste-s choice. :)

IB1OsQq.png

Handier than calling it "Unknown Planet" as I generally tend to.

I think that the most visually impressive world is...wait for it...

Nar Shadaa.

No, I haven't been chewing spice.

Nar Shadaa give character to the whole of K2. Its oppressiveness makes you feel as if it's going to crush you alive. The claustrophobia and sheer patheticness of the whole place perfectly captures the mood that the run-down, delapidated moon has throughout comics and other media in which it has featured.

Close second is "Rakata Prime". That looks good, but Nar Shadaa "feels" right.

Quick question: How did that droid patrolling outside of Dreshdae survive when all else died, including any other robot?

Maybe it's Trask Ulgo come to make sure the Exile is following Revan or something... or, maybe he's spying on the Exile for Nihilus... That would explain his very different appearance, no?

:p

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

I loved Kashyyk, Rakata Prime, and Dxun, because after all the cities and the deserts, they felt restful. But I still voted Manaan. Even though I don't like being there.

Manaan incorporates the 'open air and sea' feeling into a city; and on its surface, it's a beautiful and peaceful place. The rotten fish had a good thing going. But what makes it interesting is the undercurrent of political feeling and plain old ugly human behavior. It just seems to be a statement on the 'contribution' of the human race in general.

Oh, and I like the swoop track. (Still hate the fish).

Well, guess what:

4 thousand years after Kotor, the Empire comes to Manaan to find a race of fish people living on scattered islands and in deep-sea caves. Apparently, after Kolto went bye-bye (either in Kotor I, or perhaps later, when Bacta became more easily and cheaply produced), the Selkath dove back under water. 4 thousand years is a lot of time, so crap could have built up to form islands.

When the Empire comes in, they force the Selkath onto little huts on stilts, enslaving them. But, the Selkath fight back: The Order of Shasa, whose founder was trained either by the Sith or by the Jedi, and who also care deeply about the welfare of the Selkath (and little else, I suppose) starts fighting back.

I got all this stuff from some Wizards thingy... It made me all tingly. :blink:

Geekified Star Wars Geek

Heart of the Force, Arm of the Force

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes!"

-Obi-wan to Anakin (NOT advocating Grey-Jedidom)

"The Force doesn't control people, Kreia controls people."

• 3 months later...
P.S. Does anybody have a pic of the Ebon Hawk on Rakata prime with the beautiful scenery in behind?

You mean this?

Does anyone know what the huge structure in the backround in the top- left is?

Pain is all mankind is sure to experience.

Somewhere this is a person, who has suffered a thousand planets' pain. Who has suffered pain that would kill a mortal, and still keeps fighting on. The one who reduces our suffering by taking the brunt of it. He is our true saviour.

He is the son of thunder and consolation.

I got to Dxun fairly late in my first playthrough and that was a breath of fresh air, really: I still think that it's the best designed environment of the series, and clearly the planet on which the dev.s spent most effort.

Onderon, was like a deserted shopping mall. Korriban in K2 was a joke. So was Dantooine----so dull. Telos wasn't too bad with the variety it offered; but by and large the environments of K1 put K2 to shame.

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

P.S. Does anybody have a pic of the Ebon Hawk on Rakata prime with the beautiful scenery in behind?

You mean this?

Looks like wreckage of a huge ship to me, maybe a republic super star destroyer cruiser?

Edited by aerowars617

Dantooine, very green and pleasant. Koriban and the big valley would come a close second though. Both were designed by Bioware, but hopefully Obsidian will have found its feet come NWN2.

I think the Star Forge would have been too close to the sun to be visible from the Rakata home world.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Looks like wreckage of a huge ship to me, maybe a republic super star destroyer cruiser?

He means the thing on the left, not the ship which is on the right side.

I'm not sure what it is either. Is that 'the' Star Forge?