• Manaan
    • Korriban
    • Rakata Prime
    • Telos
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Dxun/Onderon
    • Malachor

Dxun. I like rain and grass.

Beaches are nice, but I see them too often. Old hat.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

how can you not love the peacefull, calm, beautifull scenery of dantooine? (K1)

the plains that strech into the sunset... the oncomming clouds the sound of the trainquil water as you pass the river... the long grass that you pass. the beautiful calm music :thumbsup:

post-14976-1134542910_thumb.jpg

how can you not love the peacefull, calm, beautifull scenery of dantooine? (K1)

the plains that strech into the sunset... the oncomming clouds the sound of the trainquil water as you pass the river... the long grass that you pass. the beautiful calm music :thumbsup:

I agree with all that except Taris is peaceful and visually impressive (and also has it's own great peaceful music). Now where's that "Peaceful Music" thread I created months ago .... :ermm:

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

I think the K1 planets look better (and are better in my opinion overall). The epic views, the kind of real feel-the planets actually look awesome. The vat Tatooine deserts, the Taris city, the Wroshyr trees of kashyyyk, all Manaan's water, the Valley of the Dark Lords is better for me in K1, Dantooine is better for me, the Star Forge nad Leviathan and Rakata Prime.......it's so much more visual, alive, so great than inn K2-the cramped planets, everywhere so dead, nothing..... just not near as good visually (and less fun for me).

music helps this as well... the music affects how you feel

maybe kotor1's planets where better because it was the first time you experienced something like kotor

kotor2 needed more planets cos the levels where too small... like in nar shadaa you couldnt explore that much and how korriban and dantooine were shown again.. it was nesicary but wasnt as good as it was first time round

I can't pick one. Most of the planets had something going for them. I liked the city on Manaan, the huge trees and wookie village in Kashyyyk, the view from right in front of the sith academy on Korriban (K1), the massive city on Taris and the overall peaceful feel of Dantooine. They all had their places that just seemed really impressive to me on a graphical level.

There was something about the planets in K2 that just didn't give me the same sense of wonder. There really wasn't any memorable places to just stop and admire the view except for perhaps the spot on Korriban right behind where you land and wandering through Iziz. It had a couple spots, but not every planet had the same impact on me as they did in KotOR1.

maybe kotor1's planets where better because it was the first time you experienced something like kotor

I played K2 first (dont ask), and I still think the K1 planets are a class apart both visually and more enjoyably. K2 just didnt have some invisible factor that made the planets so awesome.

i liked most of the worlds except Dxun and Nar Shaddaa because they are just not very good. i liked Dantooine and Kasshyyk and Rakata Prime and the Telosian Restoration Zone because they looked very natural and peacful. i like Taris, Telos Citadel Station and Manaan because they were like cities. i liked Korriban in K1 and K2 because it was like ancient Egypt and it was a Sith planet i love the Sith and Malachor because it had like an evil presence and and the way the planet looks.

Edited by KOTORLover

• 1 month later...

look at these screenies, i took one outside the jedi enclave ( in k1 and then k2) look at the difference, dantooine seemed to lose the plains and sun, and replaced with mountains :blink: (the first one with the sunset is dantooine k1)

post-14976-1140004118_thumb.jpg post-14976-1140004740_thumb.jpg

Blame Malak :blink:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Kotor 2 being a darker game had the enviroment reflect this I would assume.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Taris, Dantooine and the Rakata Prime were the most impressive from K1.

From K2 the most visually impressive world is Dxun. Peragus was wel made too.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]