KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Now, most games work like this to some degree or another, but we most often see the open field in RTS and the open missions in MMORPG.  Of course, most MMO do NOT offer changing NPC missions depending on game state and NPC role/situation in the game state.

After SWG combat rewamp, that made SWG into everquest2 in space, I get a serious urge to barf up my lunch when someone names SW in same sentence as MMORPG. :huh::rolleyes:

Edited by Spook

No, I want more open char costumisabe too, but i have post this (and all other ideas too) in may already, so i just don't wanna write them again <_<

and i truly HOPE that obsidian DOES READ OLDER IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS TOO >_<

:p

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

No, I want more open char costumisabe too, but i have post this (and all other ideas too) in may already, so i just don't wanna write them again <_<

and i truly HOPE  that obsidian DOES READ OLDER IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS TOO  :p

:huh:

Why would they read it? I have yet to see a Dev read these threads.

True, devs never read these. EVER.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

I'm surprised this hasn't been locked yet as well, it's getting kinda long.

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

Hardly ever see a dev post now, they seem to have deserted us.

Perhaps in favour of the Bio boards. :angry:

Edited by sucky

I think the Devs are busy doing work, finsihing up NWN2 and working on PNJ.

Tis the most likely reason as to why they have deserted us in recent times

of course the Devs have a real life and family to take care of etc wives, daughters, sons, new born babies.

They do? :):)

What's this you speak of? "A real life?" :lol::p"

Seriously though, with the amount of offtopic discussion that goes in here, I wonder if anyone would have the patience to wade through 66 pages of ideas/debate/aruging/stuff.

On another topic, if you want MP starwars, you've got SWGs. Leave Kotor out of it, if you please.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

of course the Devs have a real life and family to take care of etc wives, daughters, sons, new born babies.

They do? :):o

What's this you speak of? "A real life?" :ermm::-"

Seriously though, with the amount of offtopic discussion that goes in here, I wonder if anyone would have the patience to wade through 66 pages of ideas/debate/aruging/stuff.

On another topic, if you want MP starwars, you've got SWGs. Leave Kotor out of it, if you please.

:lol::p:)

Did ya play SWG after nov 15?

OR before that? :huh:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Thats a lie and you know it is. :D

SWG would be good to, IF they would move on in time, out of game more years r gone than in middle of episode 4-5 ,they just should MOVE ON  <_<

(But KOTOR timed MMORPG is something what i already suggested  :D )

I don't think there is any hope for it. The time and place... It's already been set and the story has already been told.

Man, if they would have set it up in a Universe a billion years in the future and made it NOT FOLLOW CANNON... It could have been something wonderful. Typical LA though, has to screw up everything with it's stupid timelines.

out of curiosity, am i the only one that hates how the att points are distributed in the char gen mode i mean when you customize character
What, exactly do you "hate" about it?

While it's not a perfect approximation of the d20 PnP means of determining stats, I think it works fine.

In the d20 PnP, PC stats are determined by rolling 4d6 and discarding the lowest - this works out to an average roll of 12.24, with the majority of rolls being between 11 and 15. The "bell curve" for that system works out to approximately:

3-7: 5.7%

8: 4.8%

9: 7.0%

10: 9.4%

11: 11.4%

12: 12.9% <-median

13: 13.3%

14: 12.3%

15: 10.1%

16: 7.3%

17: 4.1%

18: 1.6%

(I know this adds up to 99.9% - rounding error somewhere)

In KOTOR, you begin with minimum stats of 8, and have 30 points to allocate. Your average score should be 13, if you don't try to "max out" one or more scores. (Point cost for increases at character generation: 8-0, 9-1, 10-2, 11-3, 12-4, 13-5, 14-6, 15-8, 16-10, 17-13, 18-16.)

With a stat increase gained every four levels, 30+ levels gained over the course of the game (increasing VP, To Hit, Armor (for Jedi), and damage (for some classes)), and a ridiculous amount of equipment that increases your stats, your starting stats are not really that significant, except for INT (which determines available skill points).

While I'm sure it's a bit more difficult to complete the lower levels with 8 STR, DEX, and CON, and max points applied to CHA, INT, and WIS - you would also suffer later for maxing out CHA, INT, and WIS.

Unfortunately, especially at higher levels, both K1 and K2 focus almost exclusively on combat - either lightsaber or force-power spamming - so "min-maxing" (AKA "munchkin gaming") is almost encouraged.

The best bet is not to try to figure out "how powerful can I make my character" and to actually ROLE PLAY and decide what type of person would become a Jedi - the strongest, with below average wits? ... the quickest, but with the personality of a wet wookie? ... probably someone who was a little above average in all traits, but did not rely on only one to solve all his problems ...

"Hate" is a strong word ... what, exactly do you "hate" about it, and what would you change?

And they probably got bills, mother-in-laws and medical bills to worry about too. :D

Lies, all of it is lies they exist too create games for us and speak to us on the forums they don't have real lives. Methinks devs are all robots. :ph34r:

:thumbsup:;):)

Did ya play SWG after nov 15?

OR before that? :huh:

SWG is a bad MMORPG all around.

KOTOR Galaxy would make indeal MMORPG universe, because everything is not set in stone already.

^

And they probably got bills, mother-in-laws and medical bills to worry about too. :D

And holocrons to recover from krypt dragon's lairs too?

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Guest The Architect

Okay, I've emailed my KOTOR III Story to Obsidian. It's highly unlikely that they will read it but I sent it for the hell of it. By the way, regarding my story (you can only make sense of what I'm saying if you've read my story) I have another idea regarding party members.

Just say if you set Revan as LS Jolee Bindo will be alive right? Well how about this, you know when I mentioned your character had a friend that would help you get off Exocron, how about that friend is Jolee Bindo (If you set Revan as LS). It makes sense since Jolee could have been hiding in KOTOR II from the Sith and his best bet was to go to Exocron which is way out in the Outer Rim. Now Jolee could become a party member, he wouldn't be all powerful and all to begin with because his now very very old and would've become even weaker than what he was during KOTOR. And if this question has popped up in your head, Jolee's a force-user, why wouldn't he train you since your a force-sensitive? The answer is that Jolee didn't want to train you because he's a gray and he knew he would have endangered himself and the planet if you've got two force-sensitives on one planet (It wouldn't be hard for the Sith to find him then would ti?) Besides, he doesn't want to get involved in Jedi affairs and all that. He knew that you were a force-sensitive but didn't tell you because he knew that you would constantly nag him to train you if you found out. By the way you never knew that your parents were going to give you over to the Jedi Order etc ...because your nasty aunty and uncle never told you. Like I said, you can't read this post if you haven't read my story ideas I preiously posted because none of this will make much sense.

Edited by The Architect