KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

I think you misunderstan what I ment to say.

I ment that there should be a feat that make you better at using starships, not like in the PnP game many feats. There should also be better feats for this that you could take later on, like most improved/master feats.

I did not imply that we should have all those different feats that are in the PnP game for subcategories.

Ah... but even in that case, you'd still have to use your ship more in order for the feat to be effective - otherwise its just a waste of space. They'd also have to upgrade/alter/improved the mini-games, like the turret one, or again, the feat would be pointless.

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

I agree, for such a feat to be interesting there need to be more spacefighting and more interesting ships. The ability to upgrade the ships would make that more interesting as well.

There should of course always be the option for those that don't like mini games to avoid that. But if you gained experience from space combat more might want to do that.

Not quite sure I understand what you mean there, but what I ment was that you could get a limited exp for each ship you shoot down. The amount is dependent on the amount of punishment the ship can take before it brakes up.

Personaly I would have prefered that the space combat was more like the rest of the game where you pick out your target and abilities of character determine if you hit and what damage you do, but I guess my opinion in that department don't count for much. :p

Not quite sure I understand  what you mean there, but what I ment was that you could get a limited exp for each ship you shoot down. The amount is dependent on the amount of punishment the ship can take before it brakes up.

Personaly I would have prefered that the space combat was more like the rest of the game where you pick out your target and abilities of character determine if you hit and what damage you do, but I guess my opinion in that department don't count for much. :wub:

ok i shall clarify

in KOTOR II, turret game, if you let everybody pass, you had to kill 25 sith off of your ship (however this way you get exp)

better?

p.s., your opinions DO count for something, i mean, heck i agree

Edited by Skywalker

Not quite sure I understand  what you mean there, but what I ment was that you could get a limited exp for each ship you shoot down. The amount is dependent on the amount of punishment the ship can take before it brakes up.

Personaly I would have prefered that the space combat was more like the rest of the game where you pick out your target and abilities of character determine if you hit and what damage you do, but I guess my opinion in that department don't count for much. :wub:

ok i shall clarify

in KOTOR II, turret game, if you let everybody pass, you had to kill 25 sith off of your ship (however this way you get exp)

better?

p.s., your opinions DO count for something, i mean, heck i agree

instant freeze when you do that.

instant freeze when you do that.

I don't recall getting experience for the ships shot down with the turret.

Also, Never had the game freeze when I let all the troopers on board.

Finally, you get 2000 XP for killing all the troopers with the turret, and less if you don't kill all of them (1000 XP, I think if you kill most of them). I don't know how much XP each one you kill onboard the Hawk is worth, though - and it's not worth the time or trouble, in my opinion to determine the "optimum" number of troopers to kill with the turret vs. letting them board. The experience difference can't be that great. You can get some loot from those you kill on the Hawk, though (but never anything really useful).

- shifting gears -

All this talk about the turret mini-game reminds me that I'm really itching for a great starfighter combat simulator. I wish I could find an old copy of the X-Wing series. All the space simulators nowadays seem to focus on fleet-level combat more than dogfighting. I used to love playing Wing Commander, X-Wing, etc. The only game I've found in recent years that comes close in that genre is Freelancer (which I still play occasionally) - but I'd love to see an "X-Wing" upgrade for current systems.

Does anyone know of anything that comes close that's on the shelves today? I don't care much about the story - I want to blast other starfighters into itty bitty pieces in glorius 3d sound with kickass video using relatively simple controls (I don't want to be forced to buy and 18-button joystick to enjoy the game).

BTW - I also don't want a console - I spend too much time (and money) on my PC as it is.

Edited by SamuraiGaijin

If just one ship in-game than it should be

just ONE ship: Ebon Hawk

If more allowed, maybe a capital ship as homestation? With personel on board? And with

Ebon Hawk docked in it?

And have extra options to improve it, maybe re-paint it

(thing of a black-silver/red for dark side, or white-blue/orange for light side)

Have the same options by droids, and the possibility to reprogramm the AI core of them

(evil astromech, good assassin droid, battle astromech, HK protocoll droid, force-powered astromech droid, dark side HK...)

maybe have option to change droid AI core to other shell (astromech droid AI in protocoll/battle/assassin/... droid shell)

Have possibility to costumise armors/weapons/clothes color and looks too

Bring back if player was in KOTOR1 LS Mission :D I like that girl :-"

:p

IB1OsQq.png

If just one ship in-game than it should be

just ONE ship: Ebon Hawk

If more allowed, maybe a capital ship as homestation? With personel on board? And with 

Ebon Hawk docked in it?

And have extra options to improve it, maybe re-paint it

(thing of a black-silver/red for dark side, or white-blue/orange for light side)

Have the same options by droids, and the possibility to reprogramm the AI core of them

(evil astromech, good assassin droid, battle astromech, HK protocoll droid, force-powered astromech droid, dark side HK...)

Just to save time they could just let Ebon Hawk be fixed up by whatever side you ally with, so if you go LS and ally with a nice group you end up with a silver and white/blue ship but if you as DS ally with the Sith you have a red and black ship.

The appearance of the Droids could be changed the same way.

As for the droids there should be the option to reprogram them to change evil/good of the droid. And the droid should then act with the new settings (should only be three settings: LS/DS/Neutral).

More better alignment choices:

chaotic good/neutral/evil ,

lawful good/neutral/evil,

neutral good/neutral/evil

like in D&D , but this has just effect on the speech and 'soul' of the droids, nothing else, just to have fun :-

I think now is

HK-47 : Lawful Evil (couse he obey orders from 'master') :p

T3-M4 : True Neutral (neutral/neutral, 'couse he is at game beginning in middle of

LS-DS o-meter, but he is more easier to change alignment) :)

IB1OsQq.png

I don't think we need more alignment in KotOR. KotOR is based on StarWars and the simplistic view od good and evil. That is a bit of the charm of SW, how clearcut everything is. You are either good, evil, or have not desided what side to join. There is no subcategories of evil, once you are evil you are simply evil.

The Law/Chaos fits more into the Elric saga of fantacy where that is the main fight. Good and evil there have no consequence since they are morality of the living while the Powers to Be there is either order or chaos. You have the creativity and entropy of chaos vs. the stability and stagnation of order, and normal life only fits in somewhere in between.

No, law (order) and anarchy (chaos) is a setting that has no real place in SW. <_<

Edited by Spook

Reprogramming droids is quiet a good idea. We all know about the pacifist package for HK-47, more of these packages is a good idea.

I do however encourage that we do not want more droids in our party then HK-47 and T3-M4. I have never seen anyone who liked Goto, he was quiet useless and not interesting.

As for the party members, I think the Kotor I party members were much more diverse then in Kotor II. We should have it back.

Master Vandar lives!

you misunderstood me, LS and DS is enough, but i want to have more 'droid acting styles' so i just have offered D&D as an example of it (KOTOR is based on it, so I think they understand what i wanna say with it)

Sorry if you can't 'guess' what I want to say, english is foraign to me :-:):p

IB1OsQq.png

you misunderstood me, LS and DS is enough, but i want to have more 'droid acting styles' so i just have offered D&D as an example of it (KOTOR is based on it, so I think they understand what i wanna say with it)

Sorry if you can't 'guess' what I want to say, english is foraign to me  :-  :)  :p

I fully understand that writing/reading something in a language that is not the native one can make misunderstanding quite possible. After all english is not my native language either. :p

hey ive got an idea for kotor III

how bout the first half of the game you play as the exile :D

and the second half you play as revan :D

because for the first half the exile would be looking for revan and you find him somewhere in an unknown ancient sith ruins planet or something :D

ok ok i know its crap :)

anyway at the end there would have to be some 3000 year galactic war and when it had finished the galaxy would have to spend 1000 years trying to repair its self

and that would be the answer to why in kotor the technology is the same as it is in the movies.its just the ships are of different design

Edited by electronic pest

how bout the first half of the game you play as the exile  :D

and the second half you play as revan  :D

because for the first half the exile would be looking for revan and you find him somewhere in an unknown ancient sith ruins planet or something  :D

ok ok i know its crap  :(

>_< First, play the exile. In the Unknown regions are no food stores so Exile gets hungry. Revan finds his food by eating Kathhounds, True Sith flesh etc.

Exile finds Revan but is very hungry, manage to say: Ffffffooooooooodddddddddd!.

Revan kills Exile and becomes the new player character.

anyway at the end there would have to be some 3000 year galactic war and when it had finished the galaxy would have to spend 1000 years trying to repair its self

and that would be the answer to why in kotor the technology is the same as it is in the movies.its just the ships are of different design

;) Would take about Ten years to finish the game.

Uhmm, 99999999999 Gb of Hard disk space. A Pentium 1000 processor with 99999999999 GHz speed etc. etc. etc. for a 3000 year galactic war.

Well, it was your first post, and forgive me, hopefully your dumbest post.

Master Vandar lives!

meaning he can't go anywhere but up

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

because for the first half the exile would be looking for revan and you find him somewhere in an unknown ancient sith ruins planet or something  :D

ok ok i know its crap  :wub:

:p First, play the exile. In the Unknown regions are no food stores so Exile gets hungry. Revan finds his food by eating Kathhounds, True Sith flesh etc.

Exile finds Revan but is very hungry, manage to say: Ffffffooooooooodddddddddd!.

Revan kills Exile and becomes the new player character.

:wub: Would take about Ten years to finish the game.

Uhmm, 99999999999 Gb of Hard disk space. A Pentium 1000 processor with 99999999999 GHz speed etc. etc. etc. for a 3000 year galactic war.

Well, it was your first post, and forgive me, hopefully your dumbest post.

Or it would be: StarWars civilization, The Sit War and the Restoration.

Avilable and able to run on any avilable Pentium 4 computer.:wub:

I think we have a Lead Designer for the new K3 game right here.

I think we have a Lead Designer for the new K3 game right here.

:rolleyes:

ive gots this really Sveetish aWeSome rOXorz iDea! So you are running around like this little kid that you are cuz it is a little kid that you ARre and then you seE rRevan and HEsSHe's all like "WHOa! GET OUt of my Way kiD!" and you can sAy lightside oR DS stuff and then you go to the follow the revan and then you see revan is dealing with SHaDy charActers asnd you have to inTerveriEW them! that is all i have gotted for nowzers but if you guys liKEd thatstuff theres A HecK of A LOt more where thaT came frRomM

/typical K3 idea post