KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Guest The Architect

Okay hawk, I'm going to answer your questions.

I think it is quiet a bit difficult to either start as a Jedi or as a Sith being one of the most promising students. Is your alignment at the start completely neutral, like in Kotor I and II or are you 10% light or dark depending on Revan's alignment?

Your alignment is completely neutral because you see at the beginning of my vision of KOTOR III the Ancient Sith Empire are sending small assault factions to attack worlds in the Outer Rim, thus their invasion of the Republic is beginning. And you end up being on one of the planets that the Ancient Sith Empire is attacking. Your uncle and aunty are killed, and you and your friend/companion (new party member) helps you try and fight your way out of trouble, steal a ship and escape the planet that is being attacked and then you decide to go to Korriban/Dantooine (depending on Revan's alignment) and the reason you choose to go to this planet is because of one person who is on Korriban/Dantooine and that is Bastila Shan who you knew long ago but I'll explain more on that in a minute. The reason why you seek out Bastila is because you knew her well when you were children (you used to live on Talvarin). And since you no longer have any living relative left since they've been killed or died of old age and you know about Bastila being a Jedi Master/Sith Lord, you go to her for help, and training.

Now anyway, you start off as neutral, your not a Jedi or a Sith yet, you see your character is born on the world of Talvarin and as a child you knew Bastila Shan rather well before she was given over to the Jedi Order. (No your not related to her at all). And if your wondering then if your character is a force sensitive then why weren't you given over to the Jedi Order the answer is shortly before Bastila went over to the Jedi Order your parents died and they were originally planning to hand you over to the Jedi Order since you were a force-sensitive however since they died you ended up being given over to your uncle and aunty who lived far away from the Republic so the Jedi Order ddidn't know about you. And by the way, your uncle and aunty neglected you because they hate force sensitives and all that. I hope that answers your question.

Also, is this New Jedi Academy / New Sith Academy in the same place, what planets do you suggest for the academy('s)?

Yes, they are in the same place for the sake of continuity. If you said Revan was light, then the academy is on Dantooine and if you said Revan was dark then the academy is on Korriban.

I also would be delighted if I had a Lightsaber from the start. Is this the case?

Blue, Yellow, Green or Red coloured off course.

No. You will get your lightsaber on the second planet you visit which is either Korriban or Dantooine depending on Revan's alignment. And you can choose the colour of the crystal want, howerver, the colours you get to choose from are different depending on which planet you go to which depends on Revan's alignment.

Also, how would Bastila (as a Sith) convince Admiral Cede or Queen Talya to work with her? If the new Sith threat didn't reveal itself yet.

Because if they don't unite they will fall, simple. And you see, T3-M4 returns from the unknown regions because he has a message for Bastila concerning the Exile, Revan and the Ancient Sith Empire. Bastila uses T3-'s message as evidence to support the existense of such an Empire so they unite to prevent it from destroying them all.

no one is suggesting that you not be allowed to play a Jedi....if LA did that (to this franchise, anyway) then it would be a really dumb move on their part....yes, this is a Jedi-focused franchise and it always will be. The Judge and I are coming from slightly different angles here: he would like to play a non-Jedi and have the PC win the game in a non-Jedi endgame. while I appreciate that, I also think it unrealistic.

my "compromise" solution is to have everyone playing the Jedi endgame but having some say in when you become a Jedi. Those who want to start off as Force Adept (Jedi is actually a faction and should not be the name of your class) can do so....most people will....I will on my first 3 playthroughs. The Force Adept is the only starting class that can take a Jedi or Sith Prestige Class, so they are certainly not missing out on anything.

Now, as to the argument that making it playable for non-Force-wielders would make it too easy for the Jedi and Sith PCs, hey that is where we are now...the AI is probably the biggest reason but the games are easy in that sense....but, even so, if you can have your PC carrying around a flame thrower or a missle launcher, hey, I don't know but I think there is something to said for that. or having an Engineer who can set up sentry guns and have your scoundrel party member bait the enemy into a trap and then your PC presses a button and activates the sentry guns blowing away about 10 Sith because of a well-executed trap...that is the kind of stuff we could really use, IMO. That is role-playing.

I'm afraid Kotor is based on Jedi, or it wouldn't be KOTOR without playing a Jedi. So we're going to get Jedi no matter what. If we were suddenly playing Jedi in Kotor 1 and 2 ten are suddenly banged with playing a non-Jedi in Kotor III it would be certianly weird.

Bloody hell, are you even reading my posts?!?!?

Not once did I say that the game shouldn't let you play a Force user. Not once did I say that Force users should be banned as a character creation option. Not to sound cruel but your understanding of what is being posted here is very subpar.

And no I don't want to play Republic Commando or some shat like that. I want to play a Star Wars CRPG that allows you to role play a character of one's own make. Again, do you understand what I am posting. DO YOU?!?!? If not, don't respond.

Edited by Judge Hades

I'm afraid Kotor is based on Jedi, or it wouldn't be KOTOR without playing a Jedi. So we're going to get Jedi no matter what. If we were suddenly playing Jedi in Kotor 1 and 2 ten are suddenly banged with playing a non-Jedi in Kotor III it would be certianly weird.

Bloody hell, are you even reading my posts?!?!?

Not once did I say that the game shouldn't let you play a Force user. Not once did I say that Force users should be banned as a character creation option. Not to sound cruel but your understanding of what is being posted here is very subpar.

And no I don't want to play Republic Commando or some shat like that. I want to play a Star Wars CRPG that allows you to role play a character of one's own make. Again, do you understand what I am posting. DO YOU?!?!? If not, don't respond.

Hey chill man, you do not have to get on your high horses, pal. :wub:

No it wasn't directly at you, Mr Hades. but I was just saying that Republic Commando was a non-Jedi game, and since you said you liked played non-Jedi games? (If I am wrong please re-correct me) I thought you might of liked Republic commando.

i've never used this before. Just for you: :wub:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Then why bring it up?

We are here to discuss KotOR 3, a Star Wars CRPG. One key thing in a CRPG is about choice and giving the player the ability to have a large amount of choices in character creation build, may they be Force users or not, will increase the game's replayability and effect its challenge level a far greater degree. After all it would take a lot for a scoundrel to take out a Sith Lord in one on one combat than a Jedi Guardian doing the same.

Well, then here I go again Mr. Judge Hades.

How different is it playing a scoundrel / scout from a Jedi Sentinel armed with blasters, equipped with an armor (should you not like the option to use any force power) and you select force powers which are restricted by Armor? There are more then enough.

Master Vandar lives!

Also, how would Bastila (as a Sith) convince Admiral Cede or Queen Talya to work with her? If the new Sith threat didn't reveal itself yet.

Because if they don't unite they will fall, simple. And you see, T3-M4 returns from the unknown regions because he has a message for Bastila concerning the Exile, Revan and the Ancient Sith Empire. Bastila uses T3-'s message as evidence to support the existense of such an Empire so they unite to prevent it from destroying them all.

So basically you could also fight alongside Sith troopers as a Jedi. Well, that is one thing I would certainly like to see in Kotor III.

I guess Bastila becomes one of your party members and will probably be your master, right?

Now, we could play Kotor I to see how she reacts when you follow the Dark path as Revan. But you could now I figure follow the Light path while she is a Sith, right?

What results does this have. Would you have an influence system, are you going to loose influence when Bastila is Sith and you are more and more becoming a Jedi. Or could you influence her to become a LS Jedi again?

Maybe we could move a bit further on. How does Revan and the Exile come back in your proposed storyline?

Which planets are in the game?

NPC's?

I guess we have returning characters: Bastila, T3-M4, HK-47, Canderous in any case and a lot of optionals.

Perhaps all the characters from Kotor II could make some appearance except for GO-TO. Mira, Hanharr and Visas are also somewhat difficult.

Master Vandar lives!