KotoR 3: Ideas and Suggestions

Uh oh, you shouldn't have written that. :p

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Anything a jobless iowan ex-quickmart worker might do will most definetly not affect the universe in any significant way. But it might affect other people. I wouldn't make myself an ass in front of everyone if I had plans for creating modding communities or were making campaigns against LucasArts.

Not to mention over that having over 9000 posts sorta assumes that you have even a meager grasp of net-etiquette. Writing that you don't care about people's opinions shows that you don't have it.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

There is no need for a campaign against LA. Its not like it would change anything they will do. As for modding I made 2 mods and that is just about it and there are people who made better versions than what I did so that is pretty much irrelevant as well. Listen Mussy, I just don't have any real reason to care. Both on the net or in real life.

as far as I can tell from previous dev posts and interviews, Obsidian has never flatly denied any involvement in K3....they have, IMO, pretty much stated that PNJ is not KOTOR 3 but they have not flatly denied working on a 4th title.

also, K2 was a cliffhanger....chances are that the story for K3 was already written with K2 being the first half....

so, there we have it:

* Musical score: probably quite similar....may already be in the can.

* Story: already exists on paper

* Engine: a few tweaks to the NWNs2 engine and there you go.

if that view is correct, then all that remains is the map building (which is, admittedly, the most labor-intensive part). They may have people working on that already....not a big team but an advance team....the NWNs2 team could then move over to that project sometime next year.

Hi guys,

I'd just like to interject here a minute and bring to everyone's attention a recent article in the official Xbox360 magazine. The article is predicting with some degree of certainty that Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic III will be released late 2006.

There are some scans floating around the net. The links to them are below.

Here and

Here

The scans were provided by someone on the game banshee forums recently, if this has already been posted here I do apologise, I had checked but perhaps not thoroughly enough?

Anyway, what do you all make of it? Its quite intriguing however I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

If Obsidian's fourth game is kotOR 3 then I will lose a bit of respect for them.  After how LA treated them with KotOR 2 I would never do business with that publisher again.

As long as there aren't obvious elements of LA pushing them around like in KOTOR 2.

I honestly wouldn't want anyone to handle the story OE set into motion... I really enjoyed KOTOR 2, despite it flaws.

If Obsidian's fourth game is kotOR 3 then I will lose a bit of respect for them.

I'm sure they'll all have trouble sleeping because of that.

+1

KotOR 2 sold atleast 1 million copies worldwide. A great carrot for LA and Obsidian.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

And tell me how well the game was supported afterwards? One patch and one media patch. OH BOY! STOP THE PRESSES! WOOOOOOOOOOOOW! :blink:

Obsidian wanted to patch the game more but LA said no. They didn't want to spend the money to suport the game after its release which it so desperately needs. LA basically sabotaged, either due to greed or stupidity, there own game. If this is the future of KotOR then we are better off not having another one and Obsidian would be smart not do business with a publisher like that.

How has it done so far compared to K1?

There was a quote somewhere in a Gamebiz article about the Xbox version of KotOR II has sold atleast 1 million. While i do not have the sales figures of of the PC version of KotOR II, i do know that KotOR I sold atleast 2.5 million worldwide(both versions), because Bioware told me so.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'm sure they'll all have trouble sleeping because of that.

If they do or don't that is their problem not mine. My problem is them wasting the time in making another game that will get next to nil support by a publisher that doesn't give a shat. I won't spend on release money on a game that gets the shaft like KotOR 2. It be bargin bin hunting like I did with Bloodlines. Obsidian won't be making any money that way.

How has it done so far compared to K1?

There was a quote somewhere in a Gamebiz article about the Xbox version of KotOR II has sold atleast 1 million. While i do not have the sales figures of of the PC version of KotOR II, i do know that KotOR I sold atleast 2.5 million worldwide(both versions), because Bioware told me so.

According to what I heard, vast majority of K2 sales were for X-Box, about 70% I believe. Mind you, this is what a dev told us a while back. And no, I can't remember when or who said it. Might have been J.E. Sawyer, but I don't know.

Edited by Mothman

Just talking theoretically, it seems most of the rumors are aiming towards the end 2006 but for what it looks like Xbox 360. So would that mean it is going to use the same engine? Cause thats not really going to push the Xbox 360 to its limits to no extent. Sort of a waste in terms of the platform but I guess with Xbox 360's line up as of now it certainly needs a "Savior"...

How credible is Xbox magazine on like a scale of 1 to 10?

Edited by foxdez

I have been watching episode 5 Empire Strikes Back and becoming a Jedi was a very hard process where Luke failed on many different occasions. Of course Yoda was his instructor and was very strict but that was the way it had to be.

Becoming a jedi should be more climatic and I personally feel it should be a turning point. K1 was on the right track but they sort of skipped most of the process to where it was allmost just a sidequest. K2 was a sorry excuse for Jedi training (or Sith).

I feel this should be implied if there is any more jedification. I mean it should be difficult to the point where you do fail and learn that way. Trials where the PC must act like a Jedi and not really a hero.

I have been watching episode 5 Empire Strikes Back and becoming a Jedi was a very hard process where Luke failed on many different occasions. Of course Yoda was his instructor and was very strict but that was the way it had to be.

Becoming a jedi should be more climatic and I personally feel it should be a turning point. K1 was on the right track but they sort of skipped most of the process to where it was allmost just a sidequest. K2 was a sorry excuse for Jedi training (or Sith).   

I feel this should be implied if there is any more jedification. I mean it should be difficult to the point where you do fail and learn that way. Trials where the PC must act like a Jedi and not really a hero.

I agree.

Both KOTOR did not show the process well... but then again, both PCs in both those games were Jedi before... So that might be why.

Actually, no Star Wars game has ever done it right.

In Jedi Knight, you just pick up a lightsaber and *bam* you know how to use it. In Jedi Outcast, those trails were a joke... force push this, pull that... speed through this. Same with Jedi Academy.