Never cry wolf

Delta Truth

Just watching the news just now there was a man who claimed he had a bomb after a flight from Columbia and was shot and killed by U.S. air marshals

This shory on cnn has the deals

Cnn airplane

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Federal air marshals shot and killed a man on a boarding bridge at Miami International Airport after he said he had a bomb, two sources familiar with the incident told CNN.

Flight 924 was in Miami on a stopover during a flight from Medellin, Colombia, to Orlando, Florida, when the man said there was a bomb in his carry-on luggage, a Department of Homeland Security official said.

He was confronted by a team of federal air marshals, who pursued the man down the boarding bridge and ordered him to get on the ground, the official said.

When the man appeared to reach into his baggage, at least one shot was fired by the marshals, wounding the man, the official said, adding that marshals' actions were consistent with their training.

Upon investigation, there was no evidence that the man had a bomb, an official said.

This is the first time an air marshal has fired a weapon on or near an airplane, a federal official said.

Footage from the scene shows armed SWAT team members carrying rifles outside the aircraft, along with more than a dozen of police vehicles. Paramedics were standing on the stairway to the aircraft.

The Boeing 757, which can hold about 180 passengers, was due to take off for Orlando at 2:18 p.m. ET. It had arrived in Miami at 12:16 p.m. ET. No other flights at Miami International were disrupted Wednesday, an airport official said

Although no details have been released, its been to common in the past to stay they had a bomb! From the released info ,IMO its his own fault he had his chance to give up peacefully

Yeah, anyone who gives too much trouble to paying customers deserves to be killed.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

We lost another idiot today.

On the otherhand it seem a little strange that they would just shoot him. What if the shots had set off an explosion or he had a deadman's switch like on a thermal detonator. :p

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

On the otherhand it seem a little strange that they would just shoot him. What if the shots had set off an explosion or he had a deadman's switch like on a thermal detonator. :p

Risking that is a little bit better than allowing him to actually get his fingers on a trigger.

Oh, and remember Pearl Harbor.

Edited by Commissar

What does "cry wolf" mean? I've seen it before.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

What does "cry wolf" mean? I've seen it before.

It's from an old story, maybe even a parable. Either way, this little boy lives in a village that for some reason is terrified of wolves. He's out playing one day and decides to shout that he's seen a wolf, so all the villagers show up with pitchforks and whatever to drive the wolf off...only there's no wolf. Kid gets a kick out of it, does the same thing next day, villagers show up again to kill the wolf...and no wolf. So the next day the kid's out, only this time he really does see a wolf. He shouts out that there's a wolf, the villagers have been through this before, and don't bother showing up, and the kid gets eaten.

Thanks, we have kind of same story in our folklore.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Here in the US it's against the law to claim you have any kind of weapon while in an airport, or during a flight. I'm not surprised and the guy who said it deserved to be shot, the marshal was just doing his/her job.

He deserved to be shot...yeah...but not killed. A flesh wound and a long, long hospital stay, coupled with a few massive fines would have sufficed. :p

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

The article I read said, he declared he had a bomb in the suitcase, set it down and walked away. So he wasn

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

EDIT:

To clarify the baggage he was putting his arm into was not the carry on, which had the bomb (supposedly). That bag he left on the plane. (bbc.co.uk/ source)

Remote detonator.

You dont shoot to wound in that situation you want the person dead as fast as possible and with minimum twitching.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

The reasons this man had to claim that he possessed a bomb elude my mind. When they shot him, i am sure they weren't trying to kill him right off (the article said "wounding the man"). and i think they doubted the fact that he had a remote, since he was reaching for his bag.

there is no excuse or good reason for doing what he did. that is too stupid and the marshals responded as their training advised them to.

Edited by Blank

Even lethal wounds don't stop you immediately. Think zombie movie. Destroy the head or sever the brainstem.

Unfortunately it seems from the BBC that the man was known to another passenger as being mentally unstable. So I think this may be a rather sad event where someone chose the wrong moment to indulge their psychotic delusions. :(

Still say the marshals had the right procedure, even so.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Unfortunately it seems from the BBC that the man was known to another passenger as being mentally unstable. So I think this may be a rather sad event where someone chose the wrong moment to indulge their psychotic delusions.  :(

that is very unfortunate if it is true. but even if you are mentally unstable, that is a mighty fine delusion to entertain.

i mean, there are some things that are believable, for example "i saw a gremlin on the wing of the airplane. He's trying to bring us down!" but saying you have a bomb and seeing all the marshals come to you and tell you to stop and then you start taunting them by going for the "bomb"? i don't think so.

Edited by Blank

Key words: Mentally Unstable

Not words one usually associates with common sense.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

:(

Don't you "..." me young man!

- Everlast

that is very unfortunate if it is true. but even if you are mentally unstable, that is a mighty fine delusion to entertain.

No, but he might have been incapable of understanding that it wouldn't be taken as a joke. I've heard a couple of fairly reliable stories of people who'd said they had a bomb in the suitcase at British customs, and got strip-searched or worse for their trouble. That was back in the IRA days, of course, but it was unimaginable then that you'd be shot just for a stupid joke. I wonder if the US is about to embark on the same debate about shoot-to-kill policies that we had after that Brazilian guy was shot in London.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)