Is Feargus Buying anything in the Acclaim "sale"

Wait, what does publishing the rights to a game actually mean? Do they just get the rights to republish the game, or the right to use the name to publish an entirely new game, or what?

I'm just wondering what a Hentai game company would be able to do with the rights to "Mary Kate & Ashley Magical Mystery Mall". :)

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I wonder how much some of those useless rights go for. Like Batman Forever.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I hope Hades or Volourn get here before all the WWF titles are gone

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Why would anyone bid on games that other companies have already continued? (Burnout, Narc, Simpsons)

Wizards and Warriors was a smart pickup.

What if I wanted to kill the other bounty hunters but still have the Twi'leks chase me?

*Sigh*

Fond memories of Re-Volt tournaments... not to mention Bubble Bobble :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wait, what does publishing the rights to a game actually mean?  Do they just get the rights to republish the game, or the right to use the name to publish an entirely new game, or what?

I'm just wondering what a Hentai game company would be able to do with the rights to "Mary Kate & Ashley Magical Mystery Mall".  :(

It depends if its an IP or a franchise. If its an IP then the publishers usually owns EVERYTHING, from the doodles of the koncept artists to the patented "technology X" engine and every idea the designers put on paper during development. ( yes, the dev studio basicly sell their souls to the publisher )

If its a franchise then they own everything except that which is part of the license that they bought which is still the property of Warner Bros. if its a Matrix game and so on

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "