More Revolution Details emerge

Meshugger

If Nintendo decide to sell at a loss (the cube sold at a profit) then there is nothing that MS or Sony can do to match it.

Nintendo could sell the revolution for $49.99 and still lose less money than the other two selling at their actual price point.

The important thing is that they get some high profile stuff out early on. And they follow that up with none of the dry spells that plagued the gamecube.

But if the games designers are upto the task , then the only place you will be able to play those games desinged for the rev will be on the rev. You wont even be able to emulate since the controller is integrel to the system itself.

Which makes me wonder about things like third party controllers and piracy in general..

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

For my own preference, i don't see a reason NOT buy the Revolution if it hits the stands at 129

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Twice as good as Twilight Princess would suit me fine.

DvD is about 3 times what a mini disk has too.

HDTV is probably more impressive to a console owner who's never had a high end PC than it is to me.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"You can basically treat it like a current generation machine," one told us. "The time it'll take to ramp up to developing on this is basically nil - we can just work on a PC or maybe an Xbox, and then improve the quality of our assets when we move to the Revolution. Or even work on a Cube, in fact. The libraries are very similar."

"We could do a game for this in a few months," commented another developer. "Developing games is going to be easy, the challenge is going to be using the controller properly."

The approach mirrors Nintendo's strategy with the DS, which is far less powerful than its rival the PlayStation Portable but offers an innovative interface which has been a hit with gamers and has had major success in the mass market.

Crucially, the low specification will also allow Nintendo to score a victory in terms of pricing; speculation is already rife that the Revolution could enter the marketplace at $149 or even lower, suggesting a sub-GBP 100 price point at a time when the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 still retail for three times that price.

478327[/snapback]

It might be any of the consoles for me. Although, after seeing and playing the Xbox 360 first hand, I'm not that impressed by it anymore. I only played Call of Duty 2, which looked like a slightly smoother version of the game I have on my computer, but with worse controls. So. Not. Worth. $400.

Edit: Call of duty 2

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

By the way, I love this picture (even though it's just an approximate comparison):

xbox360_ps3_nintendo_revolution_size.jpg

I've never played a vertical console....

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

If the revolution comes out at 100 bucks, and I can get Breath of Fire 1&2, Mario RPG, FF4, FF6, Goldeneye, Super Mario Kart, etc. right out of the box, then I'm sold. I'd buy one on launch, I'd probably even be able to buy all the games I missed by not having a Gamecube like Skies of Arcadia, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, etc.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If the revolution comes out at 100 bucks, and I can get Breath of Fire 1&2, Mario RPG, FF4, FF6, Goldeneye, Super Mario Kart, etc. right out of the box, then I'm sold. I'd buy one on launch, I'd probably even be able to buy all the games I missed by not having a Gamecube like Skies of Arcadia, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, etc.

That's a good point.

Gamecube didn't have enough games to keep my attention... but toss in a new set of games, and those oldies we all know and love.

Revolution is starting to sound alright.

Assuming the price isn't remotely close to the Xbox 360/PS3.

The GC had a lot of problems keeping up a steady supply of titles. Most likely I think down to the odd choice of media and it's lack of capacity (something that may well bite MS in the butt a couple of years from now).

Nintendo could do some serious damage to both Sony and MS even if they dont "win" simply by pricing the console so low. Nintendo btw dont sell hardware at a loss like the others do (as a rule) if they did they could probably stick revolutions on the market for

478327[/snapback]

I've never actually seen an XBox360 in real life, but that thing looks fracking huge.  What size is it compared to a PC tower? :(

I dont know how big a PC tower is ;)

It's a shade smaller than the original Xbox as long as you discount the PSU which is the size of a large house brick.

478327[/snapback]

What are you using to post on right now? :huh:

3/4 tower by the looks of it.

I wasnt sure if there was a standard size or not.

I'd guess mine as being 18x5x24 inches (height, breadth, depth). Pretty much every tower I've seen is pretty much the same, due to standardised sizes for CD-ROM drives and motherboards. I'd always assumed the size was standard. :ermm:

Hawk! Eggplant! AWAKEN!

I'd guess mine as being 18x5x24 inches (height, breadth, depth).  Pretty much every tower I've seen is pretty much the same, due to standardised sizes for CD-ROM drives and motherboards.  I'd always assumed the size was standard.  :ermm:

The one I had prior to this one wouldnt fit under the desk :huh: old design which needed a cradle for 3.5 " items.

It's been so long since I've looked at parts and upgrades I have no idea what standard is anymore.

478327[/snapback]