The Religion Thread

Blank

But search your heart. you know you have sinned don't you? haven't you ever done even one of the following: lied? stolen? lusted after a woman? coveted another's possesion? Used the Lord's name in vain?

very hard to believe that you are that rightous. A court won't matter when you are before Jesus in the end. He is the only judge that matters.

As for babies, they are born into sin because of Adam. Adam was an idiot and sinned, but we would've all done the same thing. we already have sinned and we aren't in his position anyway. here is a verse that supports this:

1 corinthians 15:22

"For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive."

Yeah, it seems unfair that we are condemned from birth, but then there is Christ, through whom all can be made alive, so stop complaining and start believing (jk about the last 6 words, but really, why would it be so bad to accept Christ?)

Some people try to make cases for babies who died at an early age saying, "God knows what they would've done in their life" or whatever, but it is not biblically backed up, so i am neutral on the baby salvation subject.

Well Steve may have done those things, but a baby is incapable of any of them.

Which means if your alredy a sinner just by being born dosnt really matter what you do afterwards anyway.

So your ok with a god that chucks newborns into hell because they happened to die before they could be baptised. I'm with Hades on this I'd give such a being a good kick in the jimmies.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Yeah, it seems unfair that we are condemned from birth, but then there is Christ, through whom all can be made alive, so stop complaining and start believing (jk about the last 6 words, but really, why would it be so bad to accept Christ?)

Why would it be so bad to accept Christ like Kevin Smith does, instead of always acting like a depressing bunch on a guilt trip. I'm my own master, but if there was a deity like this one:

buddychrist.jpg

... I might rethink it. But until then, I'll just stick with myself... and sometimes Odin. Odin is hawt. :lol:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Well Steve may have done those things, but a baby is incapable of any of them.

Which means if your alredy a sinner just by being born dosnt really matter what you do afterwards anyway.

So your ok with a god that chucks newborns into hell because they happened to die before they could be baptised. I'm with Hades on this I'd give such a being a good kick in the jimmies.

i don't know exactly what God will do to them. but i edited my post again and said this, "And like you guys have been saying, how could Jesus judge them automatically as total sinners? Doesn't make sense for a gracious God. so i will just leave with the fact that God is gracious and omniscient and will judge the babies accordingly."

edit: and baptism for babies is more of a catholic thing. i don't see how throwing water on a baby will absolve them from their sins in God's eyes :lol: it would have to be a decision they made on their own. and since they can't really make it yet, how do you think a gracious God will judge?

Edited by Blank

But search your heart. you know you have sinned don't you? haven't you ever done even one of the following: lied? stolen? lusted after a woman? coveted another's possesion? Used the Lord's name in vain?

very hard to believe that you are that rightous. A court won't matter when you are before Jesus in the end. He is the only judge that matters.

Lusting after a woman doesn't count, because science has shown that we're all pre-programmed to do that. Using the Lord's name in vain doesn't count, because all authority figures have to put up with satire - it's a key part of free speech, and God should try not to be so precious. As for the other three, isn't it amazing how bad deeds count against you, but good deeds don't count in your favour. How is that fair?

It seems unfair because it's against our instinctive understanding of justice. It seems unfair because it is unfair. You know, I think that even if I believed in Christ, I would refuse to believe in him on principle.

Some people try to make cases for babies who died at an early age saying, "God knows what they would've done in their life" or whatever, but it is not biblically backed up, so i am neutral on the baby salvation subject.

If I ever have a child, you're not baby-sitting.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

What can I say, I'm Scandinavian. Christ never had lotsa love here.

I'm celtic but I'd still have a beer with Odin.

Thats ok, we prolly share some blood from viking raids or something. :">

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

i don't know exactly what God will do to them. but i edited my post again and said this, "And like you guys have been saying, how could Jesus judge them automatically as total sinners? Doesn't make sense for a gracious God. so i will just leave with the fact that God is gracious and omniscient and will judge the babies accordingly."

edit: and baptism for babies is more of a catholic thing. i don't see how throwing water on a baby will absolve them from their sins in God's eyes :lol: it would have to be a decision they made on their own. and since they can't really make it yet, how do you think a gracious God will judge?

You really should stop editing things after the fact it makes it very difficult to follow the coherence of the thread.

CoE are big on baptism and thats about as far from catholosism as you can get since Henry besically told the pope to shove it and made his own state relgion.

But you have contradiced the concept of orginal sin. If they are not judged as sinners, then original sin is a worthless concept is it not ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Lusting after a woman doesn't count, because science has shown that we're all pre-programmed to do that.  Using the Lord's name in vain doesn't count, because all authority figures have to put up with satire - it's a key part of free speech, and God should try not to be so precious.  As for the other three, isn't it amazing how bad deeds count against you, but good deeds don't count in your favour.  How is that fair?

1. lust is in our nature because we have a sinful nature.

2. we are obligated to do good, so it shouldn't count for us. doing a sin does count against us though, because we are obligated not to.

3. i totally edited most of the points you are speaking against as you were making them. sorry.

4. REALLY SORRY. I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO HAVE IT TOTALLY RIGHT BEFORE I POST SO I WILL NOT WRITE ANYTHING I WILL HAVE TO EDIT!!!!

Edited by Blank

Hey, how about some Tor love?

Thor.jpg I carry his hammer (or almost, a minor copy :">) around my neck. :lol:

DENMARK!

We love him so much we named a day after him.

Odin has his own day as well, although its hard to gather when you hear it in English, "Wednesday". ("Onsdag" in Danish)

DENMARK!

Odin has his own day as well, although its hard to gather when you hear it in English, "Wednesday". ("Onsdag" in Danish)

I thought most of them were named after Norse figures?

And the months named after the Roman pantheon.

478327[/snapback]

anyvays. i will leave now. sorry again about my editing. but just look at it like this, you guys are pointing out a fallacy in my belief and i want to make it right.

(Wednesday=Onsdag... interesting)

anyvays. i will leave now. sorry again about my editing. but just look at it like this, you guys are pointing out a fallacy in my belief and i want to make it right.

(Wednesday=Onsdag... interesting)

Thats why your supposed to continue the thread, not go back and change what you wrote.

who says message boards cant be educational.

I knew wednesday was named for Odin. Actually learned it from the RuneQuest RPG.

478327[/snapback]

I thought most of them were named after Norse figures?

And the months named after the Roman pantheon.

All except "Saturday" are derived of old Norse Gods. We don't use "Saturns Day", but something called "L

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

Does anyone know anything about the Indonesian 'state' religion, I think it is called Pancalism. Sort of enshrines mutual acceptance as a law.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"God is just. He has laws, we broke them, we are guilty of death. God is good. He provides a means of salvation for us that we do not deserve."

So God first judges us unworthy of living, because we don

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Integral part of your belief that you were born to this world unworthy and you have worship God to be saved from eternal damnation and God created man and this world. This was my point from very beginning and it is something I can never accept. It is abusive. It is blackmail and it is evil.

Well imagine it like you have parents with really high standards but you couldn't deliver, but they still love you and are always ready/want to welcome you back with open arms.

Spreading beauty with my katana.