What's your favourite Swoop Track?

What is your favourite swoop race track?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite swoop race track?

• Taris
    • Tatooine
    • Manaan
    • Telos
    • Nar Shaddaa
    • Onderon
    • I don't race

I've done a fair bit of swooping recently, and I wondered what people's favourite track was?

Was it the futuristic Telos, the deserts of Tatooine, the Medievil-ish Onderon, the watery Manaan or some other? Or don't you even hit the track?

Mine is Onderon. It is very challenging compared to the rest, and the course is so much more unique and different to the others.

Taris- This race was very boring...just meant for learning Swoop racing

Tatooine- This one never worked for me on my PC, so I can't tell besides I totally hate that bug that caused a sub-mission to be forever stuck in my journal

Manaan- Best swoop track of Kotor

Now, in general, KOTOR2 swoop-racing was alot worse than swoop racing in kotor1... but track-specific:

Telos- Total Suckage. Don't know if it was because of the bugs, but I totally hate this one

Nar Shaddaa- Suckage. Besides the fact that this track is WAY too easy to win (crashing 20 times and you still win :shifty: ) the opposite riders, vents and such were not alot of fun... A well, only needed once; no need to drive good (hell, I couldn't even loose it the one time I tried to) did cause a fast amount of credits...

Onderon- Best one of Kotor2. A spefic mine planted on a point where the game always stuttered did cause alot of irritation, as was the "missing of jump pads when you hit them dead-on" bug that was happening here very often...

...Tatooine- This one never worked for me on my PC, so I can't tell besides I totally hate that bug that caused a sub-mission to be forever stuck in my journal...Telos- Total Suckage. Don't know if it was because of the bugs, but I totally hate this one....A specific mine planted on a point where the game always stuttered did cause alot of irritation, as was the "missing of jump pads when you hit them dead-on" bug that was happening here very often...

I don't think it helped your experience of the swoop tracks that you are the "Bug Magnet", as you wrote in the Amusing Glitches thread on the Spoilers Forum.

Nar Shaddaa- Suckage. Besides the fact that this track is WAY too easy to win (crashing 20 times and you still win  ) the opposite riders, vents and such were not alot of fun... A well, only needed once; no need to drive good (hell, I couldn't even loose it the one time I tried to) did cause a fast amount of credits...

I think that it's intentional that it's impossible to lose this track after you take on the droid.

Anyway, my favourite track is Onderon. I liked the 'Medievil-ish' style, as Styur put it.

I had to play Tatooine with heaps and heaps of lag cos I didn't have my new desktop back then.

Overall I'd have to say Manaan even though Tatooine pays a lot better. I'll always race in them all though.

I got hit with the forfeit bug so I didn't end up racing much in K2.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Funny, I am pretty much a klutz, but I much preferred racing in K2. It was much easier for me, because the tracks are longer, so you can be a little sloppy and still win. The pads aren't so tightly spaced too, so it is not so difficult to hit those that matter. I also prefer the whole 3D aspect and the trappings are much more atmospheric.

Manaan because the music motivates me and I always do my best there. My best time is 19.54 seconds. Tatooine is always really hard for me but, I always clean up on Manaan. And plus you can get Light Side Points twice from that Ithorian.

Taris and Tatooine were pretty good tracks.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester