TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Still 60 minor issues, just like yesterday? :aiee:

Do we have to find the big stick to motivate the beta testers here?

a035.gif

:lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

:) Beta Testing Motivation Time. :)

Lol.. They are going as fast and diligent as they can. I am sure they are working hard on the mod. :bat:

From a certain point of view, you have to be :crazy: to take upon this monumental task. :-"

All good things come to those who wait. :*

Edited by DarthMethos

Still 60 minor issues, just like yesterday?  :(

Nope it changed!!!!!! :(

It's 61 now :dancing:

:aiee: In the same way the 'Tracking 600ish known issues' turned to 'Tracking 706 known issues'. :aiee:

:aiee: Yep. Progress is being made. Hey wait, doesn't progress mean the numbers go down. :aiee:

When the mod is finally released, I bet you believers and non-belivers will be doing this: :joy:

I read on some forums that the guys responsible for the M4-78 Restoration Project were discussing about its future. This means that they might drop it, which, IMHO, is a shame since some work has already been done.

I was wondering if you guys wanted to continue that project once you are done with the SLR one.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

I can't speak for anyone else in the group but I will be moving on to NWN2 (no, there will not be a "NWN2RP" from us :dancing:) minus any updates to TSLRP that need to be done.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

I can't speak for anyone else in the group but I will be moving on to NWN2 (no, there will not be a "NWN2RP" from us :blink:) minus any updates to TSLRP that need to be done.

If it turns out as well as quite a few people (including me) hopes, you guys can add some good things to your resume for future job applications I would think :cool:

Edited by Gorth

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Did I miss Obscure Smiley Week? Again? :wub:

In other news our developers section is now up at the main site. Not much there at the moment but source code will be up there before the release (and before you ask, no, you will not be able to play the mod by just compiling the source code. I can pretty much guarantee that attempting to do so will break your game horribly.)

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

How are you people jumping in versions when this happens:

One Week: 'Tracking 600 known issues'.

Two Week:'Tracking 706 known issues'.

Third Week: 'Tracking 712 known issues'.

All your bug issues keep going up, and you people keep raising the version number. How does that happen?

You people still have my support, but I do have to take notice of some things:

1. Since the day you have started, how many newer bugs has this mod introduced?

2. How badly has this mod affected the game files, which are essential to its core and functionality?

3. Has this mod introduced newer bug, which TSL has never seen before?

4. Were there any other ways to restore the missing game elements, which did not involve affecting so many modules?

5. What have you done (Or- are doing) to prevent an accidental spread of computer viruses, which my accidently become sealed up with the modules/scripts/etc...? Since there are several people working on this project, don't you people care about virus issues?

6. Modified and Changed Scripts??? How will that affect other mods? Are any of those scripts essentially important to the core?

7. Source code changes or script changes?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Edited by DarthMethos

How are you people jumping in versions when this happens:

One Week: 'Tracking 600 known issues'.

Two Week:'Tracking 706 known issues'.

Third Week: 'Tracking 712 known issues'.

All your bug issues keep going up, and you people keep raising the version number. How does that happen?

Because we're also fixing them. That count is just the overall number in the system.
1. Since the day you have started, how many newer bugs has this mod introduced?
Hard to say. A quick perusal through http://mantis.team-gizka.org and I'm inclined to say probably over 500. At least.
2. How badly has this mod affected the game files, which are essential to its core and functionality?
At least 400 of the original game scripts have been modified, though very few of what could be considered 'core' scripts have been modified (a couple include files, which means people should just reimplement any changes they've made to the includes on top of ours.) If by 'files' you mean things like dll's and the exe, then 0. We're fairly certain that would be a violation of the EULA.
3. Has this mod introduced newer bug, which TSL has never seen before?
You have no idea >_<
4. Were there any other ways to restore the missing game elements, which did not involve affecting so many modules?
Nope.
5. What have you done (Or- are doing) to prevent an accidental spread of computer viruses, which my accidently become sealed up with the modules/scripts/etc...? Since there are several people working on this project, don't you people care about virus issues?
Somehow managing to embed a virus in script would be quite an impressive achievment from a technical standpoint. There is a .00000(etc.)1% chance of anyone being able to get a virus in any sense of the word to work in nwscript. So no we don't. As for the installer I'm the only one who deals with it. And I had no plans on inserting a virus :thumbsup:
6. Modified and Changed Scripts??? How will that affect other mods? Are any of those scripts essentially important to the core?
As we've said all along this will probably break a lot of mods. See above for the answer the 'core' scripts question.
7. Source code changes or script changes?
Source code = source code of scripts. Should have been more clear there. Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

NICE!!! I am new to what you guys are doing at Team-Gizka and very happy to hear it!.

It seems that this game is very hot stuff having followed one of the biggiest RPGs in history (within the top 10 I beleive). You are doing alot with this "Mod" -the word seems rather odd for such a large project.

I am a huge fan of KOTOR, and love the powers and skills KOTOR 2 had to offer, but the story was... well you know better than I.

I have a few questions if you don't mind:

How much would you say will be added to the game in terms of story and playing time?

I am using mods in the game already, how reseptive will the game be to mods after adding one as exstansive as yours? -I tend to think I will not need them all after adding yours but how sensitive will the game be to more mods after that?

Are you doing anything to the powers, feats, or classes in the game?

Thats it, and good luck, I will be following your progress.

Edited by Watchman

An hour. If you break to eat to lunch :-)

Not quite sure what you mean. The game will still be moddable. But many mods will not be compatible with ours simply because of the shear number of files we've changed (ie it will cause either theirs, ours, or both to break).

No.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Thats more like it... only 50 minor issues left. Amost there with a new version number. You guys haven't planned anything for christmas, right? :D

Thats more like it... only 50 minor issues left. Amost there with a new version number. You guys haven't planned anything for christmas, right?  :D

Lets not rush it for a Christmas release. :lol:"

:aiee:

Too late to edit my previous post I guess :)

Amen, watchman :)

Don't you dare releasing it now :)

"Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster - and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you"

QUOTE(The Architect @ May 9 2007, 05:18 PM)

And if LA announces KotOR III will never be made shortly after TSLRP is shut down, is it reasonable to assume that what happened to Alderaan in A New Hope would happen to LA HQ?