TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Okay. I'm just going to take this opptertunity to apologize to people who might have been offended with what I said over at RP forums. I really did not intend for it to sound the way it did. And so, in recent events, I'm turning in my BT badge for the time being. And yeah...

What did you say that could offend people if you dont mind me asking? was it the english language beta tester thing? If so how is that a problem, the team needs people to communicate bugs clearly and with clarity. If a person cant communicate clearly then that person shouldnt be a beta tester. Hard fact of life, not a racial thing IMO. Just like if Team Gizka were German, I would have no hope in joining the beta team :huh:

Sorry to hear your departure, you seemed like the most active beta tester on those forums :)

I'm seeing the progress of TSLRP and I must say that you guys are doing an excellent job. Thanks for all your effort! :)

I have a few questions to ask:

1)Although it is not possible to restore the Atris/Darth Traya scenes, will the Atris Darth Traya model be used for the fight scene at the Telos Polar Academy?

2)I've been through to 298/299TEL, and I found that the level looks lacking in comparison to the other levels. Not just in bad terminals, but it seemed to me that several shaders were missing which were there for other levels. Would it be possible to restore these shaders? (If it is possible, I believe one can just use the shaders from Telos Military base upper level --->232TEL since the objects and textures are pretty much the same). The shaders I talk about are:

- The ground reflective shader does not look as good as other levels

- Textures in general seem unpolished

- Perhaps its my imagination but it seemed that several bump maps and reflective shaders were missing

I have tested these on a GeForce FX 5900 graphics card.

1) Nope

2) It's not really within the scope of TSLRP to do shaders and textures; we're sticking to gameplay restoration. If someone feels the urge to make the shaders look nice and wants to release them, we'll be happy to host it. But it's not something we're planning on doing.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

What news from the front?

"I tried the most potent Noise Amplification spell once upon a time. Mavellous spell. I could hear the birds speaking to one another in trees over the horizon, I could hear the rustlings as the clouds rubbed against each other in the sky. I could hear the sound a rainbow makes as it arches it's back over the world. Then a dog barked behind me and I burst my left eardrum."

Aren't exams over? Or did I just get out early?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Aren't exams over? Or did I just get out early?

Maybe in the US, but not for another three weeks here in Europe.

True, the only exam-free month in Europe(College/University-level) is July.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I'll admit guys, when this game first came out, i didnt expect you to be able to do it.

But then again, i also didnt forsee you spending well over a year on the project. Seriously, top-form stuff, i hope it all works out wonderfully for you guys!

Looks like progress is being made - good work, guys. :)

One thing I'm curious about - for months now I've checked in to the website and look at the progress reports, and I've noticed that one module, 'Confrontations, Kreia conversation adjustment, Final cutscenes', remains stuck resolutely at zero. It's interesting, because the discovery of cut material relating to this was such a big part of the initial furore over the game's truncated ending. Is it proving particularly difficult to piece this part together?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Still, it's nice to visit the progress page every odd week and see progress yet frustrating that there is still room for progress :(

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I have certain feeling that this is just fanon, but I can just wonder and ask it from here. (well, if this is true - I doubt it - it has to be cut content. End game cut content, so naturally I have to ask it from here ;) )

So, while I was surfing on wookiepedia, I found out that someone has made article about True Sith. Well, no problem, but this part:

The "True Sith" were a shadowy and largely unknown order of Dark Side users that according to Kreia, had been in existance for "tens of thousands of years," and were silently waiting in the Unknown Regions, during the time of the Jedi Civil War.

According to Kreia, the so-called "True Sith" were millenia older than the Old Sith Empire. She and Revan believed that it was they who goaded the Mandalorians into attacking the Republic. She stated that both Malachor V and the graveyard planet Korriban had once been planets held at the edges of that mysterious empire, and that while these "true Sith" had forgotten those ancient worlds of the Dark Side, they would remember.

Following the Jedi Civil War, Revan vanished from known space, supposedly to fight this order.

I can't remember Kreia saying ANYTHING LIKE THAT. Is there any cut dialogue from Kreia like that? :blink:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I have certain feeling that this is just fanon, but I can just wonder and ask it from here. (well, if this is true - I doubt it - it has to be cut content. End game cut content, so naturally I have to ask it from here ;) )

So, while I was surfing on wookiepedia, I found out that someone has made article about True Sith. Well, no problem, but this part:

The "True Sith" were a shadowy and largely unknown order of Dark Side users that according to Kreia, had been in existance for "tens of thousands of years," and were silently waiting in the Unknown Regions, during the time of the Jedi Civil War.

According to Kreia, the so-called "True Sith" were millenia older than the Old Sith Empire. She and Revan believed that it was they who goaded the Mandalorians into attacking the Republic. She stated that both Malachor V and the graveyard planet Korriban had once been planets held at the edges of that mysterious empire, and that while these "true Sith" had forgotten those ancient worlds of the Dark Side, they would remember.

Following the Jedi Civil War, Revan vanished from known space, supposedly to fight this order.

I can't remember Kreia saying ANYTHING LIKE THAT. Is there any cut dialogue from Kreia like that? :blink:

It's incorrect. There seems to be this popular theory among some fans that there is some all-powerful Sith somewhere that nobody ever heard about because they're oh-so-secretive and powerful. Some also tie these with the original Sith species, as if they were somehow great and powerful DS-users, when they were really just simplistic humanoids on Korriban enslaved by the dark jedi exiled by the jedi order during the Second Great Schism.

Sadly popular theories would seem to have far more lives than cats...

Yeah. If I would have better english I would edit that stupid article :p

And I know schisms and all that ( I know quite a much about SW lore anyway). ;) If I wouldn't I would not have even doubt that.

Hah, tens of thousand years. Jedi's has been around only for some 20,000 years durng kotor era :p

But thanks for clarification Jediphile :)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Just a little question here:

I've got the french version of kotor2. Will the patch work correctly?

(I don't care if it's written in english sometimes, just wanted to know if the version could be a problem...)

Thanks

ps: you're doing a great work folks! :D

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's still a mod (I know it's a technicality but 'patch' seems to invoke some sort of officiality about this thing which it has none of).

Each language will have an updated tlk provided so everything should remain in your language.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to have it :D

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

So can we expect an update any time soon?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

You can expect an update when we have one.

You can say much about Team Gizka, but at least they always have a straight answer :unsure:

I'm satisfied as long as it gets out, I'll chew onto NWN2 in the mean-time. Have a good vacation all!

You can expect an update when we have one.

Well can't you just tell us something we don't know?

It seems to me you guys were really into this patch and restoration last year when u started but now you have just lost ur drive and momentum. Can you comment on that? Its not really a slam, i mean its not liek anyone is paying you for this but is it true the team isnt pursing the restoration with the same fervor as it once did?