TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Build 0.6b4 is up.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"No you can't download it" - That's just uh, dandy. I appreciate the effort, but I fear that by the time it's done and public I'll either be fed up with K2 (which I haven't played in ages already) or moved to the next OS (even though I'll probably just add it as a third windows pc system, next to Win98, XP and...). Does K2 run on Win 64?

(Signatures: disabled) 

These things take time, especially considering the complexity of some of the things being added.

As for people moving on... Oh well. There is no sense trying to rush things by complaining that you've lost interest in the game. If it were released at this moment, it would probably be far from done.

I still play the original Baldur's Gate on time to time thanks to the tutu project. I'll have no trouble replaying KoTOR 2 when the restoration project is released.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

These things take time, especially considering the complexity of some of the things being added.

As for people moving on... Oh well. There is no sense trying to rush things by complaining that you've lost interest in the game. If it were released at this moment, it would probably be far from done.

Precisely. That's what went wrong with the game in the first place - no need to repeat that pattern.

My advice is to move on now, then come back once the mod is finished.

*Grrr*

It's like the day before xmas... you know, the day that never ends.

It's not like there is that many short lightsabers left on that progress page :p

Damn parents, won't even left us touch and shake the gifts a bit, oh no, do not open until xmas :blink:"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Darth its been about a year lol just check their progress reports

This is taking more time then the actual game lol thats pretty cool

Lol... I think I need my eyes checked. Hehehe. :)

If it wasn't for the Teams real lives, then it probably would have been done within 5-6 months.  <_<

If they were professionals, I think it would have taken 5-6months. However, they are not professionals, so it will take a little longer. Real life does come first. :p

Lol... Hehehe... :)

And while we're arguing about the expected releasedate, a new build: 0.6b5, is up.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I think they are making great progress. There are plenty of projects that have made much less progress over a much longer stretch of time.

I've been waiting ages for a remake of the original Star Wars Dark Forces in the SW: Jedi Academy engine, and seemingly years later and they've only finished 3-4 of the 15 levels and progress seems to have come to a stand still. I hold little disapointment over this though. These were fans that took free time out of their lives without any pay to create/recreate something for other fans. Massive hobbies like this take time and a little tlc.

Another remake I've been looking forward to for a long time is a remake of Quest for Glory 2 with better graphics by adventure gaming fans. I actually only played the Quest for Glory series in the last 2 years but I loved it. As ancient as the games were I really enjoyed the series and I've been anticipating the improved graphical remake.

Theres something I really enjoy about remakes and 'enhancements' of games that had things removed. Even if they are little quests/sub plots removed from a game due to time restraints or whatever reason. Baldur's Gate 2 and Planescape Torment are both good examples, with a few minor quests re-added thanks to some mods.

Wow! Things are truly coming along nicely with this mod. I can't belive you've made all this progress in just 3/20 of a decade. I know KOTOR2 is still a hot new game with loads of players but i think you should hurry up a little though, before interest peaks.

Lois: Honey, what do you say we uh...christen these new sheets, huh?

Peter: Why Lois Griffin, you naughty girl.

Lois: Hehehe...that's me.

Peter: You dirty hustler.

Lois: Hehehehe...

Peter: You filthy, stinky prostitute.

Lois: Aha, ok I get it...

Peter: You foul, venereal disease carrying, street walking whore.

Lois: Alright, that's enough!