TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

Another question then: sorry if this has already been mentioned, but is the mod going to restore the possibly of

Atris becoming Darth Traya instead of Kreia?

Well... I'm not sure, so someone from the team will have to answer that one, but:

I think it could be possible. Certainly the sound files are there for most of it, though I don't know if they all are. I don't think we'll be seeing the option of adding Atris to the party, if Kreia is Traya, though - they never finished the option for that, which is a shame... I wonder what would have become of Kreia, if Atris is Traya?

And now they're up to build 0.6b2. Keep up the work folks!

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

This was addressed very very early on so I imagine there are many who weren't around for the debate and ultimate decision: Atris actually has some VO that Kreia doesn't have but unfortunately she's also missing some (important) VO that that Kreia has that would be required to make the scenes make sense. Some argued that we could do it without VO but we agreed early on that unless we had full VO (or the character had never been voiced before; read Kaevee) that we wouldn't restore it.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

that unless we had full VO (or the character had never been voiced before; read Kaevee) that we wouldn't restore it.

Which incidently is one of the best things about this mod. Keeping it simple, playing it safe, so you'll fathom a huge amount of fans instead of 50% or less. I've always been afraid that mods would add things I really hated, but I don't have to be afraid when it comes to The Restoration Project.

that unless we had full VO (or the character had never been voiced before; read Kaevee) that we wouldn't restore it.

Which incidently is one of the best things about this mod. Keeping it simple, playing it safe, so you'll fathom a huge amount of fans instead of 50% or less. I've always been afraid that mods would add things I really hated, but I don't have to be afraid when it comes to The Restoration Project.

I agree with that, actually. I mean, it's one thing that Atris turns DS, but that's not the same as having her take over all of Kreia's goals to destroy the force. Kreia has been on a quest for that specific goal from the very beginning, so it's difficult to explain why she would suddenly sacrifice herself to let some else carry it out toward the end of the game. Also, the fact that Atris is missing some soundfiles could suggest that Obsidian dropped the idea of making her Traya even before LA pushed the "rush hour" button.

I agree with that, actually. I mean, it's one thing that Atris turns DS, but that's not the same as having her take over all of Kreia's goals to destroy the force. Kreia has been on a quest for that specific goal from the very beginning, so it's difficult to explain why she would suddenly sacrifice herself to let some else carry it out toward the end of the game. Also, the fact that Atris is missing some soundfiles could suggest that Obsidian dropped the idea of making her Traya even before LA pushed the "rush hour" button.

I agree. Once again, y'all at Team Gizka have my full support and just holler if you need me.

Actually, that's only half true. Kreia didn't want to destroy the Force, Darth Traya did. Kreia was simply the guise that Darth Traya took on while she was teaching the Exile, as Traya is ever the mistress of deciet and betrayal. Kreia admits herself indirectly that Kreia is stronger than Darth Traya because Traya serves only the Darkside, whereas Kreia understands that neither good nor evil holds all of the answers. Kreia understands that the true answers come from within one's self, while Darth Traya doesn't.

swesbrly5iz.gif

I agree. Once again, y'all at Team Gizka have my full support and just holler if you need me.

I'll help as well...

(do you need beta testers, or anything like that?)

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Actually, that's only half true. Kreia didn't want to destroy the Force, Darth Traya did. Kreia was simply the guise that Darth Traya took on while she was teaching the Exile, as Traya is ever the mistress of deciet and betrayal. Kreia admits herself indirectly that Kreia is stronger than Darth Traya because Traya serves only the Darkside, whereas Kreia understands that neither good nor evil holds all of the answers. Kreia understands that the true answers come from within one's self, while Darth Traya doesn't.

Huh? >_<

Kreia=Darth Traya!

Huh? ;)

Kreia=Darth Traya!

No- Kreia later takes on the role of Darth Traya. Traya was always and will always be there so she isn't directly tied to Kreia at all.

Well I dont think Kreia can be set appart from darth Traya. I men she is not trying to say she has like a split personality. She imo just sais that there wil always be deceit, betreyal and stuff like that and that in this case it is her, darh traya. I really dont think darth traya is some uneversall "character/entity" to be filled by one or the other (literally). So if you say that instead of Kreia Atris would become darth traya, Kreia would never be anything but your old mentor. She was darth traya befor she was cast out by the other 2 sith lords. If atris was to be traya than Kreia would have to be darth somethingelse..

I think you guys are reading waaay to much into a simple figure of speach/word-game. But I might be completley wrong and obsidian came up with another piece of story on par with force wounds... a part that makes one go... "whatever o:)"

Huh? :(

Kreia=Darth Traya!

No- Kreia later takes on the role of Darth Traya. Traya was always and will always be there so she isn't directly tied to Kreia at all.

Be that as it may, there is only ever one Traya in KotOR2.

Hi, just one question: do you need a translator for your restoration project? I would gladly help (I'm italian, would make it for italian gamers :) )

And I can speak some Japanese... :D

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

A new build is up! version 0.6b3.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hi, just one question: do you need a translator for your restoration project? I would gladly help (I'm italian, would make it for italian gamers :) )

We will eventually but at this point we're not looking for anyone.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I have a question. Together with restoring the cut content (or most of it), are you also going to increase the difficulty of some of the major enemies: Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Atris, etc.?

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

This question has been lurking in my mind for quite a while now....

Ive read some things about what is beeing restored, and I get an impression that a lot (by that I mean majoritiy) will be more "darksided" like ways to kill off your buddies.

Being primarily a good guy :( I just want to ask if the restored content "favoures" DS playthroughs? By that I mean is the majority of stuff you will add "for DS".

Hope you know what I mean...

I have a question. Together with restoring the cut content (or most of it), are you also going to increase the difficulty of some of the major enemies: Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Atris, etc.?

I think the short answer is no. I definitely remember some of us wondering whether Nihilus would be less of a wuss after the restoration, and someone (Dashus?) told us that they were only restoring the cut stuff, not rescaling the difficulty levels and so.

Ive read some things about what is beeing restored, and I get an impression that a lot (by that I mean majoritiy) will be more "darksided" like ways to kill off your buddies.

Being primarily a good guy :(  I just want to ask if the restored content "favoures" DS playthroughs? By that I mean is the majority of stuff you will add "for DS".

Well, some of the endings do allow for deaths. For example, in DS you can have either Atton vs. Disciple (female Exile) or Handmaiden vs. Visas (male Exile), but there are loads of other stuff in there. A lot of it is just cut plots, like the HK-factory or the stuff with the Genoharadan trying to kill the Exile. That's all neither dark nor light side.

And some of the endings will be LS too, IIRC. There is one scene where most the companions try to confront Kreia and are taken captive, for example. Another is with Atton sacrificing himself to save the female Exile during a fight with Sion (which I guess mirrors the possibility of killing Visas during the fight with Nihilus).

But rather than me trying to remember it all (and probably failing horribly), you're much better off going to Team Gizka's site and getting an idea for yourself. I'd suggest you look at the progress reports to get a rough estimate, perhaps even looking at the "current build", which leads to a topic on their own boards listing what they intend to do.

I hope that they'll add more DS stuff because there isn't actually much stuff I wish more for the LS playthru. When first playing (LS) K2 I was really satisfied of the game and was like "now that was some good sh*t".

After playing DS though I just though "pathetic" you know.

TSLRP will not do any rebalancing.

Being primarily a good guy :devil:  I just want to ask if the restored content "favoures" DS playthroughs? By that I mean is the majority of stuff you will add "for DS".

I think it's about even LS/DS. Most, if not all, the stuff that got cut had LS/DS paths to them so it's balanced.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

I think the short answer is no. I definitely remember some of us wondering whether Nihilus would be less of a wuss after the restoration, and someone (Dashus?) told us that they were only restoring the cut stuff, not rescaling the difficulty levels and so.

No, I'm pretty sure that no actual set gameplay elements are being altered except those that would directly conflict with the restored content. And Nihilus is actually supposed to be pathetic when fighting against you because:

1. You are a void in the Force, just like he is.

2. He is extremely weak because there were no Force sensitives on Telos to replentish his energies with, thanks to Traya.

swesbrly5iz.gif