TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

I wouldn't mind seeing Dustil in the Sith Tomb as long as it only occurs if you say that Revan fell to the dark side in the first game when meeting Atton at the start of the game.

It wouldn't make sense to have his ghost in the tomb if Revan were light side... unless one of the sith figured out Dustil was ditching them and killed him somewhere off screen. As for his ghost being in the tomb, remember that ghosts can travel from section to section and they have in the SW movies, games, comics etc.

The only problem I can see with Dustil being a ghost is that, from my understanding of force ghosts in SW, people only turn into ghosts if they were high level jedi or sith who had mastered their teachings etc. So it doesn't really make sense that a hot tempered trainie would become a force ghost.

Then again, I have read in some of the comics of people not mastering becoming a jedi and still becoming a ghost...

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Actually the Ep 3 comic points out that Qui Gon learned the "force ghost" ability (sic) from a shaman because it was essentially forgotten. This would seem to imply that there was a time when such knowledge was common (or at least more easily accessible).

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

The only problem I can see with Dustil being a ghost is that, from my understanding of force ghosts in SW, people only turn into ghosts if they were high level jedi or sith who had mastered their teachings etc. So it doesn't really make sense that a hot tempered trainie would become a force ghost.

Then again, I have read in some of the comics of people not mastering becoming a jedi and still becoming a ghost...

Seemed to happen to Ulic Qel-Droma, though... At least, his body faded into the force (in the "Redemption" comic books) just like Obi-Wan and Yoda did, though we haven't seen him as a force ghost... And Ulic had no connection to the force at all at that point.

Guest The Architect
What would Dustil be doing in the Sith tomb?

I know, it doesn't make sense. He either goes to Dantooine to join the Jedi Academy or he is killed by Revan so he couldn't possibly be stuck on Korriban in a Sith Tomb. I hope this is one of those things that they decided to cut and not something that they were going to have in the final version but had to cut it.

No, not exactly.

In the DS outcome of the meeting with Dustil, he is angry at Carth and Revan fuels these feelings so that Dustil attacks, and you have no choice but to kill him. So DS Revan = Dustil dead.

However, in the LS outcome, Carth wants Dustil to come with him, but Dustil refuses and says that he must convince his friends to abandon the Sith ways and leave with him. So Dustil stays, which could explain why he is still there in K2 - upon the chaos Revan's confrontation the Sith master (can't remember his name - Uthar?), there was so much havoc, that Dustil was stuck on the planet. Could make sense, I think. Anyone know the entire story?

Your right...That is what happens. You see I was just trying to guess what would happen since I always kill Dustil because of his damn attitude problem and never actually did the LS Scenario at all in the past, that is until now. I've now tried the scenario and what you said does indeed happen. So the possibility of Dustil still being on Korriban in K2 isn't stupid at all.

Few questions for Team. Im not sure about these.

1) Will you restore death of Bao-Dur? If you restore it, how will that happen?

2) How will meeting with Vash go before restoring droid planet is done? Is she dead again? I hope not. And if not, will she be at Dantooine at LS? What are her lines during the confrontation with masters?

3) What about Tomb thing?

4) Is HK-47 solo at Factory, or is Bao with him?

5) Does this mode require enablecheats=1 ?

6) Do you have any idea how much you have already restored? 30, 40, 50, 60% ?

;)

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

1) Will you restore death of Bao-Dur?  If you restore it, how will that happen?

2) How will meeting with Vash go before restoring droid planet is done? Is she dead again?  I hope not. And if not, will she be at Dantooine at LS? What are her lines during the confrontation with masters?

5) Does  this mode require enablecheats=1 ?

:shifty:

1) No. There's actually very little evidence either way. The only evidence one has that bao dies is in the VO of promotional material. On the other hand we've seen nothing that says he lives either. We've found a way around the problem though (and no we won't be saying what that way is; we'd like to leave some stuff as a surprise :( )

2) Again the M4-78 restoration is not us. That is a separate group entirely. Vash will remain where she has always been: dead on the floor. :thumbsup:

3) What tomb thing? Dustil? Or the "looping battle"? Dustil won't be restored because he has no VO. The "looping battle" bug has been fixed.

4) HK-47 is solo at the factory (if you take the steps to get him there).

5) What "mode" are you referring to?

6) *sigh* no one learns do they? :thumbsup: More than 0% :)

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

2) How will meeting with Vash go before restoring droid planet is done? Is she dead again?  I hope not. And if not, will she be at Dantooine at LS? What are her lines during the confrontation with masters?

:)

1) No. There's actually very little evidence either way. The only evidence one has that bao dies is in the VO of promotional material. On the other hand we've seen nothing that says he lives either. We've found a way around the problem though (and no we won't be saying what that way is; we'd like to leave some stuff as a surprise :) )

2) Again the M4-78 restoration is not us. That is a separate group entirely. Vash will remain where she has always been: dead on the floor. :p

3) What tomb thing? Dustil? Or the "looping battle"? Dustil won't be restored because he has no VO. The "looping battle" bug has been fixed.

6) *sigh* no one learns do they? ;) More than 0% :shifty:

Thanks for answers.

1) Ok.

2) Yes I know,.it is said that RP sill work with M4-78 mod, but that mod would be done much later than yours. Pity. :(

3) Dustil. I thought that it was clear, because there was so much talking about it lately. ^^

4) Ok.

5) :"> I mean, must I set swkotor2.ini enablecheats=1. Will this work without doing it?

6) No, I dont think so. ;)

Good luck with project. :D

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

1) No.  There's actually very little evidence either way.  The only evidence one has that bao dies is in the VO of promotional material.  On the other hand we've seen nothing that says he lives either.  We've found a way around the problem though (and no we won't be saying what that way is; we'd like to leave some stuff as a surprise :- )

He dies in a promo VO? Kewl! (w00t) Could someone give me a link? Please?

...and a another build is up: 0.5b5 :blink:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

While checking those progress reports from team.gizka, a question popped into my head. When it is finally completed; how big will it be? Downloading the content patches was painful enough.....would this be another gigantic download spree?!?

I dont have an account at team.gizkas forum, thats why i posted here. :p I dont know will anyone except the makers be able to shed some light on this, but I`ll settle for a guess.

He dies in a promo VO? Kewl! (w00t) Could someone give me a link? Please?

Not "dies" persay; it's only VO and his line is something to the effect of "Make my sacrifice matter."

Dang...and there was me getting all excited. I think that lines in the game anyway. Oh well.

And <SP, I imagine that the project will be very large. Very, very large.

While checking those progress reports from team.gizka, a question popped into my head. When it is finally completed; how big will it be? Downloading the content patches was painful enough.....would this be another gigantic download spree?!?

...I imagine that the project will be very large. Very, very large.

Once it's installed it will be fairly hefty; at present we're looking at around 120MB installed. The installer itself will be about 15MB give or take a couple MB's.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

:)

1) No. There's actually very little evidence either way. The only evidence one has that bao dies is in the VO of promotional material. On the other hand we've seen nothing that says he lives either. We've found a way around the problem though (and no we won't be saying what that way is; we'd like to leave some stuff as a surprise :blink: )

2) Again the M4-78 restoration is not us. That is a separate group entirely. Vash will remain where she has always been: dead on the floor. :p

6) *sigh* no one learns do they? :rolleyes: More than 0% :blink:

Thanks for answers.

1) Ok.

2) Yes I know,.it is said that RP sill work with M4-78 mod, but that mod would be done much later than yours. Pity. :blink:

3) Dustil. I thought that it was clear, because there was so much talking about it lately. ^^

4) Ok.

5) :"> I mean, must I set swkotor2.ini enablecheats=1. Will this work without doing it?

6) No, I dont think so. :lol:

Good luck with project. :D

1.) Remote right? He comes back as Remote with himself included in the memory chip :)

IB1OsQq.png

Once it's installed it will be fairly hefty; at present we're looking at around 120MB installed.  The installer itself will be about 15MB give or take a couple MB's.

VERY small thus. But what do you expect if all the used stuff is already installed on the disk of the users?

Not sure what you mean.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Once it's installed it will be fairly hefty; at present we're looking at around 120MB installed.  The installer itself will be about 15MB give or take a couple MB's.

VERY small thus. But what do you expect if all the used stuff is already installed on the disk of the users?

Not sure what you mean.

Due to the fact that most of the required stuff is already installed on the user's PC there isn't a need for a very large file

(120MB for extra (restored) stuff... that's a breeze compared to some patches for some games...)

Not sure what you mean.

Due to the fact that most of the required stuff is already installed on the user's PC there isn't a need for a very large file

(120MB for extra (restored) stuff... that's a breeze compared to some patches for some games...)

Still not sure what you mean :p I'm confused by "But what do you expect if all the used stuff is already installed on the disk of the users?" What "used stuff"? Can you rephrase the question?

Also the 120MB isn't "restored stuff" per say...I'd say there's maybe 4 or 5 MB of "restored" stuff (not counting audio files). The problem is 2 things: first putting everything in override would be a logistical nightmare (not to mention the fact it wouldn't work quite right because some files in different modules have the same name) and second laying other mods on top of this one would be a pain with everything in override. If only 1 file in a module is edited the entire module is built into a .mod and included. This means that a one line change to a script will force adding the entire module it's in (upwards of 4 or 5MB in some cases). Annoying but worth the ability to drop your own files in override and not have to worry about permanently overwriting stuff. That said some global stuff will be in override but far fewer than would be if everyything were there.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Not sure what you mean.

Still not sure what you mean :p I'm confused by "But what do you expect if all the used stuff is already installed on the disk of the users?" What "used stuff"? Can you rephrase the question?

Also the 120MB isn't "restored stuff" per say...I'd say there's maybe 4 or 5 MB of "restored" stuff (not counting audio files). The problem is 2 things: first putting everything in override would be a logistical nightmare (not to mention the fact it wouldn't work quite right because some files in different modules have the same name) and second laying other mods on top of this one would be a pain with everything in override. If only 1 file in a module is edited the entire module is built into a .mod and included. This means that a one line change to a script will force adding the entire module it's in (upwards of 4 or 5MB in some cases). Annoying but worth the ability to drop your own files in override and not have to worry about permanently overwriting stuff. That said some global stuff will be in override but far fewer than would be if everyything were there.

You are talking about repackaging module files?

The 120MBs is more like repackaged game files with edits?

:p

Edited by DarthMethos

:blink:

You make that sound abnormal :devil: That's all a mod really is in the first place :p

I should qualify that by saying that while the edit of one file will in fact require the inclusion of all the other files in the module regardless of whether or not they've been modified, we've modified near 250 scripts across 47 modules. More than half the area files (are, ifo, and git) have been modified as well. And like I say if we were to just throw all this stuff in override it would be a mess. This is really the preferred way.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

You make that sound abnormal :devil: That's all a mod really is in the first place :p

I should qualify that by saying that while the edit of one file will in fact require the inclusion of all the other files in the module regardless of whether or not they've been modified, we've modified near 250 scripts across 47 modules. More than half the area files (are, ifo, and git) have been modified as well. And like I say if we were to just throw all this stuff in override it would be a mess. This is really the preferred way.

:huh:

Holy shnikes! :huh:

:(

You make that sound abnormal :thumbsup: That's all a mod really is in the first place :)

That's alot. I'll personally make sure to mail Gamespot, IGN, Gamespy, 1up and so on when you're finished, so that you'll get your credit you deserve :)

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy