TSL Restoration Project: The Phantom Deadline

The old topic was bigger than a rancor and just as deadly - don't ask me how, I'm not a scientist. Here's a new one, complete with questions so that ya'll don't need to ask them daily just in case the answer has changed.

Look, it's our website!

Much is repeated from our official FAQ.

Q: Do I have to read this thread's FAQ before posting? Because I'm sure I can post something that isn't covered in it.

A: Yes.

Q: When will this mod be done?

A: We don't have a projected time of completion yet. However, rest assured that we will keep you updated on our progress. You can check our Work In Progress page for details on what we're currently up to. What we're up to, module-related. We're not giving details on what we do every single hour of the day, and seriously, quit talking about your pet moths, it's creepy.

Q: I see a build version listed on the website. Where can I download it?

A: We haven't released a public version of the mod yet. This number serves to help track our progress - we have one beta tester who is working with us right now. The downloadable version will be announced when finished.

Q: Will you add ____ ?!

A: Our focus is on restoring the missing content that Obsidian Entertainment originally intended for the game. We will add content as we see necessary to make the plot work, but we are not adding random new sub-plots.

We will be revealing more details about our restoration efforts in future progress reports, but if you would like to know whether or not we already have plans to work on a specific restoration, feel free to ask us in our forums.

Q: Yeah, but will you add difficulty tweaks? Or new items?

A: No.

Q: Are you fixing game bugs?

A: We have found and fixed a few dialogue and scripting related bugs. Check it out. The "tweaks" will not be included in the mod, but the bug fixes will.

Q: Will your mod work with existing savegames?

A: Probably. We recommend starting over totally or, at the latest, before leaving Peragus just to avoid any potential weirdness. Even if your saved game from later doesn't end up buggy, you're going to miss additional content - the earliest of it appears quite soon after Peragus explodes.

Really, just start over. Maybe we put in an easter egg with Sion playing with kittens and you'll never see it if you don't start a new game.

Q: I have the XBox version of the game and a (legally) modded XBox - will your mod work on it?

A: At this point we're unsure. There are reports that new model files (.mdl's) - which the mod will likely contain - do not work on the XBox. After our work is completed we may look into creating a more fully compatible version for the XBox.

Q: Are you working on the Droid Planet?

A: No, we are not currently working on restoring M4-78, the Droid Planet. The only material that exists for it is basically an outline and a couple of possibly incomplete voiceover sets. Storylining, scripting, writing dialogue and recording sounds for an entire planet, as well as working it into the plot of the rest of the game is beyond the scope of the project at the moment.

Oh, but hey, you might want to check out the group that IS working on M4-78.

Q: How can I help? Can I join the team?

A: At this time, we don't need any additional help. If we have any future needs, we'll make an announcement. Thanks for the interest. But seriously, moths.

Q: Pleaaaaaaaaase can I help?

A: Okay, okay. We're looking for beta testers. Check out the long list of requirements here. In short:

BE: Literate. Articulate. Able to take screenshots. Uh... having lots of free time.

DON'T BE: A jerk.

Q: I feel like bashing LucasArts. This is the right thread for it, right?

A: No.

Q: I'm looking forward to your mod still.

A: Thanks!

Edited by Aurora

I am following my fish.

A temporary home for stranded ML'ers

Got alot e-mails with the header "When is it done?" lately?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I got 2 questions:

1) I understand that You cant say anything as a statemet about deadline of finishing the mod, but could You at least say how big are chances that You will make it on July 2006 ?

2) Can You judge how much gametime it will add ?

Edited by Czulu

I got 2 questions:

1) I understand that You cant say anything as a statemet about deadline of finishing the mod, but could You at least say how big are chances that You will make it on July 2006 ?

2) Can You judge how much gametime it will add ?

1) No

2) We're still in the process of adding and removing pieces. We haven't really tallied it up and probably won't until a later beta.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Diagnostic result: I seem to have no personality whatsoever.

Will the TSLRP include difficulty tweaks such as changes in boss force-usage templates ?

No, difficulty tweaks are outside of the scope of the project. But it should be compatible with difficulty-tweakage mods.

(Aur, this should probably get added to the FAQ - it gets asked often).

The Sith Lords Restoration Project forums

JdNoa: Putting the "Tea" in "Team Gizka"

K1 DSF alternate ending mod, and K2 Ebon Hawk cutscene conditions listing, at my Geocities page

No new usable items have been added (and we don't currently have any plans to), with the exception of hk's uber rifle.

Edited by Dashus

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Since this is basically a FAQ threadm I guess I'll post. I probably asked this already but oh well.

A while back, images of Attons messed up model were posted and some sad news that the creator has been missing ( >_< ) Has the creator resurfaced to complete it? Or will it remain as a "could have been" sort of thing?

Version 0.4f1 already. Keep up the good work, not long until version 1.0c :) (I read somewhere on your forums that you won't release anything until that perticular build).

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Guest Dowie100

could someone post there pics of the new atton models, this is news to me.

Are you adding anything the beggining of the game, or was there nothing cut from there?

A good idea would be removing that painful Turret Sequence at the end of peragus

Version 0.4f1 already. Keep up the good work, not long until version 1.0c :thumbsup: (I read somewhere on your forums that you won't release anything until that perticular build).

Now it's 0.4f2!! It's going good, I think.

And that turret sequence is really annoying, yes.

Why d'you think that? I always liked those little mini-games.

Guest Dowie100
Version 0.4f1 already. Keep up the good work, not long until version 1.0c :p (I read somewhere on your forums that you won't release anything until that perticular build).

Why d'you think that? I always liked those little mini-games.

the one in Peragus is god awful, the rest in K2 are good its just that one, is soooo bad.

Also, does no one still have those pics of the new atton model?

Version 0.4f1 already. Keep up the good work, not long until version 1.0c :) (I read somewhere on your forums that you won't release anything until that perticular build).

And coincidental, by the description of the bugs, it appears to be some of the Malachor V scenes. :p

Edited by Wild Storm

And coincidental, by the description of the bugs, it appears to be some of the Malachor V scenes. :lol:

301 is Nar Shaddaa actually; 9xx are malachor/core modules. The scene right before the player meets Mira where Atton tells the player to be careful in the Jekk Jekk Tar was supposed to play only with high influence, with another scene playing with mid or low influence. The check (and the underlying scripting for the alternate scene) was never set up.

TSLRP

Propaganda Minister

Hey guys instead of bugging the Restoration staff about release dates and stuff mabye you should let them do their work!!! I bet they waste more time replying to stupid questions

if you cant wait keep telling your self the mod will be done tommrow

Good point. Part of the problem with the original was that people were all begging for KOTORII to be out before it was done. we got what we asked for. a rushed game.

*Concurs*.

And on the minigame part: You're right, there's no justification for Sith Soldiers being there, but the concept of that minigame was still fun :p

Good point. Part of the problem with the original was that people were all begging for KOTORII to be out before it was done. we got what we asked for. a rushed game.

*Concurs*.

And on the minigame part: You're right, there's no justification for Sith Soldiers being there, but the concept of that minigame was still fun :)

Yes it would have been better if it was more Sith Assasins, not Sith Soilders