project the one after delaware

HiddenAssassin

i reckon ya could have a school based rpg think of the wikked classes and subclasses

wierdo - pyromaniac

punk- hardcore

jock - wrestler

prep - teachers pet

you would first pick your stats and appearance then you would be put into you room on your first day of a new school at year 12. you go to your drawer and you can pick 3 differant things to take out of a pocket knife, a zippo, shades, a football etc. etc.

then you go and must find your way around school and based on your dialogue options and who you make friends with and what you do in the first week is what group (class and subclass) recruits you when the classes start all out war over the campus.

You start at the ground and move your way up with the final quest being helping your faction rule the world. You have quests on your campus and all over differant ones.

The punks can make alliances with the wierdos and the jocks go with the preps. The teachers are quickly killed off and you must get out and make contact.

what do you people think of this idea and do you have anything to add.

At least it's creative. Heck, it might even be interesting, but for that you'd need more than a normal school (and by that I don't mean campus battles :)) Besides, I doubt any dev would do the dialogue, reactions and atmosphere right for teenagers (or kids).

Teenage Mutant Ninja ehh... Students ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That is a terrible idea. Unless one of the classes is ninjas, which I don't see how would work in a school based RPG.

During highschool, this one kid would come to class dressed a ninja, minus any head gear. All black, and those "ninja shoe" things that are kinda like ballerina slippers. I s*** you not. Wind, sleet, rain snow, gym class. He always wore it. Alright kid, just weird.

I have long wanted to do a high-school/junior high-school RPG, to be honest. I think it could have the potential to be a lot of fun - assemble your party of jock, geek, cheerleader, whatever and try to survive a year as a freshman through all the hurdles of high school life. Gain rep, complete homework assignments, avoid bullies, make gangs, join clubs, ostricize other cliques - I think it'd be awesome.

My 2 cents.

I have long wanted to do a high-school/junior high-school RPG, to be honest. I think it could have the potential to be a lot of fun - assemble your party of jock, geek, cheerleader, whatever and try to survive a year as a freshman through all the hurdles of high school life. Gain rep, complete homework assignments, avoid bullies, make gangs, join clubs, ostricize other cliques - I think it'd be awesome.

My 2 cents.

The boss battle being.. The Final Exam! Where you have to solve a few calculus problems (in real time WITHOUT PAUSE), write a few essays and score at least a B to win the game!! Damn, that sounds exciting..

Who wouldn't want to play school after school?!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You people are too late. Check out the d20 Malls & Morons game, available for free from ENWorld.

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

Don't remind me :(

On a related note, I would be VERY interested to see how a CRPG set in modern times would fare. The accepted default setting is obviously that of Tolkien-inspired fantasy, and though it would seem to be the most popular and profitable, it's still a niche setting. There could potentially be a huge untapped playerbase out there that may find that they enjoy a good RPG if properly enticed.

The school setting is very intriguing. There are a lot of things in it that could translate into to some clever design concepts, not to mention that virtually everybody knows where you're coming from with this stuff.

Alas, in a perfect world...

• 3 weeks later...

This seems like an amusing idea, I imagined it as Sim/school type thing with elements of the recent Romance of Three kingdoms games like turns and the students in place of generals, dictating role and abilities of a created student you could focus on generating a non discript pack or joining and influencing and eventually leading a large faction like nerds or jocks. Or simply develope personal influence and acolades or school acolades. Plug away on the school paper with a few peers or single handedly raise the schools standardized testing average like lisa simpson.

I would imagine a humorous art style with over the top bossy competive kids the portraits would all be over the top and very iconic. In fact a competiveness score could be a double edge sword, a flat boost too all competive events based on spirit but prone to accepting all challenges even to detriment. EX; The Fiesty Nerds have just accepted the Jocks invite to a dodgeball game the week after you join. You then start planning to humiliate them back at the next school dance...

Randomized humorous events could occur periodicly to jam up your plans or give you a few laughs and a handfull of annual events could feature an infamous competing school nearby...

• 2 weeks later...

My 2 cents.

I've wanted to do this one for years and years. Big emphasis on replayability - creating a teenager with particular traits and inclinations then seeing what happens when you set them down different paths. Creating a natural football jock (big, strong, common fashion sense, demanding and aggressive blue-collar father) and playing him through *as* a football jock...then playing through the game again and trying to have him fit into another clique.

It'd probably be necessary to remove any serious use of sex, drugs and violence...which is a pity, 'cause teenagers constantly deal with those three issues. Maybe a college game would free up the devloper to delve into this stuff?

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm.... "Force Ninjas"...? Won't work....

"Space Ninjas"?... getting closer, but still....

W00t, "School Ninjas" sounds just about right!

Ahem, I support this idea, but only if you have a few crafting skills thrown in. Like making your own 'School Ninja Smoke Bombs' in chemistry, or making your own 'School Ninja 100% Authentic Force Katana' during breaktime.

As for the rulesets, 's got to be 3.5E. Just think about the possibilities... a 'School Ninja/IT Geek/Cheerleader Stalker' multiclass! And the feats... "Skill focus: IT Geekness" "Devastating Critical: Force Katana" "Shower Room Stalker"(+5 bonus to hide when stalking in the girl's/guy's shower room"....

EDIT: Behold the divine power of the Ninjas!

ninjas.jpg

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin