Need some advice

Jumjalum

I'm having a few problems finding a xmas present for my 3 and a half year old nephew so my sister suggested getting him a game for his PC. I can't think of any suitable games for his age group, has anyone any experience in this kind of thing? Is there a good website for mini-gamers?

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Only thing I can think of is the educational stuff.

Ought to buy him one of those learning consoles (forget the name) but you can get sponge bob , scooby doo, telly tubbies and stuff like that for it. Even though it's still educational , the games are pretty good fun for the 3-5 age group.

I was going to suggest Sponge Bob, but it dosnt look like there is a PC version.

Early Learning Centre perhaps ?

This is the thing I was talking about. Probably dont want to spend that much though?

http://www.elc.co.uk/toy-33873

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Do what my folks did for me. Buy an enormous cardboard box. Fill it with woodshavings. Mix in a couple of hundred toy soldiers. Kept me busy all day findings the little swines, and then I had a fantastic box to play with!

Computer games can come later.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Do what my folks did for me. Buy an enormous cardboard box. Fill it with woodshavings.  Mix in a couple of hundred toy soldiers. Kept me busy all day findings the little swines, and then I had a fantastic box to play with!

Computer games can come later.

You never forget your first box :blink:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Well, it's his mum & dad's PC really but he likes playing on it. That ELC console looks very good just a little out of my price range at the moment so I may have to go with the trusty box. He has so many cool toys it's hard to keep up. :)

staringcontest8og.gif

I saw this system these kids were using the other day inwhich they used analog sticks made of wax and filled in shapes on a spreadsheet made of pressed wood pulp until they made complex images. The best thing about this system was that it was able to give the user almost absolute freedom in what they actually did to the sheets, some filled in the lines, some went outside. Even better, I hear this system is relatively cheap.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Get him F.E.A.R. :blink:

Definately. Don't want to hide the kids from real life, do we? :wacko:"

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Tinker Toys!! :cool:

Bedsheets+furniture+building blocks+a friend=a giant tent 'city' that covered my entire room. My mother wasn't too happy with that one.

And yeah, there's probably lots of sites that review games for children. Shrek2 seems to be a popular one, but I don't know if that's really appropriate for 3 year olds or not. I have no clue about young children, really. >_<

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hehe, she was partial to a bit of Gabriel Knight back in the day, Psychonauts is a good choice though. I don't know if I can get the little 'un Lego Star Wars as it involves chopping things with swords which his parents don't really want to encourage.

See the problem is his grandparents (my folks) have bought him a massive pirate ship so anything I get him is going to be pretty lame in comparison. I might as well just get him a big pile of sweeties.

staringcontest8og.gif

Hehe, she was partial to a bit of Gabriel Knight back in the day, Psychonauts is a good choice though.  I don't know if I can get the little 'un Lego Star Wars as it involves chopping things with swords which his parents don't really want to encourage.

See the problem is his grandparents (my folks) have bought him a massive pirate ship so anything I get him is going to be pretty lame in comparison.  I might as well just get him a big pile of sweeties.

Get him one of those large buckets of assorted lego. You know the ones with like 1000 pieces in it. Everyone loves lego.

I'm having a few problems finding a xmas present for my 3 and a half year old nephew so my sister suggested getting him a game for his PC.  I can't think of any suitable games for his age group, has anyone any experience in this kind of thing?  Is there a good website for mini-gamers?

Hmmm...let me look at my old CDs from when I was a (younger) kid Jump Start, Living Books...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

I'm having a few problems finding a xmas present for my 3 and a half year old nephew so my sister suggested getting him a game for his PC.  I can't think of any suitable games for his age group, has anyone any experience in this kind of thing?  Is there a good website for mini-gamers?

Hmmm...let me look at my old CDs from when I was a (younger) kid Jump Start, Living Books...

Commander Keen! :lol:"

I don't know if I can get the little 'un Lego Star Wars as it involves chopping things with swords which his parents don't really want to encourage.

They have blasters as well... :lol:

What do you think a pirate ship will encourage? Fair trade at sea?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Get him one of those large buckets of assorted lego. You know the ones with like 1000 pieces in it. Everyone loves lego.

I got him sticklebricks last year, but I'll ask if he'd like some lego. If all else fails I'll get him a Happyland Goosefeather Farm, that'll look really great next to his pirate ship *grumble*.

staringcontest8og.gif

Do they have Inquisition Legos these days?

Guess not. Oh well, that's what I've bought.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds