New Obsidian logo(movie clip thingy) proposal...

kirottu

Movie clip Obsidian logo thingy in beginning of Kotor 2 was kinda simplistic, not in anyway bad, but obsidian(black glass vulcanic stone thingy) is kinda too cool not to be used.

So my proposition for Obsdian logo movie clip would be black vulcanic stone(almost glassy) that reflects some moving light source until it reflects the light straight to camera blinding it for moment and then just white text on black background: Obsidian Entertainment.

You can post better ideas if you got them.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Movie clip Obsidian logo thingy in beginning of Kotor 2 was kinda simplistic, not in anyway bad, but obsidian(black glass vulcanic stone thingy) is kinda too cool not to be used.

So my proposition for Obsdian logo movie clip would be black vulcanic stone(almost glassy) that reflects some moving light source until it reflects the light straight to camera blinding it for moment and then just white text on black background: Obsidian Entertainment. 

You can post better ideas if you got them.

Or how about a volcano is erupting and than lava washes over the screen and than it slowing melts away reveling the Obsidian log but at first it's red but than it cools and becomes the black obsidian logo.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

^How about not?

Ju...Kirottu's idea is fine. Sounds a bit 'blizzardy'.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Or how about a volcano is erupting and than lava washes over the screen and than it slowing melts away reveling the Obsidian log but at first it's red but than it cools and becomes the black obsidiean logo.

Actually, if formed into a finished, coherent idea, this could work. Just cut out the actual eruption. That's just stupid.

Remember, punctuation is your friend. :p

sig2.gif

Well, that way it might work. I just think thunderstorms and eruptions are kind of lame in logos.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

The lava idea is more dramatic, but it makes red very prominent, and red doesn't seem to feature in Obsidian's colour scheme. Kirottu's idea is a paler, cooler image of light off the black stone, and I think I'd vote for that one.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yay for kirottu then.

Edit: A dev! :o

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

I was just throwing an idea out (I was thinking of the BI logo cinematic when I thought of the volcano). It doesn't have to be exactly like that or anything.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

:-

:)

:p

(w00t)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wow.. Kor Qel Droma's idea is actually VERY much how I had imagined it.

I can't believe I share the same brain as an Oiler's fan! :)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest MacLeodCorp
This is my take on the idea Kirottu has.  Mind you I made this sketch very quickly and I'm a little baked, but I think you get the idea.

imgp01609ih.jpg

I have seen this idea done thousands of times. Since I am in the graphic design industry, I need to keep track of current designs. So, I don't create a design that is similar to another company.

If Obsidian Ent. is making a logo, there should not being anything that defines them in one genre. For example, they are not SciFi exclusive. If they were SciFi, they would use something in that genre.

Obsidian Ent. has not found themselves yet, so I expect that they will have a definitive style in a few years.

Edited by MacLeodCorp

Or how about you see someone smiting something you can't see their face and the only light is coming from the fire. When ever he hits the anvil there's sparks than the camera so moves into a overview position while at the same time moving forward (it does this quickly). You see the words Obsidian in a steal like color. He hits it again. There's a flash. Than there's a black screen. First Obsidian appears in white. Then entertainment appears under that (also in white)

On sound,

when you see the guy hitting the anvil you'll hear a thunking metal sound. When the camera starts to zoom in it makes a whooshing sound (and maybe some drums). When the text appears it also makes a sound.

Edited by Craigboy2

I'd prefer if the title video had something to do with Obsidian.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

How about this, block of Obsidian, rising out of a gigantic pit of lava.

Kind of bobs around for awhile, and as it starts to cool, depressions start showing up in the block (forming the logo).

Lighting strikes or some other similarly bright light (I'm really crappy at this).

When you can see again, the logo is shining out of the Obsidian block in almost blinding white light.

• 4 weeks later...

What if you just let the logo be as it is?

The only adjustment it could MAYBE use is that the logo is a little changed/animated as the logo guy from LucasArts, and that kind of animation what KOTOR already had (remember logo as vibrating lighsaber-style), and this individually for all games.

Heck, Obsidian don't need lightning (Blizzard,Black Isle) no obelisk (Monolith), or anything else, just let it be 'himself'.

(I know ya guys have some connections to some of above ,but not neverless :D )

IB1OsQq.png

Okay, here is my view on this.

You have an opening similar (not exact due to copyright reasons) of the old Black Isle logo but the isle pans to an erupting volcano on the island which the camera then focuses a piece of obsidian flowing down the lava. With a flash your have the Obsidian Entertain logo edged on the piece of stone.

Edited by Judge Hades

Okay, here is my view on this. 

You have an opening similar (not exact due to copyright reasons) of the old Black Isle logo but the isle pans to an erupting volcano on the island which the camera then focuses a piece of obsidian flowing down the lava.  With a flash your have the Obsidian Entertain logo edged on the piece of stone.

Ya, I guess it could be something like hey were the guys who you know have made great RPGs but we're now a new company.