Just got back from Texas

Dark Moth

In case some of you happened to notice, I wasn't active these last few days as I was on a trip to San Antonio. (I know, I'm sure you all missed me) Despite the crappy hotel room, I had a great time for the most part.

The entire purpose of the trip though was to see my sister's graduation from the air force. She just finished basic training, is now an Airmen 1st Class, and will ship off to tech school very soon. She also graduated in the Honor Roll in her squadron, which is pretty impressive considering the privelege was only given to less than 10% of her graduating squadron. :D So now, she's offically part of the Air Force. Though her tech school is long, we'll at least get to see her during Christmas. :) And since she's part of the reserve, there's only a very small chance she'll actually have to go to Iraq (thankfully). :ph34r: *end bragging*

Some things San Antonio taught me were:

1. The Alamo is pretty small, though a lot of the original fort is gone. Also, they don't let you take pictures inside either. Strangely enough, there's no basement. :o

2. Most Texans actually don't walk around in cowboy hats and boots! :o Though there were a lot of Hispanics, as I suspected.

3. It's not all desert! The place actually has trees and grass! OMG!!!

4. The Riverwalk is a very nice and picturesque tour. :o

5. Ripley's Believe It or Not! Museum is not worth $18 per person, though there was some neat stuff in it.

6. There are a lot of birds down there, at least during winter. :ph34r:

7. Buckhorn Museum is a pretty neat place, especially the occasional "freak of nature" they have displayed here and there, such as a three-antlered buck. There was also this one section which displayed weird taxidermist creations, such as a crocodile head on a fish's body. :(

Edited by Mothman

Sounds quite droll.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

7.  Buckhorn Museum is a pretty neat place, especially the occasional "freak of nature" they have displayed here and there, such as a three-antlered buck.  There was also this one section which displayed weird taxidermist creations, such as a crocodile head on a fish's body.  :thumbsup:

That would be Buckhorn Saloon and Museum, according to their website. Rather quiet about the saloon part, weren't you? :wub: So were there cowboy reenactors, as advertised? It looks quite nice from the pictures, though perhaps not very vegetarian-friendly.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

You still lose the points but spellmar smiles at you for editing your post Mothie.  How else will teh kidz lurn to reed?

Thanks. :D By the way...

-10 T.O.M.B.S points for being nitpicky. :p

Buckhorn Museum and Saloon :p is an animal rights activist's nightmare! There were even chairs made almost entirely out of antlers! Probably the weirdest/freakiest thing I saw down there was a display of an 8-legged baby sheep! :thumbsup: Poor thing didn't live long, as you might expect. That was even weirder than the two-headed cow. BTW, there was also a fairly large model of a chapel built entirely out of matchsticks. And yes, there was a guy dressed up as a cowboy there who greeted us. We didn't have time to stop at the saloon, unfortunately. :wub:

Edited by Mothman

Every Texan has a relentless thirst for blood. Its what makes our state great. That and we used to be our own country.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

George Bush was born in Conn.

Just because he learned to charm the yankees down here don't blame us. Letting someone become governor of Texas is like letting someone be king for the day on their birthday, sounds good, but in truth they have little power.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

George Bush was born in Conn.

Just because he learned to charm the yankees down here don't blame us. Letting someone become governor of Texas is like letting someone be king for the day on their birthday, sounds good, but in truth they have little power.

Yeah, but he's a Texan. So's LBJ. I was born in California, but I'm a Virginian. Which is why I can make snide remarks about states' presidential records with impunity.

Bush is no more a Texan then Yao-Ming

He must be Texan, who else would dare to take responsibility for his legacy? Alaska?... Come to think of it, I saw some footage on the Daily Show, that Alaskan senator is huge ****ing ****.

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.