Comment on Obsidian Entertainment

Child of Flame

I had a lot of leave saved up, and my wife's out of town until Christmas. I finally got the opportunity to geek out a little. I don't really know if you can call me a gamer, having purchased and played KotOR II for the first time ever about three weeks ago.

It's a problem that runs in the males of my family. If we're not closely watched by our women, we tend to geek out. My father, for example, was a fighter pilot and later a carrier captain; you'd think that'd be enough. But no, the old guy is an avid Battlefield 2 and Counter-Strike player. Go figure, huh?

Edit: He also played a lot of Aces Over Europe, which I find highly ironic. Back in the old days, of course. We played the crap out of that game.

Edited by Commissar

Play it already. It's fine without the restoration project.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Don't make K3 and you make all warm and fuzzy inside.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Yeah, that would have been lame.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

That's so original. Smells like certain Biodweeb.

kirottu said:

Really, the Jefferson gag was so spontaneous, so from the blind spot, that it left me in fits. Especially because Ramza had just made and onslaught of Black Dog fanatism.

kirottu said:

http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?sh...ndpost&p=259974

To clarify, ramza is one of the worse fanatics I've seen in internet. I mean, sure; fandom towards Jefferson(aka BG 3) is a worthy cause, but enough is enough. Even with fanboiiis.

Edit: Damn it; one of my first and worst posts is also on that thread. :p

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

Really, the Jefferson gag was so spontaneous, so from the blind spot, that it left me in fits. Especially because Ramza had just made and onslaught of Black Dog fanatism.

What the hell are you guys talking about?

One of the best pranks on this board. Might even be better than the fake Kotor III link :D

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey Jan.

kirottu said:

Hey Mus! :(

Hm... Think I just posted something, but I'm experiencing some heavy lag on this server or this part of the world and it seems like it got lost.

Obsidian, so far you're sort of like an abusive lover with the K2 and the ignoring and stuff.

I agree and more. Fortunately BioWare (ALL HAIL BIOWARE!!!) came to the rescue, BUT... I think Obs still owes us for not extending the gratitude by showering us with a rocking awesome sequel to K1. K2 is not even close to the best of Obs abilities. Pretty staggering performance saved by great skill and routine, Obs, but don't let it consume you...save some for the dark side too. Hopefully the time used on 'ignoring' and 'stuff' is spend on improving the rest.

(Signatures: disabled)