Hmm... Change of mind

Not going to do anouther big long reply as Band just grasping at straws and making crap up as she goes along now. Christ, 90% of her answers dont even make any sence anymore! Least before she was just copying what she saw others reply in the past.

However, since I already answered the following quote lets see if I can make it so even Band understands:

Now it's my turn to laugh. Let me follow your format.

IF you were familiar with the game you would know that female main characters do not get Handmaiden in their party.

IF you had actually read through my posts, you would have heard me mentioning having Disciple in my party. So much for your first point.

Atris should matter if you're going to fight her. But all you get is a conversation between her and Kreia which amounts to:

"Oh, by the way, you follow the Dark Side."

"Wow, I guess I do."

So much for point two. I fail to find that believable.

I don't think I played through the game on a quest for ancient Jedi knowledge. Must have been one of the things I missed while trying to find the remaining Jedi masters to conquer the hidden Sith.

Actually, IF you were familiar with the game you would realize it was written for a MALE LIGHTSIDE Exile! Ive played all the female and darkside options and while nice diversions, the MAIN story is MALE LIGHTSIDE! Thats the design that everything falls into place!

So you can go on and on about female and darkside all you want. All it shows is you never fully played the game as designed. Female and darkside were added as "OPTIONAL" games for future playthroughs. Obsidian did a great job but just like K1, they were unable to make all the peices fall into perfect place!

Hense, all your complaints are nonsence and void until you actually do that one simple thing!

And for the record, K1 didnt run as smooth when you played female either BECAUSE Revan was designed as male lightside for the story.

Hell, JE didnt run as smooth when you started into the "OPTIONAL" play throughs as well.

Every game has ONE specific style that its designed for. K1 and K2 were MALE LIGHTSIDE!

Play that, then you will have a clue what your speaking about!

Let me guess, you watch a exibition game in sports and think the players there are playing to their full potential as well? What part of OPTIONAL are you having such a hard time with?

About Atris, for me reasons to kill her are quite simple:

If male - you want save handmaiden

If darkside - Atris is last Jedi that Exile want to kil to get his revenge

If lighside - atris is corrupted by darkside and must be stopped from spreading her teachings.

The main problem is that this motives arent all well explained in the game, but i think that it is effect of rushing the game.

Oh, and if you really think Forgotten Realms novels are "deep as puddle", then I think you need to read them a little more critically.

And you need to read things with a bit more gravitas.

The FR novels are mass produced "trash" thats not to say you cant enjoy them. They dont challenge the reader and some people like that. You can say the same about KOTOR it dosnt challenge you to think like KOTORII does.

Given that you have absolutely no knowledge of my reading habits, I find your commentary to be misplaced. I think that if you're looking for fantastic, artful writing in a computer game, you're missing the point. It's a game, not a novel. As long as it has a reasonably coherent plot (and we'll pretend that KOTOR 2 does, since you seem so captivated by it), that's good enough for me. Why? Because I want to play a GAME. Ever hear of them? They're not quite the same thing as a novel, and they're not meant to be. Oh, and for someone who likes to put on intellectual airs, your command of spelling and punctuation is a bit questionable.

Edited by Ranger0087

That's true. It was easy to figure out that Kreia was the Big Bad tm as soon as you first meet her when she is 'faking' her death. LOL

What thinking does KOTOR2 require?  It's set up exactly the same way KOTOR1 is - go collect x  items... opp star maps... oops jedi masters. LOL

I think both games are about equal, and both Obsidian (in the past for those memebers who worked at BIS) and BIO have done much better stuff with BG series,  JE, PST, and FO2.

KOTOR1 has a superior main character, a more realistic main villain that you aren't forced to travel with, some better written quest, and much less bugs over KOTOR2.

KOTOR2 has better useage of skills in dialogue (one of the best games ever in that regard), and Obsidian went 2/3 of using old KOTOR characters in ameaningful way (the two robots with the smaller one being much better done) over KOTOR1.

Neither KOTOR is deep, and neithe requires a greta thinking ability.

Kreia is nothing more than your typical hatemonger dedidctaed to wiping her enemies out.  She is just another Malak. Sure, they give her lots of dialogue that tries to sound deep but ultimately falls flat when it comes down to the same thing - Jedi and more specifically evil. She complains about others seeing things in black and white yet she is more guilty of anyone of doing just that. LOL

At least, while Malak is not deep (afterall, his main purpose is to antagonize the player) I'd rtaher have a 'shallow, obvious' villain than a 'shallow, obvious' villian who talks a lot.

Both games are around 75-80%. Good, and fun. But I felt no need to finish them a second time though I most definitely tried to.

That sums up how I feel about the game pretty well, except that I did enjoy playing them both over again. And personally, I prefer Malak to Kreia. Kreia's a little "heavier", so to speak, but her long ramblings just get a little tedious after the first play-through. Plus, she's just so insanely evil, it bugs me to have to be nice to her.

Well Exile is Techinelly a Dark Side Male

LOL DS, no TECHNICALLY hes Lightside male :ermm:

Just look at the story and the more developed NPCs.

Handmaiden only appears if you go male and is an IMPORTANT part to the full story, hense you know its a male not female main character.

Mira only appears for lightside game and is 1000 times more developed and again more important to the story then Hanharr, hense you know game designed around lightside storyline.

I mean, its not rocket science, people can go into the story and pull out vague fragments (as has happened in other threads) but as is true with pretty much everything out there. The most obvious and simplist version is the truth.

One just needs to look at the characters involved.

It was obvious from word go in the darkside game that Hanharr was added in after the fact as a after thought for that optional play. He doesnt fit the storyline nor the npc make up what so ever.

As for disciple, welp the most OBVIOUS part there is he has no connection to Atris (unlike Handmaiden) who is an important part of the story.

Male Lightside was the intended character for K2, everything else is just optional (sure its fun but it just doesnt fit in places).