Hmm... Change of mind

If not for the big rush at the end this thread would likely not exist.

KOTOR is fantasy "trash" thats what it has going for it. It's simple to undertand, dosnt challenge you to think and anyone who couldnt see that plot twist coming is obviously perfectly suited to that type of game.

If you think about any of the popularity contests, "trash" wins over accomplishment.

In KOTOR II there is a lot of stuff going on and you need to think about how those threads connect. Not a huge deal but the "missing" ending will alienate anyone who just wants an easy answer.

You were playing K1 knowing you were Revan on your first playthrough :wacko: sure

I think some of those assumptions are a bit off.  I'm sure I remember Kreia mentioning something like "if he helps his companions, he's going to weaken himself."  Looking at the cut content threads, I think all of them are supposed to be there except Bao-Dur.

Well, right. Looking at the cut content, it's clear that at least some of your party members were supposed to be on Malachor with you. Looking at what's actually in the game, however, it appears that only Mira, the remote, and possibly T3 - to fly the ship - came along.

You were playing K1 knowing you were Revan on your first playthrough  :luck: sure

Yes worked it out on the second planet then had to wait till the game caught up.

Bioware can't do sophisticated plot twists simple as that saw through Aribeth, Revan and Sun Li. Their problem is they put in this bit "twist" and then leave clues that could be neon signs all the way through. I wouldnt object if the game actually played on the same page as you, but the character stays completely ignorant till the right time. So while you may have been going "WOW" with suprise on the Leviathon I was going "about bloody time too" !

I mean you have to be a bit dense not to put all those clues together prior to Korriban dont you ?

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Yes worked it out on the second planet then had to wait till the game caught up."

What was your second planet?

Kashyyk

You know when the computer questions you ? At that point I had two theories one I was a clone of Revan constructed by the republic to find the star forge. Two I was Revan with Amnesia.

There were really no other possible scenerios after that.

I suspected something during the conversations with the Jedi though. It was like they were going over old ground rather than actually training. I think it was the "Should the Dark Lord return line" that tipped me off.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"You know the bit I mean then I take it.

Is that where you worked it out too ?"

I already knew about the revelation when I finally got to play KotOR. But, yeah, there's no way not to figure it out before Leviathan if you do Kashyyk. Bio really dropped the ball there.

9/30 -- NEVER FORGET!

I already knew about the revelation when I finally got to play KotOR. But, yeah, there's no way not to figure it out before Leviathan if you do Kashyyk. Bio really dropped the ball there.

One of the things I liked most about KOTOR II was there was none of that.

478327[/snapback]

That's true. It was easy to figure out that Kreia was the Big Bad tm as soon as you first meet her when she is 'faking' her death. LOL

What thinking does KOTOR2 require? It's set up exactly the same way KOTOR1 is - go collect x items... opp star maps... oops jedi masters. LOL

I think both games are about equal, and both Obsidian (in the past for those memebers who worked at BIS) and BIO have done much better stuff with BG series, JE, PST, and FO2.

KOTOR1 has a superior main character, a more realistic main villain that you aren't forced to travel with, some better written quest, and much less bugs over KOTOR2.

KOTOR2 has better useage of skills in dialogue (one of the best games ever in that regard), and Obsidian went 2/3 of using old KOTOR characters in ameaningful way (the two robots with the smaller one being much better done) over KOTOR1.

Neither KOTOR is deep, and neithe requires a greta thinking ability.

Kreia is nothing more than your typical hatemonger dedidctaed to wiping her enemies out. She is just another Malak. Sure, they give her lots of dialogue that tries to sound deep but ultimately falls flat when it comes down to the same thing - Jedi and more specifically evil. She complains about others seeing things in black and white yet she is more guilty of anyone of doing just that. LOL

At least, while Malak is not deep (afterall, his main purpose is to antagonize the player) I'd rtaher have a 'shallow, obvious' villain than a 'shallow, obvious' villian who talks a lot.

Both games are around 75-80%. Good, and fun. But I felt no need to finish them a second time though I most definitely tried to.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Omg, TSL better than KotoR 1 ? Thats most ridicoulus thing that iv ever heard. Lets find out why:

In KotoR the party members were have much more interesting personnalities, and there was much more dialogue content (i think about 50% - 25% average) per character that in TSL. In TSL, theres only one char who is comparable to those from original geame - Kreia. Handmaiden is bad quality equivalent of Bastila, with simple and borring personnality, similar as Visas. where are those "rommantic affairs" with Bastila ?! In TSL the both Ladies are in love (or something likt that;) ) with You nearly from the beggining , and i dont like this. Atton is quite nice haracter, ok, but hes not better than average, compared to Jolee, Bastila or Kreia. Droids, especially HK are playing very insignificant roles (drawback of rushing the game <_< ), and Goto i also very iritating and boriding char. Mandalore dont speak to much either, so we dont have to much chances to "get close" to this char. Bao-dur speaks much but his extreamly irritating voice make makes all conversations nearly painfull. And whos left ? Hanharr, Mira and Disciple. About Disciple i cant say anything, because i dont ever played as female, and the Hanhar is ok. But only OK, not COOL or smth (se my point about Atton). Hes story is lacking depth of Zalbars one. And, on the end - Mira. Il be brief - how do you think, how many pinquins (bounty hunters with ethics and morality) lives on desert (Narshadda) ? You get my point >_< ?

Lets now consider the overall plot - In KotoR : We have bad Sith, Good Jedi, NICE suprise in the middle of the game, when Malak tell us that we are Revan, epic duel with opur fallen love (and chance to return her to ligh side), and about 30h of extraemly interesting game (if youre on LS. If otherwise, i agree, the DS plot is little crappy). What we have in TSL ? Borring 45 min with hacking through stupid droids on Peragus, Borring hacking through aliens and droids at underground base on Nar Shadda and Gotos ship, and the main "suprise" is that with Kreias betrayal, wich was predictible from the first "movie" with her and Siths (of course i dont say that her plan to destroy Sith, Jedi etc at once was predictible, but thing that shes "up to something" WAS, even more than that "revan plot" in K1). There is also lack "ending" worth this name. We just "fly far, far away" or staying at Malachor (what for ?).

Considering this i really cant understand people who are saing that TSL is better than KotoR. Thats all i want to say, have nice day (and i hope that you understand what i was trying to say despite my poor english ;) )

Edited by Czulu

So the fact that in K1 the plot was obvious after 2 planets and you spend two thirds of the game whacking droids, mandalorians, spiders and kath hounds doesn't matter a bit? I mean; I do enjoy combat; if it's well done and requires at least a small amount of preparation and thought(like in BG 2 for instance), I can survive through zounds and zounds of it without getting bored. K1 had none of that.

Speed+Flurry+Heal+Speed+Flurry+Heal+Transfer+Speed....

I can't really comment on your other points, due to not having played K2 and therefore lacking comparison.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Why are you guys arguing with fanboys?

I thought these boards were rightfully deserted by most of you.

Alos K1 is ****.That is all.

Hola, Baley.

Do join in, instances like this are rare nowadays.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

I can't really comment on your other points, due to not having played K2 and therefore lacking comparison.

Dont get me wrong but if you dont played TSL it is little pointless to take voice in this discussion. but....

So the fact that in K1 the plot was obvious after 2 planets and you spend two thirds of the game whacking droids, mandalorians, spiders and kath hounds doesn't matter a bit?

Hacking madalorians etc, making interesting quests, resquing your love (i relly liked Bastila - as for computer char of course :D) and preparing to kick ass of the main badass. Mabe thats just me but i like such cheap dramaticism :p . In TSL we doesnt have even that much, any any thing that was forcing me to THINK were those all lose ends, cut plots etc...

"So the fact that in K1 the plot was obvious after 2 planets and you spend two thirds of the game whacking droids, mandalorians, spiders and kath hounds doesn't matter a bit? I mean; I do enjoy combat; if it's well done and requires at least a small amount of preparation and thought(like in BG 2 for instance), I can survive through zounds and zounds of it without getting bored. K1 had none of that."

KOTOR2's combat was even easier than the eays KOTOR1 combat. And, it's plot was even more obvious consideirng that the main villainess was obviously in your party from the start.

You should play KOTOR2. It's a fun game. :cool:

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I'm going to eventually. When the bargain bins offer that opportunity. I'm not spendin 50 euros to buy a game, any game.

kirottu said:

Internal T1 with a hub run by an administrator that's not yours truly. No torrents and/or p2p for this joint.

kirottu said:

Our admin, the dude who has control over the network, doesn't allow some methods of data transfer, including torrents and p2p.

kirottu said:

For compartive purposes.

Kotor is a Forgotten Realms novel - entertaining but about as deep as puddle.

KOTOR II is the Silmarilion - Not straghtforward but that much more rewarding for those who can grasp it.

Yeah, I have to agree with you. KOTOR Two should have come first. It felt out of place.

(Marine Axiom)

Sweat Dries

Blood Clots

Bones Heal

SUCK IT UP!