Atris species is Echani right?

Also i was paying more attention to the story, feels like maybe Kreia is Master Kae, consequently Brianna

"Be mindful of the currents of the living Force; to do one's duty is not always to do right. Concern yourself with the right action. Let duty take care of itself."

-Qui-Gon's voice to Anakin Skywalker

"

Atris is a crippled zabrak.

I suppose I always assumed she was human. Aren't Echani human?

Has anyone else noticed that I post a lot of spam?

If anyone had, I'm sure they would never mention it. You do realise that every time someone posts in teeny tiny letters I have to cut and paste it into a text document before I can read it?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Has anyone else noticed that I post a lot of spam?

If anyone had, I'm sure they would never mention it. You do realise that every time someone posts in teeny tiny letters I have to cut and paste it into a text document before I can read it?

Really? :huh:

Just checking.

^Asinus asinorum in saecula saeculorum

Arren Kae is too insignificant of a character for Kreia to be her using an alias. More likely, Kreia is just Kreia. Also Darth Traya.

As for Atris, I'd always thought she was ordinary human, but I guess her hair and eyes do look a little like those of the handmaidens.

As for Atris, I'd always thought she was ordinary human, but I guess her hair and eyes do look a little like those of the handmaidens.

in terms of her white hair and stuff I just consider it part of her character of being the Ice Queen Jedi (since everything about her is white-ish angelic in some way).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

Echani is not a species. They are a human race. And there is no confirmation that Atris is an Echani, and I doubt it, since they don't usually become Jedi.

While Kreia and Kae may be the same person, the consensus seems to be that they are not. Search the forum for more details (and a closed poll).

Edited by Sikon

While Kreia and Kae may be the same person, the consensus seems to be that they are not. Search the forum for more details (and a closed poll).

Fan polls don't decide what is and isn't in a game. If Obsidian meant for Kreia to be Master Kae, then why should there be any disputing it. Everything to support the idea seems to be pretty much in place and I think it is a great backstory.

Revan was Kreia's Padawan. He trained under many masters, but Kae was his most influencial. When the characters speak of all the masters Revan trained under, Kae seems to be at the forefront of information. Also, Kreia was his first master. Then, he traveled to others to learn all he could from them. But in the end, returned to Kae (oops, I meant Kreia).

Kreia had a troubled history with the Jedi Council. More than likely, her views were far from what they wanted them to be. She even stated that every padawan was viewed as a failure in their eyes. And we know that Kae didn't listen to the Council very much, either, because 1) She followed Revan to war, and 2) She had an extra-marital affair with Yushanis...resulting in Brianna.

Look at it this way...If Kreia isn't Kae, then how does Mical recognize who she is? If they are not one and the same, then why do the Masters recognize her and state that she was supposed to have died at Malachor? Kreia never said she fought in any war, but Mical did say, when listing some of Revan's teachers, "Master Kae, before Kae left for the War."

Also, why would Kreia not want you to train Brianna as a Jedi. She would have prefered to have the Jedi bloodline die out with Brianna. It may be possible, that after much internal struggle, she views herself as a failure and did not want her daughter to follow that legacy. Or perhaps she did not want the exile to open her up to the Force because her intention, all along, was to kill it. Thereby possibly killing Brianna in the process. So she urged you, the exile, to keep from it; hoping to protect her only child. :(

Kreia might be twisted in her views of the Force, but she is not evil. I feel that she does have a heart, and feels compassion for others, and was only trying to protect her daughter from either a legacy of failure or possible certain death...if she is Arren Kae.

But there are things that supports both the theories that say she is, and the theories that say she isn't. But until any official word says otherwise, I'm going to assume that she is. :o

"Learn to harness your anger and control your fear. Dominate your emotions! But do not let them overcome you; for they can surely cause you to fall to the dark side.

If you expect to win against a Sith then you need to fight like a Sith! If you do not, you will always be met with defeat."

-- Jedi Master Seraphis Dakari

Fan polls don't decide what is and isn't in a game. If Obsidian meant for Kreia to be Master Kae, then why should there be any disputing it. Everything to support the idea seems to be pretty much in place and I think it is a great backstory.

But since we have no idea what Obsidian meant, we must presume that they were distinct. Similarly, if in KOTOR I there was no direct revelation that the PC is Revan (only hints, like those shown in the flashback, about the Council muttering how you are a "special case"), and if the PC was never addressed as Revan, we would have to presume otherwise - that the PC is not Revan, but actually a Republic soldier from Deralia, because we don't have a crystal ball and cannot decide for the developers. Maybe they later decide to scratch this idea. Provided how many much uglier retcons we already have, it would be hardly surprising.

Another example. Even though it was blatantly obvious that Darth Sidious was Palpatine, the Databank didn't mention that after ROTS. Before ROTS, the Databank entry on Darth Sidious said, "Homeworld: Unknown. Species: Unknown." because there still was some possibility, albeit dismal, that Lucas would make Darth Sidious someone else than Palpatine. Maybe an evil Palpatine look-alike manipulating the honest Chancellor, I don't know.

In case of Kreia and Kae, it's much less obvious, and the possibility of them being not the same is much, much greater. So, until an official source says, "Kreia is Kae" or "Kreia is not Kae", we have to presume the latter and treat them as two distinct persona.

Besides, fan polls do decide one thing: how many fans will be satisfied or disssatisfied with a certain decision. In this case, we see that in general, it will be easier for fans to accept that Kreia was not Kae than that she was.

Edited by Sikon

I'd have to say, I'd be pretty surprised if Enchani are not humans of some sort.

Secondly I would think that if Kreia was Kae it would be remarkable difficult for it not to manifest itself in a more definite link then so much conjecture from the bored. She never really said anything like, "In my dealings with the Enchani I find them to be an extremely good lay." or something of the like that would more directly implicate her.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Atris is an Echani or she's a human who hair has aged quickly.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester