Worst KotOR Planet

What is your least favourite planet from Kotor1+2?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What is your least favourite planet from Kotor1+2?

• Peragus II
    • Korriban (K2)
    • Dantooine (K2)
    • Tatooine
    • Malachor V
    • Manaan
    • Other
    • I loved them all
    • Nar Shaddaa

I had to vote Korriban - plot-wise, there's virtually no reason to go there. Even the cave sequence, while somewhat interesting, feels like a waste of time (except the opportunity to get some major light/dark side points).

Some have bad-mouthed Taris - I liked Taris - it was a pretty good tutorial level, if a bit long, but it was fairly challenging. Not a big fan of Peragus, though.

I think it's a credit to Taris that it isn't one of the most hated planets even though you don't have many (or particularly interesting) party members to choose from, you have limited weapons, weak foes and of course, you aren't a Jedi. That the planet is still really enjoyable on your Nth run through is impressive.

I would have voted for Telos. I hate Telos because it's so amazingly linear. You have two choices, which equate to your light or darkside choice for the whole game, so essentially no choice. My first time on Telos I was so relieved to be off Peragus then immediately so dissapointed once I realised I wasn't making any decisions. You want to be light side and not help Luxa kill her boss? Tough, you're going. You want to stop Luxa and Slussk fighting? Tough. You want to NOT threaten Slussk afterwards. No chance. All this and Kreia and Atton don't have anything to say to you.

Peragus was terrible of course. it would have been fun were it half the length and with less cryptic clues about how you ended up there.

I liked Manaan. Not as much as any of the other K1 planets, but it was okay. I tend to avoid the Sunry trial though.

And of course, Malachor was such a dissapointment because of the rushed ending. Manaan may be dull but you at least know why you're there, where your party are and what you're supposed to be doing.

I've got to say i absolutely detested Korriban in K2, as i see absolutely no point in it, especially since there is nobody inside the Academy. I wouldn't have minded as much if there was more people there, or there was more to do throughout all of the planet :p

Peragus II, basically because it kept crashing there for me, and in no other places, or rarely in other places in the game. ALso, needed more conversation type stuff.

Korriban in K2 comes a very close scond because it's only real purpose was for you to meet Sion for the first time (as in your character), and to do that test. Otherwise, it was a totally boring and pointless escapade.

That's crazy! Ewoks and Wookiees are brilliant! Just imagine having one of those as your buddy/pet, its like a walking hug machine :-

ON-topic, Kashyyyk is actually brilliant, i would probably live there (in the trees of course) if i could :-

I think it's a credit to Taris that it isn't one of the most hated planets even though you don't have many (or particularly interesting) party members to choose from, you have limited weapons, weak foes and of course, you aren't a Jedi. That the planet is still really enjoyable on your Nth run through is impressive.

Personally, by my 2nd playthrough I didn't like Taris, because I knew that I couldn't be Jedi until Dantooine, and I only had 20 levels to play with, so I found myself trying to fight my way through while using as few levels as possible. I just wanted to get to the Enclave and become a Jedi

Am I the only person here who wasn't bothered by Manaan? :o (okay, the selkath themselves bothered me a little, bu that's it)

Voted Peragus II. It's easily the most boring part of K2, with Malachor V a close second. The devs could have cut Peragus's length by 75% and it would have been fine. :(

Manaan. I find those Selkath just as annoying as I do wookiees. Burn those planets.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Guest MacLeodCorp
Am I the only person here who wasn't bothered by Manaan?  :o  (okay, the selkath themselves bothered me a little, bu that's it)

Voted Peragus II.  It's easily the most boring part of K2, with Malachor V a close second.  The devs could have cut Peragus's length by 75% and it would have been fine.  :huh:

I hear you on both accounts man! You are not alone... :)

I have nothing against Peragus II. I actually like it, believe it or not(and even if you don't belive it, I would still like it :blink:" :D ). Yes, I know it is quite long, but it is one of the few(if not the only) challenging palces in the game. I also has less bugs than some of the other planets. The only bad thing is to get a jedi robe or a light sabre crystal from a crate because of the random loot generator, but that is not a real pain. :o"

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Malachor V

When flying to this planet I thought like wow! This is gonna be cool.

When at the surface and the further I got though I began to pray for a Kotor2 map editor so I could edit the models I mean... how sharp can those rocks there get I? Amateur work - that's what it looks like.

LA: Hey! You gotta finish M5 cuz we need to release!

Obs.: OK so we have like uh... 5 minutes to make the whole map model... a few samples, Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V... there! Malachor V! (w00t)

Hey look my combat mode is on... what's that? A storm beast! Wow! And there? Another storm beast! Just can't get enought of them! After beating all I didn't see anything but the combat mode is on! What does that mean? A storm beast again! Wow!

Hey the large door closed! And what's that comming in front of me? Another storm beast but... it's stronger and bigger! OMG the award winning variety of enemies (w00t)

Plus Sith Assasins kneel before you to say "welcome to the show! here thousands of students have been preparing themselves for years just to charge at you now and try to stab a lightsaber into your skull! After that is the super-boss Kreia and right before her the most whinning Sith Lord ever - you must be strong cuz those who pity him will die."

Edited by Darth Kavar

Peragus may have been a little better if you had a chance to save some of the miners

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

Personally I felt that Korriban in K2 was the worst because there was nothing to do. It takes all of 10 minutes to finish the acadamy and maybe another 20 to do the cave, which isn't even required. Aside from the cave which really isn't technically one, there are no side quests on Korriban, nothing to do at all. Peragus comes in a close second because most of what you do there is required to adnvance the game.

i'm surprised that Manaan is thought of as second worst in this poll. i really enjoyed it. you have the Genharaadan or however you spell that, the court case, the sith base, and the luny guy in the locker that says "here fishy fishy! you will never get me in here!! HAHAHA" and then you choose the option (insert lightsaber into locker) and he goes "AAAAAAAAAAAAA!" and falls out

Personally, I loved having to unravel the mystery of "what happened to the miners?" 

Besides, you get to save Atton & Kreia, at least... :luck:

You get to save a sith lord that will try to kill you no matter what at the end of the game? i think if it was shorter or had more npc's on it, it would've been better.

and after you play through once you know what happened to the miners. so to have to play through the same alright mystery again and again is boring for me. replayability comes into play here

Edited by Blank

Peragus may have been a little better if you had a chance to save some of the miners

Personally, I loved having to unravel the mystery of "what happened to the miners?"

Besides, you get to save Atton & Kreia, at least... ;)

Meh. By the end of Peragus, I could've cared less about what happened to the miners. By that time the only thing I thought while playing was "get me out of this place, get me out of this place, get me out of this place..."

And honestly, I would have left both Atton and Kreia on Peragus if I could have. >_<