Greatest PnP RPG clich

A group of player characters who don't try and set fire to everything.

hah .. this was pretty funny, because I've actually never had a game, with my group, were someone didn't try to set fire to something. >_<

clich

Fortune favors the bald.

My Chaotic Neutral Wild Mage will pick the side of whomever is funniest.

He's not a PnP character, though. I've never actually PnPed and I doubt anyone would want to with me. I get my friend's characters killed often enough in console and computer games.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

[*]Not being attacked by pirates every single time you embark on a sea voyage longer than a day.

I've done this one. Mostly because we attacked the pirates.

[*] The Druid who never gets angry, because that wouldn't be Truely Neutral (though it would be humanistic.)

I agree with this one. Why is True Neutral equivelent to Jedi? When I play a True Neutral character, he or she quite often gets angry or upset when the balance hangs in the balance (sorry).

Edited by TrueNeutral

What's a wild mage? One that didn't get their weetabix?

A wild mage is a mage with some random elements thrown into the character. All casts are modified by between -2 and +2 caster levels and there is a 5% chance of something wacky happening whenever they cast. They could accidentally change their own gender, the targets gender, cast the same spell twice, or destroy all of their own gold. I've heard of cows falling from the sky in some instances. They also get some extra spells that help them cause these wild surges to occur intentionally and modify it in their potential favor.

I believe they're actually in the D&D 2.5 (or whatever BGII was based on) rules. And I've heard from numerous people they're a prestige class in 3.5.

It's not usually instant death for the caster, but you won't make a playthrough of Baldur's Gate II without causing the death of someone you didn't mean to. I once cast magic missle in the D'Arnise keep while standing at the back of the party, it Wild Surged and instead cast a high level spell that put the rest of my party to sleep. My entire group was maimed.

It's funny because in BGII, it'll also Wild Surge Bhaalspawn powers. Cure Light Wounds can be a very dangerous thing to do.

Edited by Tale

The Wild Mage and Wild Magic are detailed in the Tome of Magic for 2nd Ed. AD&D (copyright 1991 by TSR). While BG1 mostly focuses on the core rulebooks, BG2 draws from the various supplemental books for things like Wild Magic, kits, and high level abilities.

Wild Mage is perfect for soloing. Cast whatever, and just keep casting. Random mayhem ensues as enemies burst in multicolored chunks of flesh that spawn squirrels once they hit the ground and the main character gets bovine intervention every 30th spell.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

My Chaotic Neutral Wild Mage will pick the side of whomever is funniest.

I believe this would make a better, or at least more coherent, policy for the UN security council to follow.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"I believe this would make a better, or at least more coherent, policy for the UN security council to follow."

Drinking beer when I read that... Now Ive got beer running through my nose because you made me laugh like a madman...

-Farb

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

"I believe this would make a better, or at least more coherent, policy for the UN security council to follow."

Drinking beer when I read that... Now Ive got beer running through my nose because you made me laugh like a madman...

-Farb

...Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen it...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.