Another feed back post..

is Vampire masquerade bloodlines any good, i had bought it once and went to install it on a computer i had a while back and it installed and everything but my comp. was at like the bare minimum system requirments so i never got to play(it was completely pointless to try and keep playing) so i was woundering if the game play is any good, and is it a MMO or wat?

It's just a single player RPG.  It does have hefty system requirements, but despite some bugs I really enjoyed the game experience.

yea i remember just seeing the cover of the box, it caught my eye at the store so i walked over and read the stuff and i was like wow this sounds cool im gunna buy it and was all excited only to have my ****ty comp not run it...but i'll soon have a good enough computer to run it and thats why i've been posting a bunch of stuff about games and whats cool and whats not, and so ill have to give this one another try (and actually get to play it =-o)

Bloodlines is actually a really really good CRPG, one of the best ever made. It does, however suffer from memory leaks and bugs aswell as the classical "rushed ending" that is also quite anticlimactic.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I don't know, maybe I'm just an elitist, but between the messed up code in his sig, plus the crappiness of it, buying a game without looking at the minimum requirements, and getting ready to purchase an Alienware computer I've made my call. 

Plus he's made three threads already and he's been here less than a week, his netiquette sucks.

I kind of know what you mean, but this fora(no to mention every other forum on the internet) has an ample amount goons just like him. Nothing really new here, so I'm moving along.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

VtM:B is a very good game, well worth playing. If there were a deluge of quality RPGs being released, I could understand someone giving it a miss because of the bugs, but beggars can't be choosers. It has faults, but it's a great story, interesting characters, well acted, and lots of fun.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Way to welcome the new guy. I swear some of you are like Senator Mccarthys of Jodo. you see him everywhere.

Hello! *waves at new guy*

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That's so August.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Bloodlines is an excellent game. Make sure your computer matches the recommended requirements or better.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

BL is a good game. Not great; but good.

Pros - Role-playing, Characters, and Dialogue (for most of it)

Negatives - Combat, Bugs, Combat, The Endings, Combat

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

BL is a good game. Not great; but good.

Pros - Role-playing, Characters, and Dialogue (for most of it)

Negatives - Combat, Bugs, Combat, The Endings, Combat

In agreement on the combat, but only ranged was crappy. Melee was sort of enjoyable to me.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

It ran just fine on my old AMD 2600 with an old Radeon 9700(not the pro version) so it will run just fine on your comp.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

How badly optimized is the game?  I'm thinking of giving it a shot, but I atleast want acceptable frame rates.

P4 @ 3.6ghz, 1.0GB of Ram, ATI x800xl...  will I be getting decent performance?

Heh, yes. You should have zero problems running the game with that rig.

I hope your right.

My buddy has the same setup as me, except a 3.2 P4 and a 6800 GT... It's run alright for the most part, but some of the out door areas butcher his FPS (20!).

I don't understand it either... Source runs like a dream, but this doesn't.

Source does not run like a dream. I've had some of the same dreaded sound glitches I've had in HL2 in Bloodlines.

When it slows down like that, tell him to exit the game and restart, then get back into it. The code suffers from some pretty bad memory leaks, that get worse the longer you play. I've never had any problems before about six hours or so, but then again, I exit pretty much any unneccessary processes before playing.

My rig isn't as good as yours either, I need to upgrade, but have been trying to wait until all the new standards come out.

And I have money.

I don't know that anyone could ever run VtM:B without a glitch or occasional slowdown, but your computer should have fewer problems than most. Don't forget to install the official patch and the latest fan patch.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)