I could use a little support...

Rhomal

Oh common now.  Play one disgruntled spikey hair kid with a really big sword and you have played them all.

Only Cloud is a spikey hair kid with a big sword. Your showing your ignorance of the games :rolleyes:

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Agreed. People refer to them as the RPG king (Mainly people who have only played Bioware games). It gets pretty anooying.

BTW, doesn't Bioware only have two competiter's? Obsidian and Bethesda (And maybe Troika)?

Obsidan not yet although perhaps at some point in the future.

Troika has gone the way of the dodo and it's not like it wasnt deserved.

Bethesda make very different games from Bioware, almost the opposite of Bioware in fact. Where as bioware games put you on a story path with little freedom Bethesda put you in a big world and tag on the story as an afterthought.

I guess if you could combine the two and had the machine to do it justice you would have something that wolud improve upon the old Ultima games which wouldnt be a bad thing.

There is only one RPG king and that is Sqenix :rolleyes: Actually they are more like RPG gods :cool:

Sqenix is what I wipe my nose with!

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

"Flame war? Off topic maybe, but it looked like a discussion to me. He just closed it because someone wasn't praising Bio, and they simply couldn't have that. I remember at the end, shortly before I signed up here, anytime I said anything that didn't border on Bio propaganda got me flamed or the thread closed within a day or two."

You should read more of the BIO baords. There's a lot of criticism about BIO that's left untouched. But, yeah, flame wars are usually eventually locked up.

"Hey Gaider, One Dimensional badguys like Malak and Sun li died out in the 80's. Get with the times."

Like FO2? PST? Like KOTOR2? Like IWD1? Like IWD2?

Hmm.. Seems to me that BIO isn't the only one with that problem.. Not that I feel it's a real problem. Usually a character that is such a major antagaonist of the PC for the entire game isn't exactly gonna go,"Oops! My apologizes! I didn't mean to try to kill you 100 times! Can we just be friends!" That simply isn't realistic. That isn't one dimensional. That's being true to one's character.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sqenix is what I wipe my nose with!

Brand name of a tissue or something is it ?

It just saves me the hassle of having to write Square-Enix all the time.

Troika could have probably been a serious competitor or even surpassed Bioware if they actually managed to make a game that wasnt riddled with serious and obvious bugs.

You have to be seriously pissed off with everything else that is out there to overlook those.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

"Flame war? Off topic maybe, but it looked like a discussion to me. He just closed it because someone wasn't praising Bio, and they simply couldn't have that. I remember at the end, shortly before I signed up here, anytime I said anything that didn't border on Bio propaganda got me flamed or the thread closed within a day or two."

You should read more of the BIO baords. There's a lot of criticism about BIO that's left untouched. But, yeah, flame wars are usually eventually locked up.

"Hey Gaider, One Dimensional badguys like Malak and Sun li died out in the 80's. Get with the times."

Like FO2? PST? Like KOTOR2? Like IWD1? Like IWD2?

Hmm.. Seems to me that BIO isn't the only one with that problem.. Not that I feel it's a real problem. Usually a character that is such a major antagaonist of the PC for the entire game isn't exactly gonna go,"Oops! My apologizes! I didn't mean to try to kill you 100 times! Can we just be friends!" That simply isn't realistic. That isn't one dimensional. That's being true to one's character.

*gasp* I agree with Volo here.

*To get serious on topic and stop joking around like other posts here by me*

Fanism happens at all developer boards as the fans of that particular brand are whats attracted there.

For example Blizzard boards. Go there and say something bad about WOW and you will get your life threatened! LOL. Insulting Blizzard on Blizzard boards is like burning a bible during a sunday mass in church. Their followers and moderators/developers are fanatics and lunitics!

I dont actually find Bio boards to be to bad, but I enjoy and appreciate active moderation thats concistant. Maybe Bio are a little heavy handed, but they are consistant in that heavy handedness.

Also, Ive said negative stuff about aspects of their games and never been censored or had a topic locked there (certainly never been banned). I think its more how you present your arguement then it is what your arguement is.

The posters are definately pro Bioware and usually following dont take critism well, but thats their posters, not their representative (IE: Moderators and developers).

I know Volo and I had a long debate regarding JE and K1 there citing the good and the bad and insulting (jokingly) each other. We never got censored or banned. Got a warning to calm it down once, but beyond that the mods and developers were right in there with us as long as it stayed in "good taste".

Edited by Kalfear

All right, having reread my last post, I feel like a dip****. Half of it wasn't even true. What was true was still overkill. May I rephrase it and hopefully say what I really meant?

*ahem* There was reason to close that thread down. I take that much back. I'm also willing to say that I supose the mods aren't so bad now. I can't say, as I no longer post there. However, I stand by the fact that, in my experience, the mods were a bit harsh. I am usually in support of the mods, but Bio's moderation policies aren't much to my liking.

I hope that's better. :">

sig2.gif

Apart from being too slow and having an abundance of inane or immature posters, the moderation policies of BioWare makes it impossible to actually have real discussions. They close everything that is even remotely controvertial, so unless you talk about something where everyone already agrees with you, youre not going to talk at all.

Oh, I agree.

I decided to rattle the cages a bit with my post before bed time and after I got back the thread was locked by biowarians. I had thought up a good reply for the obvious comeback as well and now I didn

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Most of Black Isle games and KotOR 2 doesn't follow the same mold as "I am going to try to take over the world" motiff. FO2 the bad guys were trying to recover what was loss. IWD 2 the Twins had legitimate reasons to attack Ten Towns. KotOR 2, Kreia had no interest in ruling the galaxy. At least Obsidian peeps try not to take the norm.

Edited by Hades_One

Dammit, Judge Hades; I was going to post entirely the same thing. You took the fire out of me!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Damn straight.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Most of Black Isle games and KotOR 2 doesn't follow the same mold as "I am going to try to take over the world" motiff.  FO2 the bad guys were trying to recover what was loss.  IWD 2 the Twins had legitimate reasons to attack Ten Towns.  KotOR 2, Kreia had no interest in ruling the galaxy.  At least Obsidian peeps try not to take the norm.

The unique bad guys were always the more interesting ones.

I was debating doing it, then I remembered I am a mod, so I can't. Not saying I would have done otherwise, but it's just not a question.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh common now.  Play one disgruntled spikey hair kid with a really big sword and you have played them all.

I don't remember Cloud being disgruntled. :thumbsup:

His personality was quiet interesting for a hero to... he had major self esteem issues.

Well, considering that his whole life was a lie, you can't blame him.

Personally, there aren't any major issues between the bioware and Obsidian forums (aside from Bioware being a little more strict). But i like interface at Obsidian more.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So, how did it go? Apart from being locked.

kirottu said:

"Well, the fanboys jumped down my case which is to be expected."

Eh. Many of the 'fanboys' that were stomping all over you were Obsidian fnaboys; not neccessarily BIO fanboys. Afterall, all you were doing was attacking Obsidian's work on NWN2 over some of the silliest stuff. Big whoop. No jumping, flying, or climbing. Oh the horror of it all!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.