I could use a little support...

Rhomal

"Its our way of bantering backi and forth. Don't like it, use the ignore function. If Volourn and I ever met in real life we probably do the same thing in normal conversation mode. HAHAHAHA! One of my RL friends do this sort of thing all the time. It really gets on the nerves of the gaming group because we can banter nonsensical for hours like that."

Hehe. if only one of my RL traits have shown up on the baords, it's my ability to go back and forth on even the most anal of subjects for a very long time. LOL :-

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Ah, one them friendly duels. Carry on then.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Course im more then a little ticked with Obsidians forums here to be honest and a PM I received from a mod telling me K3 topics have no place here (but Civ 4, impregnating rabbits topics, ect do) in the > OTHER GAMES > COMPUTER AND CONSOLE section of these forums and being told to go post at LA forums instead by the mod! So sticking up for Obsidian forums right now would be less then genuine to be honest, on my part!

Then you should blame me for being inconsistent in my moderation and not OE. I dont even work here :-

And the reason why Im being inconsistent is that I currently dont have the time to be completely thorough. Were currently developing a game as our first year project at Uni so things are very busy right now.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

Im drunk right now... I feel the need to share that.

that and a certain someone is bought and paid for whore of bioware.

but mainly im drunk.

wwwwwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

*does a ric flair strut*

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Drunk posting rules. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I just thought I'd say I did my part.

My real post was rather civil I think, but what I was thinking was:

I hate Bio fanboiz. They're rude crude, and really incredibly stupid. But these self-righteous ones are the worst. Boy, the blows I took trying to get along with them, just to be blown off again and again. Then getting flamed by fanboiz just for supporting Obsidian and K2? Nah, that was enough for me. But here I am, if only in self defence. Now if Kirrotu would stop flaming we might stand a chance...

Yeah, you know what? You people won't even let me preview my post! You guys suck!

sig2.gif

Thing is I don't have a problem with the Carth and Bastilla fanbois and girlz. I am just as much as a Brianna fanboi as Bastilla Skywalker is a Bastilla fangirl. There is nothing wrong in having a favorite character in a game.

Personally I like to see Minsc in a Star Wars game, but lets not go there shall we.

The problem lies in what type of fans each company attracts. Bioware attracts mindless drones that think they can't do no wrong to the point that the developers themselves think they can do no wrong. Obsidian attracts a more diverse group who have no problem telling Obsidian Developers that there is a burger hanging out of their nose. Obsidian would clean it up, admit that it is there (as much as they can for legal reasons) then move on. Obsidian has a quiet humility that Bioware just doesn't have and more accessible to more sensible posters, if not a bit more vocal about certain aspects of gaming.

I like both Obsidian and Bioware games, but I only really respect Obsidian.

My real post was rather civil I think...

Yes, probably rather more so than they deserve. Yet still the topic was closed, rather than moved to a more appropriate forum. Is there an appropriate forum for criticism of the Bioware boards at Bioware?

Yeah, you know what?  You people won't even let me preview my post!  You guys suck!

Obsidian forums are so user-friendly they've spoiled us.

Here's an interesting quote:

It is not Obsidian vs BioWare. It is one Neverwinter Nights community. We appreciate the community that we have here at BioWare and we appreciate the recognition we get for the effort we put in.

So long as you accept the downside of that, which is that the community will stay at the Bioware boards and is unlikely to follow you into enthusiasm for PNJ or other new projects. Is not the better long-term strategy to build up an Obsidian community?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Thing is I don't have a problem with the Carth and Bastilla fanbois and girlz.  I am just as much as a Brianna fanboi as Bastilla Skywalker is a Bastilla fangirl.  There is nothing wrong in having a favorite character in a game.

Personally I like to see Minsc in a Star Wars game, but lets not go there shall we.

The problem lies in what type of fans each company attracts.  Bioware attracts mindless drones that think they can't do no wrong to the point that the developers themselves think they can do no wrong.  Obsidian attracts a more diverse group who have no problem telling Obsidian Developers that there is a burger hanging out of their nose.  Obsidian would clean it up, admit that it is there (as much as they can for legal reasons) then move on.  Obsidian has a quiet humility that Bioware just doesn't have and more accessible to more sensible posters, if not a bit more vocal about certain aspects of gaming.

I like both Obsidian and Bioware games, but I only really respect Obsidian.

LOL Bio drones. I don't hang out much there any more so I don't know who they attract there..

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It is not Obsidian vs BioWare. It is one Neverwinter Nights community. We appreciate the community that we have here at BioWare and we appreciate the recognition we get for the effort we put in.

Flame war? Off topic maybe, but it looked like a discussion to me. He just closed it because someone wasn't praising Bio, and they simply couldn't have that. I remember at the end, shortly before I signed up here, anytime I said anything that didn't border on Bio propaganda got me flamed or the thread closed within a day or two.

sig2.gif

Obsidian attracts a more diverse group who have no problem telling Obsidian Developers that there is a burger hanging out of their nose. 

Well if someone has a burger hanging out of their nose, and they don't notice, they deserve to be ridiculed. I mean even them tiny McDonalds burgers are big enough that I think you'd notice.

Anyway, I prefer the forums here. I don't like the whole "If its not about our games, then its not welcome" type attitude they have there. I like that the community here can develop around more than just the games of the company. I like that once I'm bored with discussing KotOR 2 I can go rant about Firefly or Transformers in the WOT board, or just talk about general gaming stuff. It just has a more comfortable feel to the boards here. That and the board software and style is superior. It was a shame when the NWN2 boards got moved, because I, and I'm sure a lot of other regulars here, just couldn't be bothered to go to someone else's forums to talk about Obsidian's game.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Flame war?  Off topic maybe, but it looked like a discussion to me.  He just closed it because someone wasn't praising Bio, and they simply couldn't have that.  I remember at the end, shortly before I signed up here, anytime I said anything that didn't border on Bio propaganda got me flamed or the thread closed within a day or two.

I am the senior moderator at a very popular paintball forum that deals with 12-16yo's as the main demographic (I'm a 35yo father of 3 btw). I have preemptively closed many threads because the tone was headed for flames. I've also closed them when what was needed to be said about the main topic was said and anything added was degenerating from a discussion into an argument. Having carte blanche control over a couple hundred thousand users has given me a very unique perspective on closing and even deleting threads.

I'm not posting in defense of Bioware or Obsidian, but I am posting in defense of moderators. Chris had every right to close that thread for the simple fact that the "discussion" had moved into an "argument". I didn't see how it was closed because people had a dissenting opinion regarding Bioware, or even Obsidian. What I did see was a division of users that started talking about how one is better than the other. Once an opinion makes its way into a statement of perceived factuality it insists that responses are made in a retaliatory fashion. It's best to close a thread before it degenerates from there, than to let it continue.

Some of the Bioware folks don't like some of the folks from here and vice versa. However, when it comes to NWN2 there is going to be some overlap between the two communities no matter where the NWN2 boards are parked.

Just the opinion of a long term moderator.

Apart from being too slow and having an abundance of inane or immature posters, the moderation policies of BioWare makes it impossible to actually have real discussions. They close everything that is even remotely controvertial, so unless you talk about something where everyone already agrees with you, youre not going to talk at all.

I dont know if anyone posted this already but heres a link to how "Bioware makes their community work"

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051201/demaria_01.shtml

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I could make a new account...

:rolleyes:

EDIT: The topic is locked...

Apart from being too slow and having an abundance of inane or immature posters, the moderation policies of BioWare makes it impossible to actually have real discussions. They close everything that is even remotely controvertial, so unless you talk about something where everyone already agrees with you, youre not going to talk at all.

I dont know if anyone posted this already but heres a link to how "Bioware makes their community work"

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051201/demaria_01.shtml

What expect their Canadians and their not even the cool ones. They're the "I don't want people to be mad at me" canadians.

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

The thing is that it should be one NWN community. There should be a NWN 1 community and a NWN 2 community. Seriously, NWN 2 looks like it will be a very different and better game in all respects. Certainly there will be some aspect that will be the same as NWN 1 but it looks like NWN 2 will leave the cartoon aspects out. That is another thing I really dislike about Bioware games. They look like and often on the mentality level of a typical Saturday morning cartoon.

Hey Gaider, One Dimensional badguys like Malak and

Sun li

died out in the 80's. Get with the times.

The thing is that it should be one NWN community.  There should be a NWN 1 community and a NWN 2 community.  Seriously, NWN 2 looks like it will be a very different and better game in all respects.  Certainly there will be some aspect that will be the same as NWN 1 but it looks like NWN 2 will leave the cartoon aspects out.  That is another thing I really dislike about Bioware games.  They look like and often on the mentality level of a typical Saturday morning cartoon.

Hey Gaider, One Dimensional badguys like Malak and

Sun li

died out in the 80's.  Get with the times.

You mean the bad guys who are like "I'm bad, I can't change, so I'm just going to try to kill you"?

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Pretty much. I feel like I am playing against the same bad guy from BG1 to Jade Empire. Just different skins. I am sure mass Effect and Dragon Age will be the same. They have a formula and its working for them so why innovate?

Edited by Hades_One

Pretty much.  I feel like I am playing against the same bad guy from BG1 to Jade Empire.  Just different skins.  I am sure mass Effect and Dragon Age will be the same.  They have a formula and its working for them so why innovate?

Agreed. People refer to them as the RPG king (Mainly people who have only played Bioware games). It gets pretty anooying.

BTW, doesn't Bioware only have two competiter's? Obsidian and Bethesda (And maybe Troika)?

Edited by Craigboy2

Agreed. People refer to them as the RPG king (Mainly people who have only played Bioware games). It gets pretty anooying.

BTW, doesn't Bioware only have two competiter's? Obsidian and Bethesda (And maybe Troika)?

Obsidan not yet although perhaps at some point in the future.

Troika has gone the way of the dodo and it's not like it wasnt deserved.

Bethesda make very different games from Bioware, almost the opposite of Bioware in fact. Where as bioware games put you on a story path with little freedom Bethesda put you in a big world and tag on the story as an afterthought.

I guess if you could combine the two and had the machine to do it justice you would have something that wolud improve upon the old Ultima games which wouldnt be a bad thing.

There is only one RPG king and that is Sqenix :rolleyes: Actually they are more like RPG gods :cool:

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]