I could use a little support...

Rhomal

I am in a little spat with Robert from DLA about how horrible (in his eyes) these forums were while hosting nwn2. Needless to say I am defending obsidian/these forums.

Granted hes bought and paid for by Bioware so its not a shock but thats prob a stone best left unturned. If you want to post in support that would be nice, so it does not look as if I am the only one defending these forums. :wub:

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...460696&forum=95

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

Not worth my time. Bioware peeps have actually bought into their press thinking that they are all that. They make good games, but they aren't gods of gaming as they think they are.

If BioDweebs (the posters and not the employees) don't like thse forums then good, they can stay at Bioware. We don't need them here.

Edited by Hades_One

I'm not getting involved. I have my own Forum Dramas to deal with. LOL :D

"Not worth my time. Bioware peeps have actually bought into their press thinking that they are all that. They make good games, but they aren't gods of gaming as they think they are."

Sure, they are. At least in the relativelly small RPG world. How many game devloeprs get their games unsed in colleges and univeristies amongst other stuff?

BIO, and their games may not be perfect; but they're as close to a surefire hit as any RPG company can be.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

...there were a LOT of complaints from BioWare forum regulars who did not like the feel of the Obs NWN2 forums. A half dozen of the regulars who posted there had already been banned for life from the BioWare forums for being disruptive.

:wub:

Edited by Kaftan Barlast

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Ah, forum wars. What a great way to spend an even.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sorry Hades, never read mentioned forums so cant lend support to what I know nothing of :wub:

Course im more then a little ticked with Obsidians forums here to be honest and a PM I received from a mod telling me K3 topics have no place here (but Civ 4, impregnating rabbits topics, ect do) in the > OTHER GAMES > COMPUTER AND CONSOLE section of these forums and being told to go post at LA forums instead by the mod! So sticking up for Obsidian forums right now would be less then genuine to be honest, on my part!

"Yes, I agree they make good games but that is nothing special compared to other game companies that make good games."

The difference is they don't just make one good game and disseappear. They make game afetr game.

The fact that you of all people like JE even though it's combat is real time action says a lot. The fact that as much as you complain about NWN you have spent a lot of money and time on it.

"They can't stand an honest opinion."

There's honest opinion, and then there's just plain rudeness. i, perosnally, have no problem with people being rude or mean or cruel; but it makes sense for a professional company to cut the people.

There's A LOT of people who spend their days criticizing BIO on the BIO baords, and nothing happens. The difference is they criticize; they don't atagonize or attack.

P.S. As Rhomal knows I cna't post in that thread; but I'll just say that both baords (like all baords) have their share of good and evil posters as well as spam, and everything else. The biggest differences to me is that Obsidian boards are quicker and BIO boards have a sueprior exchange of ideas mainly because of all the dev posts - both BIO and Obsidian -.

I like 'em both in spite of certain dramas. :wub:

Edited by Volourn

I'll add my bit in here, if it's okay...

There's two reasons why I avoid the Bioboards like plague. First is the overall slugginess and being just so damn enormmous. Quick and comfy boards rock more. The second would be because I really can't stand fanboys. Sure, there's afair share of them here too, but the majority of people here in Obs tend to be critical and suffice to say fairly mature when compared to the Bio folks.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

A lot of money is spending over $1000 dollars on something, Volourn. I haven't spent that much on NWN. I haven't even broken broken past $100. Lets see Valve makes game after game as well and haven't disappeared. Id Software is the same. Blizzard have made game after game and each one have been critical successes. You are reaching, Volourn.

"At least in the relativelly small RPG world."

Keep my comments in perspective. BIO is nowhere near Blizzard's level when it comes to all of gaming.

"I haven't even broken broken past $100."

Ok. Uhuh. You bought

NWN, the two expansions, at least one repurchase of all three, and three different PM packages yet haven't spent $100. Right. Espicially consideirng that NWN is commonly referred to as one of the most expensive games ever.

"Good point of bioboards is that you can say **** there.

Edit: bio weenie"

Heh. Yet, people accuse BIO of being over sensitive to flames and the like. :-

Edited by Volourn

Ah, forum wars. What a great way to spend an even.

Note that wasnt my intent. I was simply a little annoyed the biozombies (More refined then 'dweebs') were jumping all over me and on the 'bioware is great, can do no wrong' bandwagon.

I just wanted a little show of support other ppl appreciated these forums as well.

Edited by Rhomal

Admin of World of Darkness Online News

News/Community site for the WoD MMORPG

http://www.wodonlinenews.net

---

Jericho sassed me so I broke into his house and stabbed him to death in his sleep. Problem solved. - J.E. Sawyer

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

---

Expecting "innovation" from Bioware is like expecting "normality" from Valve -Moatilliatta

"I haven't even broken broken past $100."

Ok. Uhuh. You bought

NWN, the two expansions, at least one repurchase of all three, and three different PM packages yet haven't spent $100. Right. Espicially consideirng that NWN is commonly referred to as one of the most expensive games ever.

Did he say that he bought them all at full price?

Note that wasnt my intent. I was simply a little annoyed the biozombies (More refined then 'dweebs') were jumping all over me and on the 'bioware is great, can do no wrong' bandwagon.

I just wanted a little show of support other ppl appreciated these forums as well.

Why even bother? Even the Developers there that work at Bioware have that attitude.

"Did he say that he bought them all at full price?"

Well... He bought them all as soon as they came out (within aweek so you, Hades, don't suggest you didn't buy it as soon as they did. lol).

"Total of $96. That is over a time frame of 3 years. Not a lot of money at all."

Plus taxes. And, if you only spent $30 on NWN Original when it first came out - even if it is Amerikan - I gotta say that's a pretty cheap store you bought it from. Heh.

Edited by Volourn

Sorry, but you two seem to have symptons of an issue known as "grasping on straws" aka " argument not really worth the efffort at all".

kirottu said:

They had a special if you preordered it. :-

I don't count txes because taxes don't go to the company nor the business I am buying it from. It goes to the state and/or federal government. That is often why it is cheaper to buy things online for you don't pay state taxes on most purchases done there.

"As a moderator at Obsidian I see the following advantages and disadvantages with having the NWN2 forums hosted by BioWare:

- A game developed by OE should be hosted by OE, I know some of the devs have expressed concern that this split makes it difficult for them to take the time to post on their own boards.

- The OE forums are much faster and less cluttered.

+ Not having 10000 ewoks bombarding the forum with the same questions over and over again 100times a day makes my job easier"

I agree with the genius who wrote this more less. Of course, these seem to be the disadvantages listed only. LOL

Talk about misadvertisement in the first sentence. :p

"Sorry, but you two seem to have symptons of an issue known as "grasping on straws" aka " argument not really worth the efffort at all"."

Eh. All in good fun. It's better and less annoying to disucss how much dollars Hades has spent on NWN then on the 'mine is bigger than yours' argument that's going on between the BIO vs. Obsidian Posters thing.

Thankfully, the Obsidian and BIO devs tend to stay out of it. :)

"They had a special if you preordered it.

I don't count txes because taxes don't go to the company nor the business I am buying it from. It goes to the state and/or federal government. That is often why it is cheaper to buy things online for you don't pay state taxes on most purchases done there."

:-

Edited by Volourn

Sorry, but you two seem to have symptons of an issue known as "grasping on straws" aka " argument not really worth the efffort at all".

Its our way of bantering backi and forth. Don't like it, use the ignore function. If Volourn and I ever met in real life we probably do the same thing in normal conversation mode. HAHAHAHA! One of my RL friends do this sort of thing all the time. It really gets on the nerves of the gaming group because we can banter nonsensical for hours like that.