Bugged out the ying-yang

So I recently put together a new computer system and decided I'd fire up KotoR2 on it. Old system was an athalon Xp2400+ with a radeon 9800 pro. Ran the game fine, minus slowing down in a couple places where the graphics were a smidge too high.

Well now my new comp with a dual core Ath 64, Geforce 7800GT and 2 gigs of ram is having more problems than I can shake a stick at.

I read about the problems with graphics being constantly choppy and loaded up the stock drivers that came with my card (v. 77.77) and the game seemed okay at first, but when it goes to load it gets to the last portion of the bar and then practically locks up for a few moments before going into the game. From there it again seems fine for general play, but sometimes when activating force powers my character gets stuck in place, bad enough that sometimes exiting and restarting the game won't fix it. Consoles are the main point of irritation. Sometimes consoles work fine, other times they hardly work at all. when you select something in the console it'll freeze for a few moments then go to the next page. its even more fun when you try to access holo-logs and have the game compeltely freeze on you. I'm really at a loss for what i can do with this short of tossing the game into the trash. I /want/ to play it, but I don't want to play it if it'll take a half hour just to go through all the text on a single console.

Due to the way the Odyssey Engine is programmed, the engine used in KotOR 1 and KotOR 2, neither game works properly on dual core processors.

Ah peachy :blink:

Well on the upside it seems running it sans patch allows it to be a smidge more stable. Still this sucks. Seems I can't win no matter what. I only want to beat the game once, sheesh! :lol:

Due to the way the Odyssey Engine is programmed, the engine used in KotOR 1 and KotOR 2, neither game works properly on dual core processors.

Ah peachy :wub:

Well on the upside it seems running it sans patch allows it to be a smidge more stable. Still this sucks. Seems I can't win no matter what. I only want to beat the game once, sheesh! :wub:

Hi Xeero,

I am running AMD 4400X2 and 7800GTX in SLI mode and have experienced the same problems you have been describing.

I found following this http://www.robpol86.com/Pages/imagecfg.php to help, it doesn't fix everything but the game is at least playable. I'm using 81.94 graphics drivers.

Hope this helps.